2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Davec
August 27, 2017, 7:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
When Slade was appointed along with Wilkinson as assistant many people were saying how a fantastic appointment Wilkinson was as the assistant manager, Wilkinson rates Kelly very highly and Wilkinson will do anything possible to make Slade play him as often as possible, remember Wilkinson said in the telegraph that Kelly will take us to the next level, I think he meant upwards though and not down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
Mendonca1995
August 27, 2017, 8:55am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Think it's all a bit harsh singling out players at this stage of the season it's ridiculous really,for me I think it's more to do with formations at the moment nobody seems to know exactly what there doing or where they're meant to be playing and this playing 1 up front is no good no anyone Especially not at home S jones dembele Kelly are being shifted around all the time out of their positions and it's clearly not working,for me we are missing the spine of a team capable of getting to the the playoffs starting from a keeper,playmaker cm and a goalscorer that for me is what's lacking as currently what we have is not capable of achieving that playoff position, we showed fight with ten men to get back into the game y-day which says there is something there but it was against in my opinion an average team barring 2 players the red card situation is just embarrassing sort it out RUSS/WILKO as it's simply not good enough onto next week UTM

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
mariner91
August 27, 2017, 9:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,577
Gold Stars: 260
I don't think it's unfair to say that Kelly has shown nothing in the four games he's played. He was subbed at half time in two and was the worst player in the only game where we played well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
golfer
August 27, 2017, 12:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I'm not normally one for slating  individual players and will support anyone playing in the black and white shirt... but Sam Kelly.... deary me!!!

I just don't understand what he brings to the team. He's not strong, he's not quick, he can't pass, or cross, or shoot, he dithers on the ball until he loses it, he's not got a good enough first touch, he's not particularly skilful, he's not vocal, he's not a leader, he hasn't got a great deal of heart or fight, he isn't aggressive! Please somebody explain what he offers.

We looked much better after HT when DJ came on. That's twice he's been brought off at HT now... What is Slade seeing that we aren't?

I might be totally wrong here but IMO Sam isn't good enough for a starting place...or squad place for that matter give be Harry Clifton over Sam Kelly any day of the week! I don't tend to pay any attention to fans of players' previous clubs but seems Port Vale fans were dead on in they're assessment of SK!

Other than that what's wrong with him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sam Kelly

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.