Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Must win game?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 272 Guests

Must win game?

This thread currently has 3,697 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
August 25, 2017, 10:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
Last season we lost 4 of the first 5 games and we could have got to the playoffs if Bignot had not given up so no I dont think loosing tomorrow is a season ending disaster,
I think we have a better squad than last season just lacking a striker and fit midfielders

We're a 30 goal a season striker down on last year's squad.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
Rob_in_Grimsby
August 25, 2017, 11:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I dont disagree but I think we have more chance of getting goals from midfield than last season.

I cant see us getting a 30 goal a season striker now though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
HertsGTFC
August 25, 2017, 11:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227

Which striker scored 30 goals for us last season?

Must win game?absolute cobblers!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
wiggers
August 26, 2017, 12:13am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
Should have kept Yussef, far better than anyone else we have upfront now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
KingstonMariner
August 26, 2017, 12:22am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Which striker scored 30 goals for us last season?

Must win game?absolute cobblers!

Not what I said Herts.

Obviously I'm talking about Bogle. Now I know he didn't get thirty but he was certainly on target for that when he left. I was making the point that the squad is poorer in the striker department as a balance to Rob's comment that the squad is better than it was a year ago.

I didn't say it was a must win game. I assume your 'cobblers' is aimed at someone else?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
HertsGTFC
August 26, 2017, 8:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227

Not what I said Herts.

Obviously I'm talking about Bogle. Now I know he didn't get thirty but he was certainly on target for that when he left. I was making the point that the squad is poorer in the striker department as a balance to Rob's comment that the squad is better than it was a year ago.

I didn't say it was a must win game. I assume your 'cobblers' is aimed at someone else?

Got it.......... I agree with we are massively short and this coupled with no real creativity in mid field is limiting shots on goal, we are struggling at the moment

Yeah the cobblers comment was aimed at the theory rather than any individual KM . This will be a rocky period and I sense we need to bring in a U23 striker from a big side like we did with the lad from Everton last season at the very least as well as get some of the crocks back before anything changes

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
oldun
August 26, 2017, 10:02am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Last season Bogle had scored 19 by January. Jones scored 7 between Janand the end of the season. clements scored 4. This shows how crucial Bogle was for us and one of the reasons we faded in the second half of the season after he left. Put simpy he has not been replaced.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
KingstonMariner
August 26, 2017, 10:57am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Got it.......... I agree with we are massively short and this coupled with no real creativity in mid field is limiting shots on goal, we are struggling at the moment

Yeah the cobblers comment was aimed at the theory rather than any individual KM . This will be a rocky period and I sense we need to bring in a U23 striker from a big side like we did with the lad from Everton last season at the very least as well as get some of the crocks back before anything changes

I think there's an element of the team needing to settle down, as with any squad that's been overhauled so massively as we have in the last 14 months. Added to which are the sendings off and injuries.

The great thing about this division is that you could get promoted if you finish seventh. You will avoid relegation if you finish 22nd. I'm neither complacent nor a happy-clapper, but there's plenty of time yet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
Rob_in_Grimsby
August 26, 2017, 11:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from oldun
Last season Bogle had scored 19 by January. Jones scored 7 between Janand the end of the season. clements scored 4. This shows how crucial Bogle was for us and one of the reasons we faded in the second half of the season after he left. Put simpy he has not been replaced.

Problem is how do you replace a million pound player without spending a million pound
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
TheRealJohnLewis
August 26, 2017, 11:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
By buying potential and building them up to be million pound strikers.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Must win game?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.