3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 24, 2017, 7:43am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Yet another reason we need a new stadium -  
http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/fed-up-residents-call-action-367836

Ironically when parking up for the Derby game on Tuesday myself and my wife were verbally abused for parking in front of someone's house and we decided to move it as we felt our car would be vandalised when we returned.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
zorro_is_a_Mariner
August 24, 2017, 7:55am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
You should of told them you can park where you like, it's not against the law to park outside someone's house on the side streets and it's actually illegal to for them to try and block it with cones or other objects which has happened to me before.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
Cloudy
August 24, 2017, 8:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
You should of told them you can park where you like, it's not against the law to park outside someone's house on the side streets and it's actually illegal to for them to try and block it with cones or other objects which has happened to me before.

Lots of the residents in the streets around BP seem to think they can just put cones outside their houses to stop people parking. As promotion plaice says though I wouldnt park there because of fear of criminal damage to my car. I guess they win unless the patrols are upped
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
Mariner1980
August 24, 2017, 10:21am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +118
Parking is an issue everywhere not just around BP. If people want to park like bell ends, then they will.
Issuing tickets could well be the easiest answer.

I live down Rosalind Ave and just up the road on Littlefield Ln we have a convenience store, chippy and a Chinese takeaway.
Pretty much all day every day I get people parking over my drive, or my neighbour's drives, or people double parking making the simple task of driving down the road a hazard.
Yes, the shops were there before we moved in, but that doesn't mean we should expect a free for all.

I've been in touch with the local authority and basically they couldn't give a toss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
grimsby pete
August 24, 2017, 10:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner

The trouble is you might come back to your car and find a big scratch or wing mirror missing Zorro,

Proving it was them that did it could prove very difficult.

I would have moved my car as well.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
Mariner Ronnie
August 24, 2017, 10:32am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete

The trouble is you might come back to your car and find a big scratch or wing mirror missing Zorro,

Proving it was them that did it could prove very difficult.

I would have moved my car as well.

And like what mariner1980 said, the local authority wouldn't give a toss either.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
zorro_is_a_Mariner
August 24, 2017, 10:55am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
The answer really is an new stadium with viable car parking spaces for people.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
gtfckyle
August 24, 2017, 10:59am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +25
Quoted from promotion plaice

Yet another reason we need a new stadium -  
http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/fed-up-residents-call-action-367836

Ironically when parking up for the Derby game on Tuesday myself and my wife were verbally abused for parking in front of someone's house and we decided to move it as we felt our car would be vandalised when we returned.

Had the same last season, some bloke come out his house swearing at me and my mate. Wasn't a chance I was gonna leave it there for him to do something to it...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
The Yard Dog
August 24, 2017, 11:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
I had a house in Ward street, but when I moved there I knew that on match days they could be a problem parking near my house, just had to accept that on match days parking could be an issue.  Not it was a problem for me as I was always at Blundell Park, so car never moved from the space I had parked in.

Careless and dangerous parking is not acceptable, but some of the comments are laughable

"The problem of matchday parking has apparently spiralled "out of control" since Grimsby Town's[/b] promotion to League 2, and has prompted residents to hold a meeting with authorities to try to come up with a solution".

"If they can get a car in, even if it's tight, they will just do it."

Daubney Street resident, Sandra Ellis, explained how she often has to squeeze her car in between "poorly" parked cars.

How do we know that its people attending BP that are parking on the junctions and not the residents.

Blundell Park has been there since 1901, so unless you are 116+ years old, you bought your home, knowing about parking problems on match days. Can never remember reading anything in the Grimsby Evening Telegraph that parking around BP had stopped the emergency services attending an incident.

North East Lincolnshire councillor and local resident, Hazel Chase, is fronting a campaign group [b]
made up of residents and says she is fearful that if nothing is done as a matter of urgency, "we will see a life lost".

Well Councillor Haze they is already a solution to your problem, its called GTFC community stadium site at Peaks Parkway development, support this development and your parking issues and lost of life fears will be solved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
mimma
August 24, 2017, 11:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
Reading the article it not about parking outside their houses but it is about parking right on corners obstructing the corner which is illegal.

It makes it a pain when leaving trying to get round corners.

They are also complaining about people parking on the paths and on the corners on Cleethorpes Road etc
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dangerous parking near BP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.