Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Police Today - Why?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 184 Guests

Police Today - Why?

This thread currently has 5,085 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
September 9, 2017, 8:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
I have also become disillusioned with going away and belong looked upon as an invading marauder. When you read some of the tosh about how they are there for safety and to assist you think what bulls##t, they put on a show of we're ready to jump on you as soon as you look at them, in fact to some people they could be quite intimidating. At major tournaments they try to interact with supporters and this has been found to make things better, unless the Russians are involved. Probably a lawyer could explain if they have the right to video people without there consent, or once again it's probably only football fans that this can happen to. I must stop now because strickley's on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
jock dock tower
September 9, 2017, 8:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I well remember when we went to Highfield Road in the League Cup after beating Coventry at BP, and thinking we might get a result there as well. Big turn out from Town that night, and I think there were some fun and games outside the ground after the game, but during it the police - the notorious West Midlands Crime Squad no doubt - thought they could take liberties with Town fans and I noticed a number of folk being deliberately goaded to try and get a reaction.

I had my young son with me that night, he was only ten, and we were sat in the bottom half of the stand. As most of the fans were stood up we had no option to stand either if we wanted to see the game. Some bright spark plod nearby cam over to tell me and my son to sit down or he would take action. I pointed out that absolutely everybody else was stood up and that if he wished to go and speak to all of them and make them sit down I would be very happy indeed to follow his instructions. But no, he wanted to be the big I am and insisted I sit down or I would be ejected. After advising him to go forth and multiply, and to try and make me sit down he then weighed the situation up and called his CO over!

It all got sorted out eventually - and we stayed standing - but this idiot was just busting a gut to try and impress his buddies around him. When faced with a situation he couldn't handle he was made to look very foolish indeed.

Many times over the years, before moving north, I faced ridiculous levels and competence of policing when watching Town away, and it is my view that away fans are thought of as nothing more than animals in the Football League. Thoroughly enjoyed my away days watching a few games each season in the Conference where in the main you were treated with far more respect - as a human being in fact - although I'm aware there were a few notable exceptions.

The difference between non league and league is chalk and cheese where the treatment of fans are concerned and the Billy Big B0ll0cks who think they can treat fans so appallingly should be made to do non league policing for a season or two where they could learn things like civility and how to treat folk normally.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
Madeleymariner
September 9, 2017, 8:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Because we have idiots who carry smoke bombs and for some reason a few people think going to a football match is about getting p1ss3d and then being as obnoxious as possible to fellow supporters, stewards and Police. Yes its overkill, but the number of times last season our supporters would stand on mass at the front, block the gangways/exit/entrance all game, jump on the pitch every time we score (how exciting a goal against Pub Team Utd, well worth a 3 year ban). Some of our fans behaviour is far from good at any game with a slight edge to it, so we brought much of it on ourselves. Yes the way we are treated sometimes is shocking Ive never been in trouble in my life and still get treated as if I am a potential thug just because I go to football match - Stevenage must have been horrendous for many that went and needs dealing with, and some small clubs are not set up to accomodate large followings, but until all fans can behave like reasonable human beings it wont stop. I await the red crosses for being a respectable law abiding person.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
Jaws
September 9, 2017, 8:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Because we have idiots who carry smoke bombs and for some reason a few people think going to a football match is about getting p1ss3d and then being as obnoxious as possible to fellow supporters, stewards and Police. Yes its overkill, but the number of times last season our supporters would stand on mass at the front, block the gangways/exit/entrance all game, jump on the pitch every time we score (how exciting a goal against Pub Team Utd, well worth a 3 year ban). Some of our fans behaviour is far from good at any game with a slight edge to it, so we brought much of it on ourselves. Yes the way we are treated sometimes is shocking Ive never been in trouble in my life and still get treated as if I am a potential thug just because I go to football match - Stevenage must have been horrendous for many that went and needs dealing with, and some small clubs are not set up to accomodate large followings, but until all fans can behave like reasonable human beings it wont stop. I await the red crosses for being a respectable law abiding person.

It's a small minority. The police were prepared for a mass-scale riot.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
Madeleymariner
September 9, 2017, 8:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Jaws

It's a small minority. The police were prepared for a mass-scale riot.

I agree but until there is no small minority it wont change unfortuneately
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
Gaffer58
September 9, 2017, 8:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
It must be absolutely terrible if you were a perfectly law abiding Millwall supporter, as however we get treated they will be 10 times worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
dapperz fun pub
September 9, 2017, 8:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from jock dock tower
I well remember when we went to Highfield Road in the League Cup after beating Coventry at BP, and thinking we might get a result there as well. Big turn out from Town that night, and I think there were some fun and games outside the ground after the game, but during it the police - the notorious West Midlands Crime Squad no doubt - thought they could take liberties with Town fans and I noticed a number of folk being deliberately goaded to try and get a reaction.

I had my young son with me that night, he was only ten, and we were sat in the bottom half of the stand. As most of the fans were stood up we had no option to stand either if we wanted to see the game. Some bright spark plod nearby cam over to tell me and my son to sit down or he would take action. I pointed out that absolutely everybody else was stood up and that if he wished to go and speak to all of them and make them sit down I would be very happy indeed to follow his instructions. But no, he wanted to be the big I am and insisted I sit down or I would be ejected. After advising him to go forth and multiply, and to try and make me sit down he then weighed the situation up and called his CO over!

It all got sorted out eventually - and we stayed standing - but this idiot was just busting a gut to try and impress his buddies around him. When faced with a situation he couldn't handle he was made to look very foolish indeed.

Many times over the years, before moving north, I faced ridiculous levels and competence of policing when watching Town away, and it is my view that away fans are thought of as nothing more than animals in the Football League. Thoroughly enjoyed my away days watching a few games each season in the Conference where in the main you were treated with far more respect - as a human being in fact - although I'm aware there were a few notable exceptions.

The difference between non league and league is chalk and cheese where the treatment of fans are concerned and the Billy Big B0ll0cks who think they can treat fans so appallingly should be made to do non league policing for a season or two where they could learn things like civility and how to treat folk normally.

Loads of aggro that night at cov some of the worst fighting I've ever witnessed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
September 9, 2017, 8:47pm
Guest User
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s.....outh-police-stewards

Very impressed by this article. The over zealous policing today was shocking. Sadly this is a national problem and stereotype which won't be eradicated any time soon.  
Reply: 17 - 27
KingstonMariner
September 9, 2017, 10:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Madeleymariner

I think you can probably get therapy for Stockholm Syndrome.

Police should deal with criminals when they see criminal acts being committed. They shouldn't treat everyone else as a criminal. I haven't a clue in what way I am responsible for the behaviour of knobheads who happen to be in the same part of a football stadium as me, and why I should suffer for their behaviour. If you have some practical advice as to how I can stop them being knobheads I'm all ears.

But go on making excuses for the police if you like being pushed around.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
KingstonMariner
September 9, 2017, 10:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 1739
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s.....outh-police-stewards

Very impressed by this article. The over zealous policing today was shocking. Sadly this is a national problem and stereotype which won't be eradicated any time soon.  

Great article. A sensible copper, making sensible remarks.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Police Today - Why?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.