1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Numanoid
August 24, 2017, 9:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +152
Gold Stars: 14
Been thinking wether I would sooner we signed young unproven players from non league (bogle,Osborne,Pearson ect)or player's coming down a league or two mmmmmm food for thought eh .what would you do .?
Logged Offline
Private Message
AndyDarloFC
August 24, 2017, 9:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Should it really matter where they come from as long as they did a decent job for your team?

Either could be great or absolutely dog-excrement.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 9
HertsGTFC
August 24, 2017, 9:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
I think Rose might have got a look in apart from the fact he has not got the right paperwork clearance to play in the 1st team???

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
August 24, 2017, 9:42pm
Guest User
Probably a better bet than signing a load of shite released from other excrement clubs who couldn't get a job anywhere else on free transfers.
Reply: 3 - 9
MuddyWaters
August 24, 2017, 9:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Doesn't matter where they come as long as a. they are good enough and b. want to be here.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Mighty_Mariner
August 25, 2017, 9:35am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
For me I would definitely rather sign young, hungry player from non league rather than ones released from L1 etc. We've had a lot of success doing that recently with the likes of Pearson, Bogle, Jones, Osbourne, Tombola to a lesser extent, Mills, hopefully Assante!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
MuddyWaters
August 25, 2017, 9:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
For me I would definitely rather sign young, hungry player from non league rather than ones released from L1 etc. We've had a lot of success doing that recently with the likes of Pearson, Bogle, Jones, Osbourne, Tombola to a lesser extent, Mills, hopefully Assante!

You think Mills has had less impact than Bolarinwa - I know which one has played more & more consistently.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
Garth
August 25, 2017, 9:57am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Doesn't matter where they come as long as a. they are good enough and b. want to be here.

They will want to be here alright if we are daft enough to employ the unemployable and pay them a wage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
Tommy
August 25, 2017, 11:56am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Impossible to answer one way or the other as there's so many variables.

So many good and bad examples of both types of signing.

For every Danny Collins there's a Paul Warhurst.
For every Jamey Osborne there's an Anthony Church.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
Mighty_Mariner
August 25, 2017, 12:31pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You think Mills has had less impact than Bolarinwa - I know which one has played more & more consistently.

I think you've misunderstood mate. I mean Tombola to a lesser extent, and Mills.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What do you prefer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.