3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 24, 2017, 7:43am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,999
Gold Stars: 192

Yet another reason we need a new stadium -  
http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/fed-up-residents-call-action-367836

Ironically when parking up for the Derby game on Tuesday myself and my wife were verbally abused for parking in front of someone's house and we decided to move it as we felt our car would be vandalised when we returned.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
zorro_is_a_Mariner
August 24, 2017, 7:55am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
You should of told them you can park where you like, it's not against the law to park outside someone's house on the side streets and it's actually illegal to for them to try and block it with cones or other objects which has happened to me before.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
Cloudy
August 24, 2017, 8:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
You should of told them you can park where you like, it's not against the law to park outside someone's house on the side streets and it's actually illegal to for them to try and block it with cones or other objects which has happened to me before.

Lots of the residents in the streets around BP seem to think they can just put cones outside their houses to stop people parking. As promotion plaice says though I wouldnt park there because of fear of criminal damage to my car. I guess they win unless the patrols are upped
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
Mariner1980
August 24, 2017, 10:21am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +118
Parking is an issue everywhere not just around BP. If people want to park like bell ends, then they will.
Issuing tickets could well be the easiest answer.

I live down Rosalind Ave and just up the road on Littlefield Ln we have a convenience store, chippy and a Chinese takeaway.
Pretty much all day every day I get people parking over my drive, or my neighbour's drives, or people double parking making the simple task of driving down the road a hazard.
Yes, the shops were there before we moved in, but that doesn't mean we should expect a free for all.

I've been in touch with the local authority and basically they couldn't give a toss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
grimsby pete
August 24, 2017, 10:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner

The trouble is you might come back to your car and find a big scratch or wing mirror missing Zorro,

Proving it was them that did it could prove very difficult.

I would have moved my car as well.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
Mariner Ronnie
August 24, 2017, 10:32am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete

The trouble is you might come back to your car and find a big scratch or wing mirror missing Zorro,

Proving it was them that did it could prove very difficult.

I would have moved my car as well.

And like what mariner1980 said, the local authority wouldn't give a toss either.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
zorro_is_a_Mariner
August 24, 2017, 10:55am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
The answer really is an new stadium with viable car parking spaces for people.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
gtfckyle
August 24, 2017, 10:59am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +25
Quoted from promotion plaice

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/fed-up-residents-call-action-367836

Ironically when parking up for the Derby game on Tuesday myself and my wife were verbally abused for parking in front of someone's house and we decided to move it as we felt our car would be vandalised when we returned.

Had the same last season, some bloke come out his house swearing at me and my mate. Wasn't a chance I was gonna leave it there for him to do something to it...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
The Yard Dog
August 24, 2017, 11:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
I had a house in Ward street, but when I moved there I knew that on match days they could be a problem parking near my house, just had to accept that on match days parking could be an issue.  Not it was a problem for me as I was always at Blundell Park, so car never moved from the space I had parked in.

Careless and dangerous parking is not acceptable, but some of the comments are laughable

"The problem of matchday parking has apparently spiralled "out of control" since Grimsby Town's[/b] promotion to League 2, and has prompted residents to hold a meeting with authorities to try to come up with a solution".

"If they can get a car in, even if it's tight, they will just do it."

Daubney Street resident, Sandra Ellis, explained how she often has to squeeze her car in between "poorly" parked cars.

How do we know that its people attending BP that are parking on the junctions and not the residents.

Blundell Park has been there since 1901, so unless you are 116+ years old, you bought your home, knowing about parking problems on match days. Can never remember reading anything in the Grimsby Evening Telegraph that parking around BP had stopped the emergency services attending an incident.

North East Lincolnshire councillor and local resident, Hazel Chase, is fronting a campaign group [b]
made up of residents and says she is fearful that if nothing is done as a matter of urgency, "we will see a life lost".

Well Councillor Haze they is already a solution to your problem, its called GTFC community stadium site at Peaks Parkway development, support this development and your parking issues and lost of life fears will be solved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
mimma
August 24, 2017, 11:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,570
Gold Stars: 78
Reading the article it not about parking outside their houses but it is about parking right on corners obstructing the corner which is illegal.

It makes it a pain when leaving trying to get round corners.

They are also complaining about people parking on the paths and on the corners on Cleethorpes Road etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
friskneymariner
August 24, 2017, 12:54pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Why does not the Trust put in a bid for the Imp car park easy generate £200 on match day

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
Grimal
August 24, 2017, 2:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,859
Gold Stars: 9
It's bloody ridiculous the parking around BP, why the hell don't they build a new state of the art Stadium complex somewhere sensible like on waste land off Peaks Parkway.I'm sure that with a little help from councillors,such as a certain Mr. Defraitis the plans for such a development would pass without any problems.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
Cloudy
August 24, 2017, 2:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Grimal
It's bloody ridiculous the parking around BP, why the hell don't they build a new state of the art Stadium complex somewhere sensible like on waste land off Peaks Parkway.I'm sure that with a little help from councillors,such as a certain Mr. Defraitis the plans for such a development would pass without any problems.  

The plan might get passed but funding the thing will be nigh on impossible in my view
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
Mrs Doyle
August 24, 2017, 5:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Why can't the old Ramsdens car park be opened up on match days? That would help alleviate some of the problem especially if this was advertised as a match day parking area.i can see some residents taking unlawful action. I too have received threats to damage my car if it was left outside their property despite it not having any cones/signs preventing me from parking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
Abdul19
August 24, 2017, 5:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,500
Gold Stars: 215
I've honestly never had a problem parking!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
LH
August 24, 2017, 5:28pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
I think there should be some sort of one way system in operation on matchdays in the streets off Brereton Ave leading to Queen Mary Ave and Grimsby Road too. I've seen and had angry motorists get out of their cars to argue about who should reverse back go let the others pass. The bloke who got out his car for me had 20 yards to reverse to my 150 or so. Common sense would say he should but his anger meant I did.

