8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
August 29, 2017, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
I seem to remember reading somewhere that South Shields have a wealthy somebody bankrolling the club? Quite possible that they are paying reasonable money to get players of a higher standard than you would usually expect at that level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 79
Scarborough Seadog
August 29, 2017, 10:43pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +98
GTFC - I could only guess on Coulson's wages. I can tell you that the club made a big effort to sign players with a local connection as we planned to move back home. We'd kind of lost the connection with the town a bit as a lot of our players were Hull based (which is why a rival club - Scarborough Town - was set up with largely local based players only). So when Coulson became available I'm sure we pushed the boat out to get him.

South Shields are the moneybags at the moment in the Northern Premier League. They had Julio Arca playing for them on Saturday. He's the Argentine that Peter Reid paid £3.5 million for at Sunderland. Still only 36 years old. Christ knows what they are paying him. They say football has gone mad in the top leagues but the same wages madness has filtered down the pyramid too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 79
KingstonMariner
August 29, 2017, 10:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
South Shields had a big (14-15,000?) following at Wembley. Presumably they can pull several hundred at home games at least. So probably a Conference North level budget, before any 'Sugar Daddy' chips in.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 79
AndyDarloFC
August 29, 2017, 11:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
All Sunderland & Newcastle fans who have jumped on the bandwagon, owned by a millionaire who claims the club is "self-sufficient" - Yet pay Arca 4 figures per week & a percentage of the gates.

Another sham of a club buying their success with absolutely no fans what-so-ever.

2-3 years ago they played in front of 32 fans. Where have these thousands suddenly come from...

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 79
KingstonMariner
August 30, 2017, 1:29am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
All Sunderland & Newcastle fans who have jumped on the bandwagon, owned by a millionaire who claims the club is "self-sufficient" - Yet pay Arca 4 figures per week & a percentage of the gates.

Another sham of a club buying their success with absolutely no fans what-so-ever.

2-3 years ago they played in front of 32 fans. Where have these thousands suddenly come from...

Fed up with the Prem/Championship? You always get a bandwagon when you get to Wembley too. Cleethorpes normally play in front of no more than 200 but 4000 went to Wembley.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 79
pontoonlew
August 30, 2017, 9:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,994
Gold Stars: 171
Can't help feel Wright got sent off due to the result of what happened after kicking the ball away as opposed to the act of kicking the ball away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 79
lobsterpot
August 30, 2017, 3:35pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
To be fair to Max you can see he didnt mean to hit the lass and the regret kicked in straight away. Positive for me was the way he took the ball down over his shoulder in 1 movement and he was off like a whippet! Shame it was deemed to have gone out of play. Max has since sent some flowers with an apology to the ladie concerned.

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 79
Scarborough Seadog
September 2, 2017, 6:07pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +98
Another great performance from Max today as he was named MOTM in our 1-0 FA Cup win against Workington.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 79
lobsterpot
September 3, 2017, 5:13am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Another MOTM award for Max yesterday as he helped Scarborough to a 1-0 victory VS Workington

Also, his dad Dean has just done an interview with former loan club Sutton, giving a brief on Max's short history so far. An interesting, short piece of his ups and downs and well worth a quick read if you have a few minutes spare.......

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/.....ml#.Wat_31DrF6Y.link

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 79
Swansea_Mariner
September 3, 2017, 9:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Thanks for that, it's a delightful read, here's hoping he has a great season for you!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Max Wright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.