golfer
September 1, 2017, 7:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from barrattstandman
Pretty disgraceful not one comment to welcome him to the club. He'll wonder what sort of fans this club has got contrary to reports.

. If we rotate the squad he will get a game early November and then again in March-but to get game time we could loan him out to Barrow for a year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 54
toontown
September 1, 2017, 8:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,269
Gold Stars: 70
I'm glad he's signed, welcome Martyn, but understand and agree with the comments regarding squad size. I don't agree with the stuff about fenty trying to budget on the cheap, the size of the squad would suggest the budget is at least reasonable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 54
golfer
September 1, 2017, 9:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Can't blame Fenty for crap signings-that's down to the 2 managers, but the 2 managers are down to him whatever happens.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 54
lew chaterleys lover
September 1, 2017, 9:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

He was totally ridiculed for it and now the squad is even bigger

That is obviously because no clubs have come in for the players we want rid of!  Slade is stuck with them unless someone else wants them on loan isn't he?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 54
lew chaterleys lover
September 1, 2017, 9:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from toontown
I'm glad he's signed, welcome Martyn, but understand and agree with the comments regarding squad size. I don't agree with the stuff about fenty trying to budget on the cheap, the size of the squad would suggest the budget is at least reasonable.

No, it just means that we have got 2 players for the price of one which will thrill fenty, but now means the club is overloaded with players that nobody else wants.

Even after all this time the non chairman still doesn't appear to see the obvious truth - the better players demand more money but are worth it because then success is easier to come by.  
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 54
Mariner_09
September 1, 2017, 9:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55

That is obviously because no clubs have come in for the players we want rid of!  Slade is stuck with them unless someone else wants them on loan isn't he?

Hang on a second. The players I'd want rid of are mainly Slade's signings. Hooper, Kelly and possibly Cardwell and definitely one more winger depending on how Woolford does, I will decide who needs to go because we are overloaded in that area. I'm sure 3 + Wright would have been sufficient

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 54
TheGoalKipper
September 1, 2017, 9:56am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Well his goals 2013 - 2015 on you tube were pretty impressive and some fans who know him talk highly of him so he must be better than what we've got. Thats the most important thing to me.I don't want us relegated. if we have more too many wingers then its down to the club to get some who arent up to scratch out on loan. Getting the best players we can is whats important to me.

I think getting players in that you want is a lot more difficult a job than a lot of fans think especially when in competition with other clubs locations and higher salaries etc.

Sure has a lot of games under his belt.

Another 6ft player who is good in the air for set pieces which will help.

Welcome from me Martyn

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 54
gtfc98
September 1, 2017, 10:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
McKeown
Killip
Mills
Davies
Osborne
Dixon
Clarke
Collins
Dembele
DJ
Bolarinwa
Woolford
Kelly
Rose
McAllister
Clements
Berrett
Summerfield
Jones
Osborne
Vernon
Matt
Asante
Hooper
Cardwell

Youth Players
Keeble
Sawyer
Rose
Clifton

What's all the fuss about regarding squad size? Core group of players (excluding youth players) is 25, 3 of those are long term absentees. Guarantee that the same people moaning that the squad is too big will be saying we look thin on the ground if we pick up some more injuries.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 54
Cloudy
September 1, 2017, 10:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from gtfc98
McKeown
Killip
Mills
Davies
Osborne
Dixon
Clarke
Collins
Dembele
DJ
Bolarinwa
Woolford
Kelly
Rose
McAllister
Clements
Berrett
Summerfield
Jones
Osborne
Vernon
Matt
Asante
Hooper
Cardwell

Youth Players
Keeble
Sawyer
Rose
Clifton

What's all the fuss about regarding squad size? Core group of players (excluding youth players) is 25, 3 of those are long term absentees. Guarantee that the same people moaning that the squad is too big will be saying we look thin on the ground if we pick up some more injuries.

Thank god for a little sanity
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 54
Bigdog
September 1, 2017, 10:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from gtfc98
McKeown
Killip
Mills
Davies
Osborne
Dixon
Clarke
Collins
Dembele
DJ
Bolarinwa
Woolford
Kelly
Rose
McAllister
Clements
Berrett
Summerfield
Jones
Osborne
Vernon
Matt
Asante
Hooper
Cardwell

Youth Players
Keeble
Sawyer
Rose
Clifton

You're not wrong.

So.. leaving 22 fit senior players, you would think that there would be two players for every position if it was a balanced squad.

Defensively we've only got six players for four positions and three of them are older than or around thirty five. Even the three out injured aren't defenders, so there's no excuse there either and when fit leaves us more unbalanced than ever.

Just don't know what RS is thinking when it comes to the balance of squad never mind the profile or quality of some of the signings.

And all this come for a trial business seems desperate. You'd have thought RS would have had clearly defined targets in mind rather than not knowing and seeing how good they are on the training ground, especially as he can only test them against the players we have already got and in the countless soft friendlies we had, rather than in match situations against better calibre opponents.

I'm even more disillusioned than ever with things at the club but still hope this nasty gut feeling I've got is completely wrong..

My gut feeling is anywhere between 18th and 24th, quite a few home gates of less than 4k during the season and a drop off of around 20-25% in away support

This was supposed to be a progressive season and I just can't see it happening. Time can only tell if I'm right or not..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Woolford signs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.