Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 315 Guests

FAO Getyourfactsright

This thread currently has 28,296 views. Print
22 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Bristol Mariner
September 10, 2017, 9:28am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
No, not looking to slag the club, manager or players off.

Maybe what we need is something from you to reassure the fans that plans are in place to keep us in this Division this season.

Performances and the heavy handed approach of the police and stewards will soon hit away attendances and home attendances are starting to slide downwards.

One positive is the fans.

We've got to have hope in our hearts.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
denni266
September 10, 2017, 9:48am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
I think you are wasting your time there.. To run  football club you need money.. Mr Fenty  has no where near enough to run a club out of his money , its just a toy . look at me thing.. a football fan he  may be , and to his local club and he chucked a few bob in.. but thats all it is in football terms . He will not have an equal or anyone with more control than him, because its his ball and will take it home with him . there is no chance of getting a strait answer from anyone in politics everyone knows that,  its either answered by another question or  an answer that brings so many other things in to it it never gets answered.. thats m personal oppinion
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 210
ginnywings
September 10, 2017, 9:49am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
What reassurances can he give? No-one plans for relegation but 2 teams must drop out of the league each season. I don't think we will be one of them myself and it's all a bit premature after six games to be talking about it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 210
grimsby pete
September 10, 2017, 10:08am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
I would like to know  after we got the Bogle money,

1. Why did we not buy a decent striker,

2. Why did he allow Bignot and Slade bring so many players in that are not good enough.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 210
MuddyWaters
September 10, 2017, 10:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from grimsby pete
I would like to know  after we got the Bogle money,

1. Why did we not buy a decent striker,

2. Why did he allow Bignot and Slade bring so many players in that are not good enough.

At least Bignot seemed to have a plan, Slade seems to prefer quantity over quality. Just my opinion, but Bignot seemed to have a bigger plan than Fenty was prepared to finance and we're now left with a manager on the way down rather than one on the way up.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 210
arryarryarry
September 10, 2017, 10:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from ginnywings
What reassurances can he give? No-one plans for relegation but 2 teams must drop out of the league each season. I don't think we will be one of them myself and it's all a bit premature after six games to be talking about it.

We may not drop out of the League but many on here said that last time.

Yes it is early on in the season but the naysayers said that last time.

The fact that we have an ageing squad consisting of what some might regard as journeymen, forwards who look unlikely to get into double figures, defenders who are making schoolboy errors nearly every game, players who at times look as if they don't give a toss reminds me so much of Neil Woods time as manager and we know how well that went.

I'm not in any way saying sack Russell Slade now but if this form continues then he has to be gone by Christmas we must not do what we did with Neil Woods and hang on in the hope he can turn it around and I just hope JF has learnt that lesson.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 210
grimsby pete
September 10, 2017, 10:23am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MuddyWaters

At least Bignot seemed to have a plan, Slade seems to prefer quantity over quality. Just my opinion, but Bignot seemed to have a bigger plan than Fenty was prepared to finance and we're now left with a manager on the way down rather than one on the way up.

By all accounts when we play the ball on the ground we look half decent,

So Russ can we do it more often, ?

I watched Stoke give Man Ure a hard time yesterday with long diagonal balls,

BUT

They had the players capable of kicking the ball in the right place and having another player capable of finding the space for the other player to aim at.

We don't.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 210
MuddyWaters
September 10, 2017, 10:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from grimsby pete

By all accounts when we play the ball on the ground we look half decent,

So Russ can we do it more often, ?

I watched Stoke give Man Ure a hard time yesterday with long diagonal balls,

BUT

They had the players capable of kicking the ball in the right place and having another player capable of finding the space for the other player to aim at.

We don't.

The problem we have is that we don't have enough players who work hard enough without the ball. Whether that's tracking back or making space for runners, we don't do it. That must be down to either laziness or poor coaching, or a combination of the two.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 210
HertsGTFC
September 10, 2017, 10:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

How do we know Fenty had the means to finance Bignot's plans? That is an issue people never really consider, just because JF has personal means it does not mean he should be expected to use them on the football club at every touch & turn or the whims of a manager who swung from being a real visionary to a total nut job on a daily basis.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 210
ginnywings
September 10, 2017, 10:40am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from arryarryarry

We may not drop out of the League but many on here said that last time.

Yes it is early on in the season but the naysayers said that last time.

The fact that we have an ageing squad consisting of what some might regard as journeymen, forwards who look unlikely to get into double figures, defenders who are making schoolboy errors nearly every game, players who at times look as if they don't give a toss reminds me so much of Neil Woods time as manager and we know how well that went.

I'm not in any way saying sack Russell Slade now but if this form continues then he has to be gone by Christmas we must not do what we did with Neil Woods and hang on in the hope he can turn it around and I just hope JF has learnt that lesson.

Don't get me wrong, i'm well aware of all that and absolutely know that we could repeat what happened under Woods, but my opinion is that we probably won't and it's too early to be thinking that way just yet.

I get that people are p1ssed off and want to have a rant and i'm sure the "happy clapper" line will get thrown out very shortly, but form can and does change quickly in football.

I'm extra p1ssed off because i paid for my season ticket on my credit card and payment in full is due tomorrow. Beginning to wish i'd not bought it but i'm stuck for the long haul now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 210
22 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.