HertsGTFC
August 27, 2017, 1:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Superdan147
1/ Osborne HAS to play, and thank goodness that next Saturday he surely will. He looks a real physical presence with a bit of pace and hopefully can be an improvement

2/ DJ surely HAS to play in place of Kelly now, Kelly has done sodall and DJ has at least looked half decent in his cameo roles.

3/we need to stop with the pissing hoofball. We don't have the players to play it BUT we do look better when we get it down ffs.

4/ when the hell js Clifton going to get a chance ffs.also give max Wright 5/6 more games on loan and if he's doing well get him back and give him a bloody chance instead of Dixon!

5/we NEED our injured players back fast! In particular Clements and Asante who would surely improve us

6/ we are crying out for an attacking midfielder who is good on the ball, has a creative spark and end product and could chip in with a few goals. This will split opinion and doubt it would happen anyway BUT a player I always liked and thought would be ideal in the 10 role is Dominic vose. He would be ideal with dembele and DJ out wide. Would at least be a good players to have until Jamey Osborne is back and sam jones firing again

I am not sure Harry Clifton would be the difference but agree he deserves some game time as soon as he is truly fit. Don't hold your breath re Osborne and Asante as it will be ages before they come back. It will be interesting to see if Slade is brave enough to play Vernon and Hooper up front together as one can hold it up and the other is looks better when he receives the ball on the deck.

Apart from a decent striker and possibly another CB we have a reasonable squad when they are all fit I am just not convinced we have a manager that can get them to gel.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 74
sam gy
August 27, 2017, 2:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,386
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Superdan147
1/ Osborne HAS to play, and thank goodness that next Saturday he surely will. He looks a real physical presence with a bit of pace and hopefully can be an improvement

2/ DJ surely HAS to play in place of Kelly now, Kelly has done sodall and DJ has at least looked half decent in his cameo roles.

3/we need to stop with the pissing hoofball. We don't have the players to play it BUT we do look better when we get it down ffs.

4/ when the hell js Clifton going to get a chance ffs.also give max Wright 5/6 more games on loan and if he's doing well get him back and give him a bloody chance instead of Dixon!

5/we NEED our injured players back fast! In particular Clements and Asante who would surely improve us

6/ we are crying out for an attacking midfielder who is good on the ball, has a creative spark and end product and could chip in with a few goals. This will split opinion and doubt it would happen anyway BUT a player I always liked and thought would be ideal in the 10 role is Dominic vose. He would be ideal with dembele and DJ out wide. Would at least be a good players to have until Jamey Osborne is back and sam jones firing again

Max Wright is a winger and right footed I believe. Clifton is only just coming back from injury after missing all of pre season.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 74
Garth
August 27, 2017, 2:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Davec

Hemail said Almond, Louis Almond plays for York.

Predictive text, pretty obvious who I mean
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 74
Mariner_09
August 27, 2017, 2:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
I'd pick this side next week

McKeown

Mills
K Osborne
Clarke
Dixon

Dembele
Rose
Clements
DJ

Hooper
Vernon

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 74
MuddyWaters
August 27, 2017, 2:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Mariner_09

McKeown

Mills
K Osborne
Clarke
Dixon

Dembele
Rose
Clements
DJ

Hooper
Vernon

There is absolutely zero chance of a 4-4-2
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 74
Swansea_Mariner
August 27, 2017, 3:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Do  Jones and Collins bans include the checkatrade games?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 74
Bigdog
August 27, 2017, 3:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Mariner_09

McKeown

Mills
K Osborne
Clarke
Dixon

Dembele
Rose
Clements
DJ

Hooper
Vernon

TBF 09, that's not too far away from the best eleven we've got available. The sad thing is that three or four fill me with dread that they're our players never mind being anywhere near our preferred starting line-up..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 74
TheGoalKipper
August 27, 2017, 3:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from Mariner_09

McKeown

Mills
K Osborne
Clarke
Dixon

Dembele
Rose
Clements
DJ

Hooper
Vernon

There is some football in there but if Slade doesnt let them play on the ground they wont see it. Who will get the goals? DJ and Dembele might if the get forward,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 74
jonnyboy82
August 27, 2017, 8:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from TheGoalKipper

There is some football in there but if Slade doesnt let them play on the ground they wont see it. Who will get the goals? DJ and Dembele might if the get forward,

Slade not starting with that then.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 74
chaos33
August 27, 2017, 8:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
We haven't got the players or the tactics. We're badly missing an influential centre midfielder and a goalscorer more than anything. Unless we can sign two or three players before Friday we are going to struggle no matter how Slade wants to line them up IMO. It's a substandard squad playing pathetic hoofball with 10 men every week, and we're going to keep on getting beaten until there are changes.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time to break open the piggy bank

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.