friskneymariner
August 28, 2017, 10:00pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm not sure I appreciate being described in those terms!

No neither do I but it is the sad fact.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 66
Jaws
August 28, 2017, 10:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Bigdog

I think the problem is far greater and far reaching than yet another potential season of disappointment and soul searching by some of the most loyal and passionate fans in the country.

Let's look at JF's tenure at face value. He's been in charge so he's culpable.

Championship, three relegations to non-league, years in the abyss, a lucky stumble out of non-league even with the backing of OP money and now mind numbing chaos and the threat of our club returning to non league for a second time.

In all that time, what percentage of time have we been excited or entertained properly? We all remained together due to the indignation of our club being non league. Driven on by the embarrassment and hope of one day we could proudly say we're the fan of a league club again. It held us together even though we didn't deserve to go through it all.

The issue at hand is bigger than whether we get three points on Saturday, whether RS is in charge or not, it's so much bigger.

Never has so little cash injection being put into a club to gain someone so much time in charge and call ALL the shots. There are questions to be asked about the future plans for our club. We cannot have one man control our club for half of our lifetimes for £2-3m. It;s not enough for a league club that wants to progress.

I'm sick of how this club is run, I'm sick of the lack of entertainment, I'm sick of how our fans are treated and I'm sick of the feeling of hopelessness.

I'll challenge Getyourfactsright to a one on one thread, all he has to do is name the time, to get to the bottom of everything. If someone else fancies doing it I'll step aside or have a vote to see who participates.

Something has to change or else there's lifelong fans like me who will also be considering just having to walk away and save themselves a lot of pain and grief. We cannot go on as a club season after season the way we are. It's got to stop and stop sometime soon for all our sakes, especially the younger fans who know nothing other than a club run by JF.

Can't disagree with any of that. Also odd how 2 other investors have come and then left under mysterious circumstances never to be aired publicly as again with 2 managers. If the club (Fenty) had done nothing wrong then surely we'd know the full story.?
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 66
sydney
August 28, 2017, 11:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Do you know relegation to the conference sends shivers down my spine
Look at Stockport
York
And looks like Hartlepool this year similar fate
The depth we could fall seemingly endless
Three inept performances in a row and if we follow that with three more it will see us cemented in the bottom two
Too few players on the pitch who have any lengthy history with us and can remember that Town players give a damn
Town players play for the badge and us fans
Let's recreate the highs of Chesterfield 5th Aug sooner rather than later please
RS get you finger
Come on Town!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 66
golfer
August 29, 2017, 8:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
The non-professionalism [for lack of another word] goes back to Newell including disciplinary meetings on stairs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 66
dapperz fun pub
August 29, 2017, 9:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
The club needs fresh leadership cos with the present guy in charge at some point in the near future we will be seeing non league again , having said that I still think Slade will improve things all be it only slightly this season.  Looking forward to getyourfactsright one on one with big dog
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 66
TAGG
August 29, 2017, 10:01am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from friskneymariner
Where does the buck stop,

Fenty

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 66
Zmariner
August 29, 2017, 10:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from londonmariner2
Why should he put more of his own money into the club and then get slagged off? Maybe he doesn't have much more money to spare. I believe he has the clubs best interest at heart and would sell if there was a feasible buyer.

I believe this is he truth as well. I have been a season ticket holder for years , although I do miss a lot i games and a return to non league would not stop my support but 25 years of season tickets would end for sure. Whilst a league team my support is guaranteed. Team needs to find some confidence , 'this one forward business is a killer when the results are rubbish utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 4017

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.