5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
September 17, 2017, 2:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Whatever anyone thinks of the chubby lad you've got to look at it from his point of view. Saddam and Gadaffi didn't have nukes and got toppled. Assad hasn't and but for the Russians and Iranians jumping in, probably would have gone by now. So he's going to keep those weapons unless he's 100% sure the Chinese will retaliate on his behalf if attacked.

Why would he want to launch a first strike unless under imminent threat of attack?

So the solution has got to be around making NK feel secure enough not to do all these risky test-cum warning launches.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
KingstonMariner
September 17, 2017, 2:10pm
Meths Drinker
PS and I can't see Russia or China itching to relieve the West of this embarrassment. Anything that undermines confidence in the US and its 'vassals' is helpful to them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
grimsby pete
September 17, 2017, 3:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
The problem with Trump is he started with very threating talk followed by a lot less aggro,= in his comments

So Kim ( we are on 1st name terms )   knows the USA will not being doing anything,

Korea will finish doing their tests and become a nuclear power in the world.

He is not daft enough to do a 1st strike because he knows that would be the end of him.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
Mariner93er
September 19, 2017, 11:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
North Korea has no intention of attacking the US or it's allies first. It's agenda is to survive, and you can call Kim stupid, but he's playing a clever game, as there's no way the US can attack first. China already has a nouse of American military bases around it, and won't allow the buffer of North Korea to dissapear. Therefore, america either starts wwIII or does nothing and allows north korea to further build up it's arsenal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
chaos33
September 20, 2017, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Massively complex situation so long discussions and answers abound really, but two brief notions that could be deployed...

America reduces it's military presence in the area and ceases it's  'war games' in conjunction with South Korea Off the NK coast.

Secondly, China, who surely hold the key, can implement, or at least, say they will consider severely limiting NK's import of fuel and other vital resources unless Kim agrees to cease missile launches and aggressive war mongering statements.

This needs to be diffused....

If America strikes first they will be the scourge of the world, and if NK strike first they will be utterly wiped off the map.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
Mariner93er
September 21, 2017, 11:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
If I were in Chinese shoes, there's no way I'd anyway help America.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
Grim74
March 9, 2018, 9:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Just revisited this thread again after the breaking news and it was a time some of us could see a nuclear war on the horizon, but Maringer summed up Kim Wong-un perfectly as a sabre rattler and Fortunately Trump understood this!

So after years of appeasement from previous presidents which achieved absolutely nothing the free world now has a leader who will stand up to this kind of tyrant, so my question is now... how many times does Trump have to be proved right before the establishment stop calling him nuts?

Even CNN is admitting (with gritted teeth) that if Trump solves this crisis it would make his presidency GREAT!
It has been an absolute pleasure watching their headlines this morning even if it did lead with bizarrely - 'Trumps inexcusable condolence to steel worker' 🙄..... the far left must be in tears today.

Now I take on board that there may be a slim chance of some some kind of ploy by the Wong-un but even so getting to this stage where both leaders have agreed to meet (not to mention talk of the dismantling of their nuclear arms) and and discuss peace is absolutely massive!! no sitting president as ever visited the NK leader (source CNN).

Just imagine if Trumps pulls this off he's going to be a shoo-in to win the Nobel peace prize ✌️

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
Maringer
March 9, 2018, 2:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
My main concern is that Trump watched 'The Interview', thought it was a documentary and plans to attempt to assassinate Kim himself.  

When you consider all the stupid things Trump has done already, he might actually have somehow blundered into getting something right, completely by chance! Even a broken clock shows the right time twice a day.

Hope so, for the sake of all the Koreans, though I'm not holding my breath...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
horsforthmariner
March 9, 2018, 2:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,575
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Grim74
Just revisited this thread again after the breaking news and it was a time some of us could see a nuclear war on the horizon, but Maringer summed up Kim Wong-un perfectly as a sabre rattler and Fortunately Trump understood this!

So after years of appeasement from previous presidents which achieved absolutely nothing the free world now has a leader who will stand up to this kind of tyrant, so my question is now... how many times does Trump have to be proved right before the establishment stop calling him nuts?

Even CNN is admitting (with gritted teeth) that if Trump solves this crisis it would make his presidency GREAT!
It has been an absolute pleasure watching their headlines this morning even if it did lead with bizarrely - 'Trumps inexcusable condolence to steel worker' 🙄..... the far left must be in tears today.

Now I take on board that there may be a slim chance of some some kind of ploy by the Wong-un but even so getting to this stage where both leaders have agreed to meet (not to mention talk of the dismantling of their nuclear arms) and and discuss peace is absolutely massive!! no sitting president as ever visited the NK leader (source CNN).

Just imagine if Trumps pulls this off he's going to be a shoo-in to win the Nobel peace prize ✌️

Well this is garbage - all Trump has done is hand the murderous North Korean dictator a massive propaganda coup and he got nothing in return.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
KingstonMariner
March 9, 2018, 3:26pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Grim74
the far left must be in tears today.

I'd have thought not given that North Korea and their main ally are run by Communists.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › North Korea

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.