15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
September 2, 2017, 9:28pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Cliche time:- Football is a team game and Berrett gave a good account of himself in a very good team performance. Personally I don't want much more.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 140
ginnywings
September 2, 2017, 9:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
I really don't get all this Berrett hatred. The midfield played well today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 140
Grantley
September 2, 2017, 9:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Osborne, Rose and Hooper excellent. Clarke, Mills, Vernon and Dembele good. Didn't think Berrett was brilliant today but he's getting involved this season, which is a massive improvement on last year. Not sure Dixon was all that good today either but he's been steady.

Dembele is mesmerising to watch but he needs a better end product (I know he got the assist today!)

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 140
TownSNAFU5
September 2, 2017, 9:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
First game of the season for me, for various reasons.  I have read all the reports on earlier games.

JJ Hooper must have been played by his twin brother as he was very good. He got better by the minute in the second half, holding the ball up well and playing others in.

442,great. Vernon has always been effective when I have seen him.  His intelligence, aerial ability and power and influence are underated.

Really enjoyed the game, performance and result.

We need to shoot more when in the penalty area.  And when defending the lead in the last 10 mins, leave at least 1 man up.  We did not and the ball just comes straight back.

We thought that there was an Asian wedding part getting ready in the corner of the Osmond before HT.   It was the energetic girl dancers in decorative dresses about to come on.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 140
MuddyWaters
September 2, 2017, 9:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
I know I'm a James Berrett fan but FFS, Hurst and Bignot played him as a left winger and, yes, he was excrement as a left winger. Put the bloke in his position and he plays to his ability - remember, he played over 200 games in League 1 as a central midfielder. He loses the ball in possession sometimes but he very rarely misplaces a pass.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 140
HertsGTFC
September 2, 2017, 9:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Sorry gents re Berret I just don't see it, I get that he keeps things tidy, agree with that but I just don't see that he adds other than that, I know he can play.

Hagrid - Why would I pick out a player "for the sake of it" ? .

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 140
MuddyWaters
September 2, 2017, 10:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Sorry gents re Berret I just don't see it, I get that he keeps things tidy, agree with that but I just don't see that he adds other than that, I know he can play.

Hagrid - Why would I pick out a player "for the sake of it" ? .

Sorry - if you don't get that the midfield duo Rose AND Berrett were instrumental in a pretty decent team performance today, then you really don't understand football. 'I know he can play' - what does that mean? More important, Slade rates him and plays him in his natural position.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 140
Stranger in the Park
September 2, 2017, 10:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -189
Gold Stars: 7
I want to give some credit to Crewe . They played a very good game of one touch football -as expected - for twenty minutes whilst Town played hoof ball for this period and had lots of supporters around us shaking their heads. When the penny dropped that they themselves could actually play the game as intended a completely different match occurred. I don't know what triggered this turn about but they have now set themselves a standard to maintain and proved a large chunk of moaners and doom merchants wrong.Those of us who did turn out (there were less than 4k town spectators) were treated to a very good competitive game and hopefully we have turned the corner. Yes there were a few rough edges as would be expected of a newly put together team but the improvement was there for all to see.

Note- Very impressed at the rapid attention to the Crewe man down with credit to the ref for seeing the urgency, unlike some others that have been here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 140
HertsGTFC
September 2, 2017, 10:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Sorry - if you don't get that the midfield duo Rose AND Berrett were instrumental in a pretty decent team performance today, then you really don't understand football. 'I know he can play' - what does that mean? More important, Slade rates him and plays him in his natural position.

Because I have seen him play H&A on numerous occasions and play well like he did at Cambridge last year where he ran the game and scored the winner.

To say that "I don't understand football" Just because I don't share your opinion regarding a particular players contribution to the side is very patronizing to be honest. Then again last weekend it was Ginny that copped it from you because he didn't agree with you on something so why would I expect any better.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 140
HertsGTFC
September 2, 2017, 10:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
I want to give some credit to Crewe . They played a very good game of one touch football -as expected - for twenty minutes whilst Town played hoof ball for this period and had lots of supporters around us shaking their heads. When the penny dropped that they themselves could actually play the game as intended a completely different match occurred. I don't know what triggered this turn about but they have now set themselves a standard to maintain and proved a large chunk of moaners and doom merchants wrong.Those of us who did turn out (there were less than 4k town spectators) were treated to a very good competitive game and hopefully we have turned the corner. Yes there were a few rough edges as would be expected of a newly put together team but the improvement was there for all to see.

Note- Very impressed at the rapid attention to the Crewe man down with credit to the ref for seeing the urgency, unlike some others that have been here.

Yes very prompt action. I may have heard this wrong as I did not see it but listening to JT and RS on the wireless apparently Rose put the ball out to use his inhaler and the ref got Crewe to play it in back to us.

I thought the ref and both linesmen had good games today.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 140
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.