grimsby pete
September 10, 2017, 12:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
The team as a whole are to blame for the poor results so far,

I include Slade and his tactics in that as well.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
davmariner
September 10, 2017, 1:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from barralad

No I write on the Just Back thread as a ghost writer.

Well in that case I'd suggest that you take your head out of your own behind and actually watch the game. Smart @rse.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
Grantley
September 10, 2017, 2:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Clarke gave away one of the penalties. Can't really see how he was at fault for the others.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
friskneymariner
September 10, 2017, 2:36pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,158
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Grantley
Clarke gave away one of the penalties. Can't really see how he was at fault for the others.

Watch the second goa,l misheads it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 10, 2017, 7:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,677
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Wrong to single out one player for that fiasco the marking at set pieces and crosses is unacceptable at any level that is down to the whole team. The defence is leaking goals in like a sieve every corner or free kick just outside the area has goal written all over it at the minute.  

Agree to some extent but Clarke is Captain and centre half so has double responsibility when it comes to clearing set pieces both organisational and personal with his own man.

What I have seen he has total lack of pace and regularly gets caught on his heels and just sticks out a leg by way of a tackle, remember first couple of minutes v Crewe and foul he committed on edge of our box?

I opted after last weeks game to recall Collins instead of Clarke for this week as think he is a much better player and Clarke and Dixon on left leaves us very weak pace wise. Despite our large squad a loan player for left  back and centre mid look urgent requirements to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
mariner91
September 10, 2017, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,583
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Agree to some extent but Clarke is Captain and centre half so has double responsibility when it comes to clearing set pieces both organisational and personal with his own man.

What I have seen he has total lack of pace and regularly gets caught on his heels and just sticks out a leg by way of a tackle, remember first couple of minutes v Crewe and foul he committed on edge of our box?

I opted after last weeks game to recall Collins instead of Clarke for this week as think he is a much better player and Clarke and Dixon on left leaves us very weak pace wise. Despite our large squad a loan player for left  back and centre mid look urgent requirements to me.

Which can't happen until January which was why I was astonished RS didn't add any defenders on deadline day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
FishOutOfWater
September 10, 2017, 9:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,563
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from HotToddy
FFS Shaun Pearson was a massive donkey. Fans are even saying that Bignot was a good manager and we should have kept him. Worst manager in GTFC history. Ask anybody who knows football about Pearson and Bignot.  

I know this forum is all about opinions but surely that title has to go to Neil Woods...no-one else even comes close to his "achievements"
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 46 - 51
Mendonca1995
September 11, 2017, 7:37am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Go back to the games this season I recall him giving away at least 4 goals it's simply not good enough he's been terrible admit it

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
September 11, 2017, 7:43am
Guest User
I said it pre season and I'll say it again. Our defenders are too old. We've Clarke (35), Collins (37), Davis (36), Dixon (31). Only Zac Mills and the injury prone Karleigh Osborne (2 appearances for two clubs last season) under 30 years old. We are static, as a result, we have to play deep which means the opposition can play higher up the pitch and we are under pressure straight away. We have given several players their last contracts, we are giving away free kicks and corners all over the place as our defenders can't keep up and are resorting to fouls. And we don't seem too clever at defending these set pieces.

Dixon looks as bad as Clarke IMO, he's been shite and on a two year deal. We got rid of Shaun Pearson for these donkeys, inexcusable. I don't know what budget the manager has been given, in the boards defence, Slade has amassed a huge squad of around 30 'professionals'. Quantity over quality.

I would suggest, when fit Karleigh Osbourne should start, with Collins alongside him. Zac Mills at right back. We do have Jack Keeble to maybe bring in, he can't be worse than Clarke. Nothing personal against him, age catches all of us up.

And FFS, let's give Harry Clifton an extended chance in the middle of the park. Apparently, he was excellent in the ten bob cup against Donny, his reward was to be dropped from the squad on the Saturday. What's going on with Chris Clements as well? We're shite in the middle of the park as well. In fact, we're shite throughout the spine and crap in the full back areas, shite wide left as well! Though on a positive note, Dembele has been excellent so we've one player at least. Although his form is noticibly dropping off!

Terrible recruitment from Slade, it has to be said. We have all these shite players under contract, will cost massive money to ship them out as I don't see many taking over their contracts. We are in big trouble and I'd put us down as favourites for relegation to the national league.

Kin ell, I'm a ray of sunshine this morning.
Reply: 48 - 51
Maringer
September 11, 2017, 8:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,467
Gold Stars: 185
Bloody hell, has Clarke aged two years overnight? I know it has been a tough start to the season, but that seems a bit of a leap. Dixon isn't 31 yet either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nathan Clarke

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.