August 31, 2017, 6:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Davec
Bignot appointed as back room staff to help interim manager Micky Moore

I imagine in the forseeable future Marcus Bignot will be appointed manager with Micky Moore back as assistant.

Old boys network or what?

Don't wish him any ill but I would put a gagging order on him for starters.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 96
lukeo
August 31, 2017, 7:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,363
Gold Stars: 143
I liked him from what he did prior to Grimsby and from the game I saw with him manager I loved it. I loved his interviews... But then listening and reading on here he sounded like he had no game plan and things weren't going so well behind closed doors. A shame because I think he has the right attributes to become a good league manager if given time. But for me before Slade came I'd have chosen Slade over Hurst and Bignot.. But right now, I don't know. Dare I say Hurst   even though I was one for wanting him to move on, but obviously didn't express my feelings socially.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 96
LH
August 31, 2017, 7:13pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,456
Gold Stars: 172
I would say he didn't walk the walk after talking the talk but if he walks anything like he talks it'd take him ages to walk anywhere.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 96
chaos33
August 31, 2017, 7:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,871
Gold Stars: 353
Hahaha what a mess! I actually think Bignot is a bit mad, and we had to get shut before we were in disarray. I don't think anyone at the club had any idea what was supposed to be happening other than the man himself.

He made me smile initially as an antidote to the the dour and stubborn approach of Hurst, who had bored and frustrated me beyond the breaking point, but it soon became evident that he was a mentalist.

Good luck to him though.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 96
ginnywings
August 31, 2017, 7:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Wish him well. I thought he had something about him and all would have become clear had he been given the time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 96
Freemoash88
August 31, 2017, 8:21pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
I actually liked the guys passion but that's coming from 5 or 6 years under Hurst. I just think he got abit carried away with himself managing a club like Grimsby, bigger budget, full time, football league and all that. I just think he tried to change too much too quick and it backfired on him within the dressing room so I got told...

But then Fenty heard Slade would be interested and jumped at the chance.

The rest is history.

I wish the bloke all the best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 96
fatharry
August 31, 2017, 8:39pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +162
Gold Stars: 3
Hi, Rich Mariner,I was the Solihull fan who went on your local radio when Marcus was sacked.As you said he did the same at solihull towards the end of the season before the season we won the league..Being honest he had me pulling my hair out getting rid of players that  I thought were decent, playing people out of position,and making decisions that didn't seem to make sense, I often thought he had lost the plot, but what he was doing was testing everybody out,seeing if they could play in different positions,seeing how they responded to the changes,
He then put together a side that took the league by storm and even watching them warming up in pre-season you could see the determination to win was there.Once we were up and running and doing well he calmed down and managed the team brilliantly and you could feel the momentum building as the season progressed it was so much better than watching Birmingham City and was the best season that I have ever experienced in football .I was gutted when he left but felt he would do a good job at Grimsby, and get snapped up by a club further up the football league. The point I was trying to make on the radio was that John Fenty should have looked not just at what he achieved  but the way he did it, and should have given him the opportunity to build his side and at least give him 10 games of the new season,or what was the point in appointing him. If he had been brave enough to do this I honestly believe you would all be seeing the benefits now.Where he was established and safe at solihull he could do what he wanted and got the backing of the board,but to assume he could do the same at a new bigger club was perhaps his downfall he needed to go about his business in a calmer way and not like a" bull in a china shop".Hopefully he will learn from this and go on to be a successful manager at a decent level,which I believe he is capable of doing.I often look at the fishy forum obviously to follow  Omar,Jamie,Akwasi, and Marcus.Like Solihull I hope things turn around for you this season as your amazing supporters deserve it,and reading all your comments on here know what it means to you all.All the best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 96
Swansea_Mariner
August 31, 2017, 8:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
My favourite bit of his tenure was the fans forum when he had that mini spat with Fenty about the conditioning coach.  

Thing is Slade got what he wanted straight away makes you wonder why he didn't just stump up for one when Hurst asked in the first place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 96
HertsGTFC
August 31, 2017, 8:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from fatharry
Hi, Rich Mariner,I was the Solihull fan who went on your local radio when Marcus was sacked.As you said he did the same at solihull towards the end of the season before the season we won the league..Being honest he had me pulling my hair out getting rid of players that  I thought were decent, playing people out of position,and making decisions that didn't seem to make sense, I often thought he had lost the plot, but what he was doing was testing everybody out,seeing if they could play in different positions,seeing how they responded to the changes,
He then put together a side that took the league by storm and even watching them warming up in pre-season you could see the determination to win was there.Once we were up and running and doing well he calmed down and managed the team brilliantly and you could feel the momentum building as the season progressed it was so much better than watching Birmingham City and was the best season that I have ever experienced in football .I was gutted when he left but felt he would do a good job at Grimsby, and get snapped up by a club further up the football league. The point I was trying to make on the radio was that John Fenty should have looked not just at what he achieved  but the way he did it, and should have given him the opportunity to build his side and at least give him 10 games of the new season,or what was the point in appointing him. If he had been brave enough to do this I honestly believe you would all be seeing the benefits now.Where he was established and safe at solihull he could do what he wanted and got the backing of the board,but to assume he could do the same at a new bigger club was perhaps his downfall he needed to go about his business in a calmer way and not like a" bull in a china shop".Hopefully he will learn from this and go on to be a successful manager at a decent level,which I believe he is capable of doing.I often look at the fishy forum obviously to follow  Omar,Jamie,Akwasi, and Marcus.Like Solihull I hope things turn around for you this season as your amazing supporters deserve it,and reading all your comments on here know what it means to you all.All the best.

Good well considered post.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 96
Jaws
August 31, 2017, 9:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Difficult to tell whether Bignot would have worked out. He didn't even get a pre-season so I thought it was premature given we were never in any danger of going down and have started this season worse off but then again the reasons for sacking have never been revealed.

Odd how he is assistant at Barrow. Either something underhand going on or they didn't think he did a good job here either.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcus Bignot

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.