1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Kristine
August 24, 2017, 8:22pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Most of you will already be aware from various media platforms but for those that aren't please see the following:

"Grimsby Town FC lost one of its loyal fans on Sunday 13th August. Martin Gilbert, passed away after a very short battle with cancer, having bought his latest season ticket only a few weeks earlier, unaware of what he would shortly be facing. The football club have kindly agreed to a minutes applause on 70 minutes (he turned 70 in May) this Saturday v Wycombe. He started watching the Mariners in the mid 50's and sat in the main stand for most of his later life. He was known to many people at the club and throughout the town and will be missed by everyone who knew him"

The family are asking for Mariners fans to show their respects for another one of the football family taken so suddenly.

#RIP
#UTM

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
The Yard Dog
August 24, 2017, 8:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Unfortunately I am away on holiday, but I will stand about 4:30 and will reflect on another of our family passing away.

My thoughts go out to his family at this difficult time.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Gaffer58
August 24, 2017, 10:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Excellent idea for one of our own. I didn't really want to mention this but in the statement " the club kindly agrees to a minutes aplause" do we have to ask the club for permission to clap and cheer now?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
Rob_in_Grimsby
August 24, 2017, 10:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Gaffer58
Excellent idea for one of our own. I didn't really want to mention this but in the statement " the club kindly agrees to a minutes aplause" do we have to ask the club for permission to clap and cheer now?

I'm sorry but Martin was a friend of mine and I find this post deeply offensive. Wrong time and place for this
We lost a true gent and fellow mariner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
NorthseaMariner
August 25, 2017, 7:38am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
I don't think he meant any offence Rob, but you're right, wrong time wrong place.
I will pay my respects on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Gaffer58
August 25, 2017, 7:43am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Sincerest respects Rob if my lack of time and place has upset you, it was not my intention at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
robborhino
August 25, 2017, 10:57am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +139
Doesn't take much to offend Rob so wouldn't worry about it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 1 Minutes applause v Wycombe Wanderers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.