2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
August 26, 2017, 7:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,095
Gold Stars: 31
Just thought I would start this thread as he's bound to be on soon shouting about how their going to walk the league in front of 20k every week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
denni266
August 26, 2017, 8:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +695
Gold Stars: 132
lets face it . compared to us they are miles better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
towncryer
August 26, 2017, 8:11pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -570
I'm not going to come on here crowing about anything mate, I have spent too many seasons going to matches in recent times thinking why do I bother but I did it cos your club is in your blood. A lot of very negative comments on here about Town Fenty and Slade tonight  and I don't watch you so I can't comment on performances but I think it's stI'll important to remember we are only 4 games in with 42 still to play and there will be many twists and turns before the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Mrs Doyle
August 26, 2017, 11:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
By the time we play Lincoln if we have not had a win Slade could be a make or break game. Yeah I realize this side is a virtual rebuild from scratch side but at this stage on the evidence so far against teams we seem to be miles behind.

After a decent pre season I did not think I would be thinking we could be in for a relegation battle at this early stage but the nature of performance as lead to desperation tactics resulting in our unacceptable disciplinary record.

From looking forward to a above mid table play off season I am now thinking a mid table finish position would be an major achievement with this outfit.

Rather than going forwards we seem to have gone backwards with some very uninspiring signings only adding to the problem not sure Slade can get this side to compete lets alone become a threat.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
gary_elton
August 27, 2017, 9:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
And there's me thinking how well off we're doing and you go and mention him... and just like a bad penny up he pops... you've done it now....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
RoboCod
August 27, 2017, 10:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
The Lincoln game is perfectly timed,a good solid couple of months for the team to have 'gelled'
It's just about entering October so winter is on the way so points need to be racked up before the 'Xmas review' to see how were doing and whether the new-look demanding, ruthless GTFC board will show Slade the door for lack of performances/points, a precedent they set down with Bignot.
Plus, we're at home so we'll see if we have any Hurst-like excuses for the players who feel a little frightened by large, loud crowds ( crying ).
It's also a chance to see which ot the two rival teams are most 'up for it', a derby game being the sort of game that can be won by the technically inferior team because they seize the moment and want to indulge in a spot of badge-kissing/earn a contract extension, while the other team seemingly have no sense of grudge, derby-passion, no sense of responsibility to the paying fans.

Hopefully Osborne will be settled in defence and ready for the tiresome battle against fatty Rheade, surely an inevitable red-card outcome otherwise.And if a Lincoln game at home fails to put a rocket up Hooper then we can just beg Yussuf to come back.
Not very hopeful you'll gather, so I'll set that game down as the marker for the Slade regime and see either Town in the top 10 and playing solidly or Slade gone.
Excuses all used up, I'm not sleep-walking into the Conference again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
Swansea_Mariner
August 27, 2017, 10:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Conceivably it might not even get as far as the Lincoln game, we'll likely lose to Doncaster in the cup and have a tough away trip to Mansfield coming up, so the Crewe game is key. Lose those and we could be staring 7 loses on the bounce. That might be enough to push JF to hit the big red eject button.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
towncryer
August 27, 2017, 8:00pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -570
Quoted from gary_elton
And there's me thinking how well off we're doing and you go and mention him... and just like a bad penny up he pops... you've done it now....

Yes but did say Gary when all of you were going on about our 'plastic' fans that you hadn't had a real test on the loyalty of your support for around 6 seasons as you had had a relatively good period of always being there or there abouts in the National  League until you actually did get out which kept your support fairly high. I said it would be a test for you, crowd wise as soon you hit a bad spell and yesterday you had less than 4000 there of your own fans. ! Now that number is still good in this league but you really don't want to be losing many more fans so early in the season. After all you wouldn't want us taking your ground over at the end of September would you ๐Ÿ˜‰ although going on the Coventry game you'll only give us a 1000 tickets anyway.
And btw we sold out  all our home tickets yesterday but we had to give Carlisle the Stacy West. Got Luton next week so crowd segregation should be interesting for that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Marinerz93
August 27, 2017, 8:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from towncryer

Yes but did say Gary when all of you were going on about our 'plastic' fans that you hadn't had a real test on the loyalty of your support for around 6 seasons as you had had a relatively good period of always being there or there abouts in the National  League until you actually did get out which kept your support fairly high. I said it would be a test for you, crowd wise as soon you hit a bad spell and yesterday you had less than 4000 there of your own fans. ! Now that number is still good in this league but you really don't want to be losing many more fans so early in the season. After all you wouldn't want us taking your ground over at the end of September would you ๐Ÿ˜‰ although going on the Coventry game you'll only give us a 1000 tickets anyway.
And btw we sold out  all our home tickets yesterday but we had to give Carlisle the Stacy West. Got Luton next week so crowd segregation should be interesting for that.

We didn't just have one bad season like Lincoln we had a decade of it starting with relegation from the Championship followed by several further relegation's 2nd was from League 1 and just surviving league 2 for a couple of seasons because of others points deductions before finally watching one of the worst seasons in living memory where the most gutless players stole a living off us as we dropped into the abyss. Lincoln haven't suffered like we have I'd love to see what would happen to Lincoln should they suffer our pain, my guess is you would go pop.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesusโ€™ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
KingstonMariner
August 27, 2017, 8:18pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Welcome back TC. Participate like that other Imp whose username escapes me and you'll be welcome. But we will still take the urine about those Wycombe ticket sales  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where is Gimp Cryer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.