Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Dangerous parking near BP
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 352 Guests

Dangerous parking near BP

This thread currently has 5,710 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
August 25, 2017, 10:34am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from promotion plaice

Yet another reason we need a new stadium -  
http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/fed-up-residents-call-action-367836

Ironically when parking up for the Derby game on Tuesday myself and my wife were verbally abused for parking in front of someone's house and we decided to move it as we felt our car would be vandalised when we returned.

I'd have politely pointed out that their house is worth a lot more than my car and they wouldn't be able to prove a thing if their window went through one sleety January morning at 4am.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
Town Monkey
August 25, 2017, 11:29am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
People getting angry about football traffic just baffles me.  As TAGG said, it's not as if they weren't aware that a football ground was near their house.  I used to live near Ashton Gate and we knew that parking on matchdays was an issue.  We knew that in advance a worked around it.  It really wasn't a problem.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
Kris2
August 25, 2017, 11:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I'd have politely pointed out that their house is worth a lot more than my car and they wouldn't be able to prove a thing if their window went through one sleety January morning at 4am.

The window isn't worth more than your car though is it brainbox.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
jimgtfc
August 25, 2017, 12:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,011
Gold Stars: 40
I actually think the club could be smart here and use this as an opportunity. Meet with residents, agree that parking is an issue at BP and use the new stadium as a solution, providing evidence of new car parks and park and ride schemes. Gets more people behind peaks parkway and alleviates a problem for the residents around BP.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
Reverendmariner
August 25, 2017, 1:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +275
There's no doubt that some people do park in a stupidly dangerous manner, and it's also true that some get bawled out by residents if you park legally outside their house; I've had that. It's presumably the same at every ground in a traditional urban setting. I stand to be shot down for expressing my view, but I love Blundell Park and would be sad if the club were to move to a Lego-type stadium like Glanford Park. In any case, would a ground on, say, Peakes Parkway, have parking for several thousand cars? I always get to BP ridiculously early and park as close to the ground on Grimsby Road itself as I can.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
topuphere666
August 26, 2017, 6:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
I've never had an issue with leaving my car on one of the side streets before but I do worry about it every time I leave it. There are often lots of curtain twitchers when cars are pulling up.

It would make life easier if the imp car park was opened up again or if some form of park and ride was made available from the old pleasure island car park.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
Mendonca1995
August 26, 2017, 7:49am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
I don't mind people parking on my front down bramhall street and when people park on corners or over the walk Ramps as it's a corner house I always tell them to move it they will get a ticket as it happens every game some of them take no notice and get a ticket anyway they must have loads of money and loads of common sense 😂

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
August 26, 2017, 10:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Town Monkey
People getting angry about football traffic just baffles me.  As TAGG said, it's not as if they weren't aware that a football ground was near their house.  I used to live near Ashton Gate and we knew that parking on matchdays was an issue.  We knew that in advance a worked around it.  It really wasn't a problem.  

People today can't handle any inconvenience to their lives despite what it means for a larger cause. The world we live in today was built on a progress at all costs foundation, if they built factorys on all four sides of your house, you were just glad to have a roof over your head. Now we should be entitled to some rights, and limits, but I think its gone too far the other way now, and it winds me up when almost all progressive projects have protests because someone 5 miles away is worried about increased traffic.

I think some people expect Grimsby to remain frozen in some sort of time warp with no increase in population, change in demand for work or services. They don't realise they are the same silly people you laugh at in history books who didn't trust steam power or thought electricity was a menace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
bigbadmarinerbob
August 26, 2017, 2:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +122
Gold Stars: 2
Just a headup, Traffic enforcment officers are about today, so watch where you park
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
mariner83
August 26, 2017, 6:09pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Walking back to the car today, saw a Suzuki that had parked on the path & over double yellows whilst also blocking a Seat in.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Dangerous parking near BP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.