15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
wigworld
September 2, 2017, 6:42pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I don't what to say. Sounded like a 4-4-2 formation? Crazy idea - will never work.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 140
Cloudy
September 2, 2017, 6:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Didn't think much to Crewe and if they are likely to challenge we are certainly in with a shout. Porter for them has been scoring for fun but looked very slow and lethargic. The lad Cooper who destroyed us at Gresty Road last season looked a bit lightweight and a tantrum case!

Town were well worth their win IMO and the much maligned Hooper and Clarke both did well. Last week I read about the lack of leaders. When the crowd was quiet you could hear Clarke shouting, organising, cajoling.

Rose was very good but again a stupid stupid yellow card. Stay on your feet man!

Vernon led the line extremely well especially after a few weeks out.

Feeling a bit more positive about trips to Mansfield and then Stanley.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 140
golfer
September 2, 2017, 6:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,424
Gold Stars: 115
Couldn't fault anyone today. Hooper my star man .Osbourne added the missing ingredient at the back Collins is going to have a job to get back in-even our friend Berrett had a good game especially first half. T oday they made Crewe look a very ordinary team  indeed. This is the first time I've complemented them---well done lads and also to Slade for changing  the tactics
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 140
hheh2
September 2, 2017, 6:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Katie Osborne had a good game then, centre back starter?

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 140
ginnywings
September 2, 2017, 6:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad
Some really interesting comments on here tonight. It would be good to hear from some of those who were very worried in the build up as to whether the performance suggests the team is heading in the right direction.

I was never unduly worried as it was only four games into the season and the team is still developing. We had two full debuts today and one as a sub, so the team is still taking shape. Obviously, it gets a bit twitchy when you lose three straight but Crewe looked no great shakes despite being unbeaten and at the top end of the league. There were many predicting a battering by Derby that didn't happen and again, most were predicting a defeat today, which again didn't happen. It's the way footy fans are though isn't it? Lose three and we are heading for relegation. Win three and we are heading for promotion. I think we have enough decent experienced players to be comfortable and an equally experienced manager. Whether we have enough to threaten the top 7 will remain to be seen.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 140
headingly_mariner
September 2, 2017, 7:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Much improved today and quite an enjoyable game. Good performances all over the pitch. Standouts were Hooper and the two centre halves. Thought Rose and Berrett complimented each other nicely. Dembele was a threat every time he got the ball.

On seeing Hooper play in the last two league games I think a few people on here have made twits of themselves. He looks decent, runs the channels well and has some quality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 140
newarkmariner
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
well that was a nicer, calmer drive back to Newark ,i thought we were superb today ,every player worked hard and the 442 was exactly what was needed, back 4 were superb and I think Collins will struggle to get back in the side ,was worried about the midfield before the game but they did very well especially Rose who was everywhere .up front we looked a real threat , Vernon was superb as was JJ,Dembele had there left back on a plate all afternoon but took some harsh treatment for his trouble(hed best get used to it).Woolford looked a bit rusty at first but you can tell hes a good footballer and got better as the game went on,DJ and Matt did well when they came on causing havoc with their pace,only criticism and its only a small one is that they need to pull the trigger sometimes rather than look for another player.Feeling a lot better about the season ,roll on Mansfield UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 140
Garth

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
We were stronger and more physical than them Vernon being the difference, I did not think Crewe were up to much and looked like a team that started the season well but will fade, on the other hand we looked today like a team that is starting  a winning run
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 140
MuddyWaters
September 2, 2017, 7:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
I'm quite happy to admit that I wasn't impressed by Hooper till today - might I also suggest that one or two should eat a bit of humble pie regarding James Berrett who was very good today, particularly in the first half. It was clear that Vernon and Hooper created more opportunities for passes by better movement. Also think that Paul Dixon is bedding in nicely and I'm sure Woolford will with more game time.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 140
The Yard Dog
September 2, 2017, 7:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from barralad

One of the stewards said after the game that their lad went straight to hospital, regaining full consciousness in the ambulance. It did look very bad. Their physio was on almost before the ref. had stopped blowing his whistle.

He did not go straight to hospital, ambulance crew would not leave until he was stabilize, which was about a further 15 minutes.

Hope the lad has a speedy recovery.

Nice to see the Crewe fans join in with the minute applause.

Good performance all around.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 140
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.