1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Superdan147
September 1, 2017, 2:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Just seen that andrew crofts has mutually terminated his contract at charlton and expected to sign for scunthorpe. Can't help but think that he would of been an absolutely brilliant signing for us. A very good all round central midfielder who played 54 times last season and has had a very good career (Brighton, Norwich) + 28 wales caps. He played under sladey at Brighton and was signed by him for charlton last year. Just a shame we have summerfield, berrett, macallister taking a wage otherwise it may of been possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Cloudy
September 1, 2017, 2:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Erm, last time i looked Charlton and Scunny are a league above us and are paying seriously more money than we could afford.

Not remotely realistic IMHO
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
Superdan147
September 1, 2017, 2:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
My point was that if we favoured quality over quantity and the fact that crofts has played under slade we may have a slight chance. if we wasn't paying summerfield, berrett and macalister that would probably cover crofts wages I'd imagine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Mariner_09
September 1, 2017, 2:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I think Suarez, Van Djik and Kante would be great signings as well, doesn't mean we should have tried to sign them!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
Mariner_09
September 1, 2017, 2:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Look if we'd have signed Andrew, Revell, Walker, Maynard, Crofts etc, etc we'd have been a much better side but there isn't a cat in hells chance that we could convince them to sign for us on much lower wages, in the most inaccessible location in the world and in league 2. We need to stop worrying about people who are frankly cloud cuckoo land and get behind who we have, who when all fit, might be very good.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
MuddyWaters
September 1, 2017, 2:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Superdan147
My point was that if we favoured quality over quantity and the fact that crofts has played under slade we may have a slight chance. if we wasn't paying summerfield, berrett and macalister that would probably cover crofts wages I'd imagine

Perhaps you could have phoned RS & JF yesterday with the 16 digit number of your debit card and paid their contracts up to free up funds.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Andrew crofts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.