Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mansfield Town vs Grimsby Town - Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 249 Guests

Mansfield Town vs Grimsby Town - Match Thread

This thread currently has 17,980 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 9, 2017, 2:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Wow im worried, how will the club react, I can't see him being sacked still, they'll leave it till we're in deep excrement. Last season yeh we seemed to collapse when the game wasnt going our way, but this season we just sound poor and lacking in quality from start to finish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 103
mariner91
September 9, 2017, 2:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,589
Gold Stars: 260
It's not the fact we're losing games. It's the manner of the defeats. No goal threat in the games against Coventry, Stevenage and now Mansfield. Nobody on the pitch who is looking to take the game by the scruff of the neck and most worrying is what seems like an acceptance of defeat along with a complete lack of fight. We've seen what relegations losers look like and this squad has that look all over them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 103
promotion plaice
September 9, 2017, 2:32pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,026
Gold Stars: 194

Scoring goals for fun pre-season..

but

As was predicted, where are the goals going to come from.

We should have used some of the Bogle money to sign a proven goalscorer at this level.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 103
ginnywings
September 9, 2017, 2:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
No, we shouldn't get rid of Slade, but should we have appointed him in the first place? 3 managers in one season last year (4 if you count Moore) and already the new one is under pressure. Turnover of players and managers is very worrying, with no apparent improvement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 103
Perkins
September 9, 2017, 2:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from 123614

Sorry, didn't realise you had access to Grimsby Town's bank statements!  My point is that every time we lose, you 'doom and gloom' merchants jumps on here and demand the manager to be sacked.  We are only 6 games into the season, what happens if we sack Slade, then the next manager does no better after 6 matches, do we sack him then?  It's far too early to be getting rid of the manager, sure we aren't doing well at the moment but we have a lot of time to start getting some more points together.

What happens if we sack Slade? We get some Hope.  Like I've said previously, worst collective group of players since relegation to the conference.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 103
hippo130
September 9, 2017, 2:36pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +56
Quoted from 123614

Sorry, didn't realise you had access to Grimsby Town's bank statements!  My point is that every time we lose, you 'doom and gloom' merchants jumps on here and demand the manager to be sacked.  We are only 6 games into the season, what happens if we sack Slade, then the next manager does no better after 6 matches, do we sack him then?  It's far too early to be getting rid of the manager, sure we aren't doing well at the moment but we have a lot of time to start getting some more points together.

I hate it when we sack managers I was happy when we had continuity with Hurst and would love nothing more than as to have this again but this is utter rubbish at the minute. I have seen absolutely no improvement under Slade at all we are going backwards. He has got no ideas he will say that the players aren't doing the simple things properly, well that's his fault surely as he should be coaching that out of them on the training pitch. We can't even say we are solid but not scoring we have nothing we are a poor, poor side.

No I haven't got access to the accounts but just look at the size of the squad we have now and we have been signing players from higher divisions who will be on higher wages than those from lower divisions and the backroom staff has got larger and I don't think they do it for free so put all those things together and it suggests that we have spent a fair amount of money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 103
OllieGTFC
September 9, 2017, 2:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Always enjoyed it in non league anyways

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 103
denni266
September 9, 2017, 2:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Always enjoyed it in non league anyways

at least we could win a few games down there,,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 103
Zmariner
September 9, 2017, 2:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Slade seems to be on a downward spiral. A scary squad but will be patient as ever. Got to give Slade till xmas , would already be delighted to stay up, we are shite
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 103
Quagmire
September 9, 2017, 2:41pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Yet another dreadful Fenty appointment.

Reminds me of AB3.

Both Slade and Wilkinson are on downward spirals career wise.

Slade should never have been reappointed but he's a mate of Fenty's and he's just gone out and brought him in with what appears little, if any, discussion with any other board members.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mansfield Town vs Grimsby Town - Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.