ginnywings
September 9, 2017, 3:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RoboCod
Just one thing I want to hear for Mr Fenty; that Slade has 2 months to turn this around, get us looking like a top 10 team at the very least or he is GONE.
If it's a good enough rule for Bignot, it's good enough for Slade.

The official line with Bignot was that JF had "lost faith in him".

How much faith has he in Slade and Wilko right now?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 137
Perkins
September 9, 2017, 3:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from ginnywings

The official line with Bignot was that JF had "lost faith in him".

How much faith has he in Slade and Wilko right now?

More than i have.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 137
Balthazar Bullitt
September 9, 2017, 4:04pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
An afternoon of utter gash.

They had tactics and we didn't.

They had a semblance of a team and we had 11 blokes who all wear the same shirt.

After last week I allowed myself to think that we were starting to "form" ourselves into something greater than the whole.

This week was just a collection of holes.

Dixon and Mills were given the runaround and constantly being pulled out of position. Dixon in particular looks very vulnerable.

Hooper ( who I actually thought was doing ok in the games I've seen him) just thought he done enough by getting on the coach. Didn't even look arsed in the warm up.

Rose (another I thought showed promise) was as invisible as two invisible James Berret's today. How he had the nerve to try and persuade Jones he should take the pen is beyond me!

Berret (who I don't think is much cop) tried his best and at least made some passes to his colleagues.

Vernon. Stupid decisions from someone who I thought was an intelligent player (if you give him the ball below his chin). The one decent cross we put it all afternoon, just crying out for him to head back across the keeper and he tries to bring it down and loses it. Clear chance of a shot from 10 yards out and he passes it and we lose it.

Giving away needless free kicks around the box.
Unable to defend set pieces.
Zero fvucking leadership evident from anyone, on or off the pitch.
Nothing that looks like team spirit.

There is such a lack of discipline in that squad I do wonder what Sladess does with them all week.
Yes Fenty is responsible for hiring him and for the budget, but shite on a bike you'd think there would be some semblance of teamwork.

It is uttertly irrelevant whether you've managed and/or played five gadzillion games at a higher level. You ain't at that fvckin level now and what you've done before means sod all

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 137
barralad
September 9, 2017, 4:11pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Seeing as how this started as a Just Back thread...
First half pretty even on the balance of play. Town undone by a pretty debatable penalty. The half did provide a clue though in that for all our quite clever football in the middle of the park we are miles away from where we need to be in the fabled "final third". We just do not create enough in the opponents box. Vernon tried but Hooper and he seemed to be miles apart. Last week Hooper showed he is a different player with the ball at his feet. I counted at least four wellies down the line to him after he'd made good space at head height or above. Dembele once again tried to provide a spark having one effort that looked goalbound blocked but simply not enough. For all his brilliant play when on the ball he doesn't get into the danger area often enough. With a ref like today's the chances of winning a penalty at least must have been a probability.
Second half Town started the better but and this is a terrible thing to say really with over 30 minutes of the second half to go their second goal killed any realistic possibility of getting something from the game. It looked incredibly poor defensively with some doubt about whether it was a simple free header or even a knee. Hooper was shown some mercy being replaced by Jones but it made no difference even though it appeared a straight swop. Mills went off with what looked like a pulled thigh muscle being replaced by Davies. The lad from Norwich came on for Dembele and I think won the equally debateable penalty that Jones smacked under the keeper. Town's day was summed up when Rose smashed a late shot into literally Row Z of the away end. Lots of disgruntled Town fans with loud booing during and after the game. Slade's ability to divide the fanbase remains undiminished.
Dembele the best player on the park first half. No-one really stepped up second half. Very poor day at the office.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 137
RoboCod
September 9, 2017, 4:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
How about Jayesimi's introduction Barra? He won the penalty I believe...any crumb of comfort in his display?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 137
RoboCod
September 9, 2017, 4:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Or am I missing this and he's the lad from Norwich?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 137
barralad
September 9, 2017, 4:19pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from RoboCod
How about Jayesimi's introduction Barra? He won the penalty I believe...any crumb of comfort in his display?

He is one and the same. I'll have worked out his name by March.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 137
arryarryarry
September 9, 2017, 4:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Hooper was garbage again, and when was the last time a new no.9 has been substituted just about every game.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 137
RoboCod
September 9, 2017, 4:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I copy and paste it from the GET.
It seems odd that we have such a toothless forward line but Dembele and Jayesimi and Tombola, when he's on his game, out wide and capable of doing real damage.
It's almost like a classic Slade Town team managed by a fading Slade who's forgotten to sign Reddy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 137
Sigone
September 9, 2017, 4:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Slade says we need to win "ugly". If what we are seeing now is pretty i'm certain I dont wanna see ugly  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.