lew chaterleys lover
August 30, 2017, 12:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from TheGoalKipper
Did we try to play football last night or are we still hoofing it forward at every opportunity?

We tried and succeeded in playing football.

Summerfield, Jones, Kelly, Davies and Mills all played well. As did Osborne.

I wasn't impressed with the keeper, Cardwell or Hooper when he came on.

Clifton had a decent game, but I imagine it might be a while before we see him play a league game.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 67
gtfc98
August 30, 2017, 12:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
No Clements in the squad again. Is he injured? Thought he might have got some game time last night.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 67
Posh Harry
August 30, 2017, 1:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Caveman
A smaller crowd at Stevenage.

Anybody know how many bra's there were ?

Not sure how many bra's but I bet there were several mammaries (mainly in florescent bibs)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 67
arryarryarry
August 30, 2017, 2:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113

We tried and succeeded in playing football.

Summerfield, Jones, Kelly, Davies and Mills all played well. As did Osborne.

I wasn't impressed with the keeper, Cardwell or Hooper when he came on.

Clifton had a decent game, but I imagine it might be a while before we see him play a league game.

Didn't think the keeper had that much to do, he had no chance with the goal that looked as if it was deflected off Collins' back.

Agree about Hooper but I thought Cardwell did OK, chased down their defenders, played some good balls off and scored.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 67
lew chaterleys lover
August 30, 2017, 4:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Didn't think the keeper had that much to do, he had no chance with the goal that looked as if it was deflected off Collins' back.

Agree about Hooper but I thought Cardwell did OK, chased down their defenders, played some good balls off and scored.

Yes he had very little to do, but his kicking was poor, he is small in stature, got into a bit of a muddle in the box when he came too far out, and I generally like my keepers to be tall and commanding - just my preference.

Cardwell is going to back up at best though, surely?  That's fair enough as we can't play all the strikers.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 67
jamesgtfc
August 30, 2017, 7:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187

Yes he had very little to do, but his kicking was poor, he is small in stature, got into a bit of a muddle in the box when he came too far out, and I generally like my keepers to be tall and commanding - just my preference.

Cardwell is going to back up at best though, surely?  That's fair enough as we can't play all the strikers.

He looks small for a keeper but he had little to do. He turned his man after a bad back pass and what he had to do, he did well. I don't think you can accuse him of had distribution when his kicking was excellent and he almost set up Cardwell from a drop kick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 67
lew chaterleys lover
August 30, 2017, 7:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

He looks small for a keeper but he had little to do. He turned his man after a bad back pass and what he had to do, he did well. I don't think you can accuse him of had distribution when his kicking was excellent and he almost set up Cardwell from a drop kick.

Yes but I am not sure we want keepers doing Cruyff turns in the box.  Slade threw his arms up in frustration as he kicked it into touch late on when under no pressure and a lot of his kicking was similar. I do agree about the drop kick.

To be honest I was hoping for a new established number one keeper with Macca as back up, but that isn't the fault of Killip and if he ever does oust Macca he will get my full support at the game as normal.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 67
arryarryarry
August 30, 2017, 10:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113

Yes but I am not sure we want keepers doing Cruyff turns in the box.  Slade threw his arms up in frustration as he kicked it into touch late on when under no pressure and a lot of his kicking was similar. I do agree about the drop kick.

To be honest I was hoping for a new established number one keeper with Macca as back up, but that isn't the fault of Killip and if he ever does oust Macca he will get my full support at the game as normal.

I agree about the turn in the box

I didn't think his kicking was that bad, mainly down the middle rather than Macca style into the Main or Youngs stands.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread....Blundell Park

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.