7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
August 25, 2017, 7:07am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,083
Gold Stars: 31
Thanks Kristine, better have my sat navy out for the game otherwise might finish up in wrong town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 67
barralad
August 25, 2017, 7:25am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,263
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Cloudy

Initially it is;
Season ticket holders
Wycombe AND Doncaster stub holders
stub holders from either of the games
Then Mariners Trust members

Looks to me that Fenty has taken his bat home re the fans and the Trusts representation of the supporters over the last few weeks.

Pathetic treatment imo

Apologies. I misread that bit totally.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 67
fishyfan
August 25, 2017, 9:22am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: -120
Quoted from Cloudy

A very underhand attempt to try and boost the attendance for the Checkatrade trophy. It makes me even more determined to boycott.

Ordinarily they would have made it stubs from the Wycombe game but it's just the clubs (JF) way of taking a swipe at those who disagree with him.

Its your own team playing in the checkertrade trophy, yes its changed its format but so does everything over time like when play offs where introduced, so just suck it up and support your team.

If people really think boycotting the game is going to make them change it back are on another planet, the club have to do whatever they can to up the attendance it is called having a business sense, but as per usual fans just look at it as another chance to jump on the boards back.

If we end up getting to the final and say it is against Scunthorpe or Lincoln, is everyone still going to boycott it??? im pretty sure you'd have at least 10,000 fans, like coventry last year who took 35,000 plus.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 67
MuddyWaters
August 25, 2017, 9:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,174
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from fishyfan

Its your own team playing in the checkertrade trophy, yes its changed its format but so does everything over time like when play offs where introduced, so just suck it up and support your team.

If people really think boycotting the game is going to make them change it back are on another planet, the club have to do whatever they can to up the attendance it is called having a business sense, but as per usual fans just look at it as another chance to jump on the boards back.

If we end up getting to the final and say it is against Scunthorpe or Lincoln, is everyone still going to boycott it??? im pretty sure you'd have at least 10,000 fans, like coventry last year who took 35,000 plus.

I've highlighted the bit that's relevant. I would far rather not moan about 'the board' as we all know that the majority of decisions are those of one person. As others have pointed out, we may continue to have this financial stalemate for many years to come.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 67
Cloudy
August 25, 2017, 10:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from fishyfan

Fans up and down the country have voiced their disapproval at allowing their established clubs to play against B/Under 23/Under21 from the Premiership clubs as a protest, primarily because the principal is wrong and undermines the competition that was the Cup for the lower leagues. This competition in its earlier guise gave me the most moving moment in my life following Town and I include Nathan Arnolds clincher at Wembley.
Yes, the competition was dying, but it could easily have been re-invented by going for Group stages including local derbies. that would have got the interest up and made it far more commercially viable for the clubs.

Instead the owners voted for a few quid to help out the money laden Premiership. Help to get a couple of extra competitive games for their youngsters who they stockpile in their hundreds with little hope of getting Top level First team football.. If they genuinely wanted to develop them they would be better off getting battle hardened by going out on season long loans to League 1 or 2 sides OR, better still, playing for the lower league clubs and then, if they show enough promise, being bought. Financially better for both clubs and IMO far better for the lads and development of players.

Personally I am so despondent over the money at the top level, the cheating and conning of officials that I want nothing to do with them. The fact that the owners of lower league clubs have been blinded by a few quid does anger me especially when the fans voices are ignored. I honestly believe that the decision by GTFC's board and the boards of other clubs will actually cost them longer term.

No business can ignore its customers, keep kicking them without the expectation that sooner or later they will turn against them.

I can 100% confirm that whether we were playing Scunthorpe, Lincoln or whoever I would boycott Wembley and every other game in this competition. Until clubs start to listen to their fans and realise football without fans is nothing I will continue my stance.

This is a personal stance and know others feel differently. Their choice but i for one will not be 'sucking up' to John Fenty or this competition
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 67
Bigdog
August 25, 2017, 10:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from fishyfan

Absolutely gobsmacked with that statement.