Similar subject: a Town director lives opposite my mum's and he parks over the front of her house despite him having a drive and her's being the only house on the street without one. It'll be brought up at the next fans forum.  
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
Les Brechin
August 24, 2017, 5:31pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,689
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from LH
I think there should be some sort of one way system in operation on matchdays in the streets off Brereton Ave leading to Queen Mary Ave and Grimsby Road too. I've seen and had angry motorists get out of their cars to argue about who should reverse back go let the others pass. The bloke who got out his car for me had 20 yards to reverse to my 150 or so. Common sense would say he should but his anger meant I did.

Similarly a Town director lives opposite my mum's and he parks over the front of her house despite him having a drive and her's being the only house on the street without one. It'll be brought up at the next fans forum.  

I agree. Streets such as Barcroft, Daubney and Tiverton etc should be made one way between Brereton Ave and Grimsby Road, like they are between Grimsby Road and Harrington Street. Would make it a lot better in my opinion.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
August 24, 2017, 9:47pm
Guest User
I've removed cones and parked around the ground before, when I had a 15 year old Fiesta! The way I see it, I pay my road tax to park legally, they are acting illegally by placing cones there. The ground has been there since 1899, it is highly unlikely they lived there before the ground was built so they knew there would be football traffic for a couple of hours or so every other week.
Reply: 17 - 29
Mariner_09
August 25, 2017, 9:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Vicar, your logic is 100% correct but sadly non footballing residents and councils don't think about the big picture or logically!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
TAGG
August 25, 2017, 10:23am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,997
Gold Stars: 123
I have lived around BP most if my life.
Parking has always been an issue.
Does my head in when people moan.
There are people who buy a house around here then complain about not getting parked on 20ish days of the year. It amazes me that they didnt know there was a football ground on the door step.

If ye dont like it then fookin move.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
GYinScuntland
August 25, 2017, 10:34am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,235
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from promotion plaice

I'd have politely pointed out that their house is worth a lot more than my car and they wouldn't be able to prove a thing if their window went through one sleety January morning at 4am.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
Town Monkey
August 25, 2017, 11:29am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
People getting angry about football traffic just baffles me.  As TAGG said, it's not as if they weren't aware that a football ground was near their house.  I used to live near Ashton Gate and we knew that parking on matchdays was an issue.  We knew that in advance a worked around it.  It really wasn't a problem.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
Kris2
August 25, 2017, 11:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I'd have politely pointed out that their house is worth a lot more than my car and they wouldn't be able to prove a thing if their window went through one sleety January morning at 4am.

The window isn't worth more than your car though is it brainbox.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
jimgtfc
August 25, 2017, 12:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,073
Gold Stars: 44
I actually think the club could be smart here and use this as an opportunity. Meet with residents, agree that parking is an issue at BP and use the new stadium as a solution, providing evidence of new car parks and park and ride schemes. Gets more people behind peaks parkway and alleviates a problem for the residents around BP.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
Reverendmariner
August 25, 2017, 1:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +275
There's no doubt that some people do park in a stupidly dangerous manner, and it's also true that some get bawled out by residents if you park legally outside their house; I've had that. It's presumably the same at every ground in a traditional urban setting. I stand to be shot down for expressing my view, but I love Blundell Park and would be sad if the club were to move to a Lego-type stadium like Glanford Park. In any case, would a ground on, say, Peakes Parkway, have parking for several thousand cars? I always get to BP ridiculously early and park as close to the ground on Grimsby Road itself as I can.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
topuphere666
August 26, 2017, 6:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
I've never had an issue with leaving my car on one of the side streets before but I do worry about it every time I leave it. There are often lots of curtain twitchers when cars are pulling up.

It would make life easier if the imp car park was opened up again or if some form of park and ride was made available from the old pleasure island car park.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
Mendonca1995
August 26, 2017, 7:49am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
I don't mind people parking on my front down bramhall street and when people park on corners or over the walk Ramps as it's a corner house I always tell them to move it they will get a ticket as it happens every game some of them take no notice and get a ticket anyway they must have loads of money and loads of common sense 😂

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
August 26, 2017, 10:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Town Monkey
People getting angry about football traffic just baffles me.  As TAGG said, it's not as if they weren't aware that a football ground was near their house.  I used to live near Ashton Gate and we knew that parking on matchdays was an issue.  We knew that in advance a worked around it.  It really wasn't a problem.  

People today can't handle any inconvenience to their lives despite what it means for a larger cause. The world we live in today was built on a progress at all costs foundation, if they built factorys on all four sides of your house, you were just glad to have a roof over your head. Now we should be entitled to some rights, and limits, but I think its gone too far the other way now, and it winds me up when almost all progressive projects have protests because someone 5 miles away is worried about increased traffic.

I think some people expect Grimsby to remain frozen in some sort of time warp with no increase in population, change in demand for work or services. They don't realise they are the same silly people you laugh at in history books who didn't trust steam power or thought electricity was a menace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
bigbadmarinerbob
August 26, 2017, 2:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +122
Gold Stars: 2
Just a headup, Traffic enforcment officers are about today, so watch where you park
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
mariner83
August 26, 2017, 6:09pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Walking back to the car today, saw a Suzuki that had parked on the path & over double yellows whilst also blocking a Seat in.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dangerous parking near BP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.