This thread currently has 22,093 views. Print
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
September 10, 2017, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I do wonder how much better we'd be with J Osborne in the middle. The rest of the bunch in the middle are strictly functional, with the odd bit of flair from Clements (I think he still plays for us) but I can honestly say that Osborne is the only bit of sparkle in that centre.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 137
FishOutOfWater
September 10, 2017, 8:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
So on yesterday's showing, who deserves to play on Tuesday? I can't for the life of me think who we can put out to ensure we don't capitulate like we did in the second half yesterday

We'll certainly need to come out fighting because they're on a roll so do we have the resources to stop them and get anything from the game?

I'm not sure how Slade can shuffle the pack even though last week he was banging on about how strong the bench was when he needs to re-jig

One player I'd have back in straight away is Jones so that will mean either Vernon or Hooper will have to lose their place - maybe both if he decides to play Matt?

Defence I guess the full backs will be Dixon & Davies if Mills is injured still.... who the central pair will be though is up for debate.

Midfield Dembele is assured of his place but who else? Rose I guess though people's opinions of him seem mixed. Berrett / Summerfield / Clifton / Clements?? I'm not sure

As for the wide positions, Jaiyesimi shows promise but maybe he's a bit too raw to throw in to such an important game but would he be any less effective than Woolford or Kelly

And where's Tom been for the past couple of games? He was playing well until Woolford came on the scene and has now seemingly disappeared?

One thing's for sure whoever figures on Tuesday needs to give their all for the full game because any half-heartedness like yesterday just isn't acceptable

Onwards and upwards....hopefully!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 121 - 137
Mariner_09
September 10, 2017, 9:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
For me on Tuesday:

McKeown
Tait Toto Gowling Robertson
Arnold Dis Clay Nolan
     Bogle Amond

Oh wait, sadly I'll have to go for this

McKeown
Davies         Osborne      Collins      Dixon
Bolarinwa     Berrett         Rose       Jaiyasimi
                     Matt           Jones

Bench: Killip, Keeble, Clifton, Dembele, Clements, Vernon, Hooper

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 137
Grantley
September 10, 2017, 9:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Doesn't start Dembele  .

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 137
Mariner_09
September 10, 2017, 9:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
No, felt he was poor yesterday, beats men for fun but has no end product at all. Also he's always knackered after 70 minutes so I doubt he's fit enough to play twice in 4 days.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 137
FishOutOfWater
September 10, 2017, 9:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grantley
Doesn't start Dembele  .

I think it's nailed on he'll start but it's all about opinions

Since the opener at Chesterfield when he made that pass to Sam Jones, he's certainly been good to watch, but has he actually been that productive?

Nobody should think they're not going to lose their place because as much as he's a talent, we should be more than just a "one man team"
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 125 - 137
Grantley
September 10, 2017, 10:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
He might not have much end product but he put in the cross for the goal against Crewe.

Mansfield fans on twitter and other forums said he was easily our best player.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 137
FishOutOfWater
September 10, 2017, 10:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grantley
He might not have much end product but he put in the cross for the goal against Crewe.

Mansfield fans on twitter and other forums said he was easily our best player.

You're right...he did. I take back what I said about him not producing that much since Chesterfield 👍

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 127 - 137
Maringer
September 10, 2017, 10:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,482
Gold Stars: 185
Regardless, I wouldn't disagree that Dembele needs to make more of his abilities. If the rest of the team was pulling its weight, he might be able to achieve a bit more instead of feeding on scraps. Too many non-appearances from too many players already this season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 137
MuddyWaters
September 10, 2017, 11:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Maringer
Regardless, I wouldn't disagree that Dembele needs to make more of his abilities. If the rest of the team was pulling its weight, he might be able to achieve a bit more instead of feeding on scraps. Too many non-appearances from too many players already this season.

For all he does with the ball, he does very little without it. Waiting for the ball to come to you isn't good enough.
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 137
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.