This thread currently has 22,028 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
oldun
September 2, 2017, 6:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Agree with previous comments. Rose is an important player for us. The work he does to stop attacks is immense. Plus today he had more options up front and out wide and played some good passes . Good debut from Woolford, given he has not played much for a couple years. Did a good interview after the match. Clearly has much to offer and is likely to get a few goals when he is up to speed and settles in. I can see him and Dixon making a good partnership on the left. Also and excellent debut by Osbourne almost faultless display and my MOM. Dembele again did well with some trickery and is definately more of a threat out wide. Having Vernon up front was a good outlet and brought the best out of Hooper who was everywhere today. After all the criticism well done JJ you have raised the bar.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 140
oldun
September 2, 2017, 6:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Hope their player is ok. It looked serious at the time but the officials and medics responded well. Their physio was giving him mouth to mouth until the oxygen arrived.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 140
mariner tommy
September 2, 2017, 6:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
What a difference to last Saturday, thoroughly deserved win against a side unbeaten until today.
We made them look ordinary with our pace and workrate.
The back four played as a unit with Clarke and Osborne missing nothing, and the latter has surely done enough to keep his place next game. Berrett and Woolford didn't make any mistakes of note and Rose and Dembele were at times, almost unplayable.
Up front Vernon and Hooper were onto everything and looked dangerous.
Even the three subs were straight at it when then came on, especially Jaiyesimi and Matt who both look to be full of pace.
My MOM would be Rose I think followed closely by Macca who had one of his best games for a long while.
One other thing of note, I thought that's the best refereeing performance we've seen for a long time.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 140
mimma
September 2, 2017, 6:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
One little thing for me is the way we sat back in the last ten minutes inviting pressure when we didn't need to. We jjust retreated to our own box.

Other than that we played well with two upfront.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 140
barralad
September 2, 2017, 6:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from oldun
Hope their player is ok. It looked serious at the time but the officials and medics responded well. Their physio was giving him mouth to mouth until the oxygen arrived.

One of the stewards said after the game that their lad went straight to hospital, regaining full consciousness in the ambulance. It did look very bad. Their physio was on almost before the ref. had stopped blowing his whistle.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 140
LH
September 2, 2017, 6:30pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,492
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from oldun

Mouth to mouth without chest compressions? He was more likely talking into his ear as you keep your sense of hearing longest when unconcious.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 140
mariner91
September 2, 2017, 6:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,592
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from mimma
One little thing for me is the way we sat back in the last ten minutes inviting pressure when we didn't need to. We jjust retreated to our own box.

Other than that we played well with two upfront.

I think that's a natural thing to happen when you've been on a bad run of form. If you're only up by one goal, you probably don't have the confidence to go looking for a second goal and would rather sit on what you have. If we can get a bit of form and confidence then hopefully that will improve.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 140
barralad
September 2, 2017, 6:32pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Some really interesting comments on here tonight. It would be good to hear from some of those who were very worried in the build up as to whether the performance suggests the team is heading in the right direction.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 140
AndyGTFC
September 2, 2017, 6:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Deserved the win as Crewe were poor. First goal is vital at this level and we were well worth the lead and then were well organised defensively with Osbourne being the standout while still threatening on the break.

Hooper and Vernon are much better in a two as well, best to judge them like that than up front on their own with nobody near them, especially when they're not out and out goalscorers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 140
promotion plaice
September 2, 2017, 6:40pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,032
Gold Stars: 196

I can finally take a peek at the league table now  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 140
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.