4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
September 10, 2017, 1:12pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Entered on behalf of Neal Flett who does not have an account on the forum:

This is the first time I have written on this website for a long time. for all those who wished the former two managers the sack. Look what we have got now. It was a crazy decision to sack Bignot.  Remember John Fenty saying he was head and shoulders above the rest. He was 6 months into his first full-time managers job. Yes, there was some strange tactics at the time, but he did make some good signings. None of Slade's signings have enhanced the squad. As supporters, we deserve better. Maybe it's time for John Fenty to pass the baton on.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
OllieGTFC
September 10, 2017, 1:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
I hate to say this but I miss Paul Hurst 😩

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
GrimRob
September 10, 2017, 1:21pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from OllieGTFC
I hate to say this but I miss Paul Hurst 😩

I am beginning to think we was right when he said we were spoilt

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 35
Swansea_Mariner
September 10, 2017, 1:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Hurst has done well no doubt about it, but theres no debating that it went stale here in the end. He took us up but it took him several goes and patience was wearing thin. After Halifax away I think it was inevitable that he would be gone one way or another sooner rather than later.

Bignot looked a good appointment and given time may have proved to be so, or maybe not we will never know. What I don't agree with is the way he was dismissed. If JF didn't want such a radical approach this should have been weeded out at interview or made clear from day 1. I honestly think what done for him was him saying it as it was I.e. we had less staff than Solihull, every team at our level had an s&c coach.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
Marinerz93
September 10, 2017, 1:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from GrimRob
Entered on behalf of Neal Flett who does not have an account on the forum:

This is the first time I have written on this website for a long time. for all those who wished the former two managers the sack. Look what we have got now. It was a crazy decision to sack Bignot.  Remember John Fenty saying he was head and shoulders above the rest. He was 6 months into his first full-time managers job. Yes, there was some strange tactics at the time, but he did make some good signings. None of Slade's signings have enhanced the squad. As supporters, we deserve better. Maybe it's time for John Fenty to pass the baton on.

Give the man an account Rob, as for Fenty I think he should go and beg Parker to take over and agree to any of his demands.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
ginnywings
September 10, 2017, 2:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,109
Gold Stars: 548
I still don't know how Bignot went from outstanding candidate to someone the board had no faith in within 6 months, despite the fact that we were more than comfortable in the league and at the start of a "project".

What did he do that scared the board so much? Surely what he was doing was sanctioned and if it wasn't, it should have been. He can't have been sacked based on results, given that he only had 6 months in the job and hadn't had a pre season, yet we were skirting with the play offs. He also had form for doing the same thing at his previous club, again something that should have been known by all concerned.

As for Hurst, he achieved what he set out to do and i think it had become stale and he needed a new challenge. He was offered League 1 football at a club with a new ground and facilities, in a nice part of the country and probably on more money. You can't blame him for accepting.

There is a school of thought that Slade was brought in purely because he was available, not because we particularly needed a change of manager. It's still early days yet and he may well come good, so we wait and see if it was the right decision, but it wouldn't surprise me if we are introducing a new manager who was "the outstanding candidate" before the season is over. Hurst apart, managers come and go with alarming regularity. Players also.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
grimps
September 10, 2017, 2:04pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,112
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Marinerz93

Give the man an account Rob, as for Fenty I think he should go and beg Parker to take over and agree to any of his demands.

I doubt that Parker would ever come back after our trust sold him down the river when they sold his gifted shares back to Fenty for a place on the board .
What have these trust board member ever been except nodding donkeys ? They had no influence over Fenty or if they have it's been minimal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
friskneymariner
September 10, 2017, 2:08pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Exactly in what way do the Trust represent the rank and file supporters.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
KingstonMariner
September 10, 2017, 2:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimps

I doubt that Parker would ever come back after our trust sold him down the river when they sold his gifted shares back to Fenty for a place on the board .
What have these trust board member ever been except nodding donkeys ? They had no influence over Fenty or if they have it's been minimal

Well that was a strategic error by both the Trust Board and the membership that was obvious at the time.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
KingstonMariner
September 10, 2017, 2:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
What Ginny said.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst or Bignot

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.