Short Termism v Long Termism
Pounds before Principle

If JF had an iota of business sense he would have sided with the fans and voted against B teams keeping his paying customers happier and onside. The format would have gone ahead as his vote wouldn't have changed anything. PR open goal totally missed...again!! Fans would still boycott, but JF could have retained a bit of moral high ground.

There are the long term consequences of B teams entering the league and it's up to our clubs to safeguard the future not take short term bribes.
Actions like this do have short term financial implications too. The product on the pitch has been poor for a very long time  and it looks like it's going to be the same this season. Fans are getting sick of it and even the casual diehards are starting to drift away and pick their games at BP. The club is driving a wedge and fans are running out of patience. JF needs to concentrate his energy in trying to work out how to fix this rather than being crafty with ticket stubs or haranguing everyone in sight. It's always us, the long suffering loyal fans fault.

To be honest, I just don't think he's got that skill in his locker.

I'll never stop supporting my team, but it's getting really depressing and I'm bored and frustrated of following a club that's run the JF way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 67
arryarryarry
August 25, 2017, 10:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,062
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Cloudy

Fans up and down the country have voiced their disapproval at allowing their established clubs to play against B/Under 23/Under21 from the Premiership clubs as a protest, primarily because the principal is wrong and undermines the competition that was the Cup for the lower leagues. This competition in its earlier guise gave me the most moving moment in my life following Town and I include Nathan Arnolds clincher at Wembley.
Yes, the competition was dying, but it could easily have been re-invented by going for Group stages including local derbies. that would have got the interest up and made it far more commercially viable for the clubs.

Instead the owners voted for a few quid to help out the money laden Premiership. Help to get a couple of extra competitive games for their youngsters who they stockpile in their hundreds with little hope of getting Top level First team football.. If they genuinely wanted to develop them they would be better off getting battle hardened by going out on season long loans to League 1 or 2 sides OR, better still, playing for the lower league clubs and then, if they show enough promise, being bought. Financially better for both clubs and IMO far better for the lads and development of players.

Personally I am so despondent over the money at the top level, the cheating and conning of officials that I want nothing to do with them. The fact that the owners of lower league clubs have been blinded by a few quid does anger me especially when the fans voices are ignored. I honestly believe that the decision by GTFC's board and the boards of other clubs will actually cost them longer term.

No business can ignore its customers, keep kicking them without the expectation that sooner or later they will turn against them.

I can 100% confirm that whether we were playing Scunthorpe, Lincoln or whoever I would boycott Wembley and every other game in this competition. Until clubs start to listen to their fans and realise football without fans is nothing I will continue my stance.

This is a personal stance and know others feel differently. Their choice but i for one will not be 'sucking up' to John Fenty or this competition

If you feel that strong about it why not advocate a boycott of say 2 or 3 home league games as I would assume that considering the money the club will receive from the sponsorship and however this competition was arranged even when we won it was never that well supported in its early stages.  
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 67
Cloudy
August 25, 2017, 10:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Having purchased my season tickets, boycotting a home league game or two wouldnt hit the club at all financially. I dont buy programmes, food etc in the ground anyway
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 67
fishyfan
August 25, 2017, 11:33am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: -120
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I've highlighted the bit that's relevant. I would far rather not moan about 'the board' as we all know that the majority of decisions are those of one person. As others have pointed out, we may continue to have this financial stalemate for many years to come.

do you go in when they make decisions or do you just presume the decisions are made by one person??? whatever the decisions are im sure they will always be with the best interest of the club at heart
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 67
totalidiot
August 25, 2017, 11:41am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +341
The fact you can get a ticket for mansfield with a checkatrade mickey mouse stub ahead of a mariners trust member is something that saddens me...john fenty treating loyal supporters with his usual contempt...he just makes so many wrong decisions imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mansfield Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.