Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 385 Guests

Mansfield Tickets

This thread currently has 9,351 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
August 23, 2017, 9:40pm
Guest User
Quoted from Les Brechin

Surely it was pretty obvious that it was going to be announced that season ticket holders would have first dibs so why didn't you give him your season tickets on Tuesday anyway?

I have no foresight whatsoever.
Reply: 10 - 67
friskneymariner
August 23, 2017, 9:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from 75

I have no foresight whatsoever.

Must get off to spesavers read that as foreskin.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 67
GYinScuntland
August 23, 2017, 10:18pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from friskneymariner

Must get off to spesavers read that as foreskin.

Yes you must  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 67
headingly_mariner
August 23, 2017, 10:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from HotToddy
VAST MAJORITY?

Comfortably the vast majority. We had our lowest competitive gate ever. Fans were also canvassed by the Trust and the vast majority were against the inclusion of B teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 67
Jaws
August 24, 2017, 12:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Realistically how many extra people will go to the Donny game? I cannot imagine many will. I would have thought the 1,600 tickets will be gone or mostly gone by then. Would be a big 2 fingers to the idea of using it to boost the Donny attendance.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 67
Bigdog
August 24, 2017, 4:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
It is a cynical and disrespectful move by JF and the club. Makes his statement in the summer about understanding the feelings of the fans about this farce of a tournament no more than lip service. Proves that the divide between the club and fans is just getting wider.

Just remember this when you're about to type that you'd rather a fan of GTFC run the club rather than anyone else. Andrea Radrizzani, is not a lifelong fan of Leeds United, but since he took over the club in the summer, he has galvanised the whole city behind him. He gets Leeds so much more than JF gets GTFC, and that's in three months.

JF has been in charge for a very long time now and looks like he's going to be in charge for the rest of my lifetime. The Checkatrade farce and the way he uses the Trust, it smacks of a mini dictatorship. We need a fresh start and a leader who the fans feel are on their side just like Radrizzani.

Yes I know, JF stuck his £2-3m in to save the club, but that's hell of a long time ago. He still owns that figure in share value and should recoup that figure in any sale. For that kind of money I think 15 years is about long enough to call the shots at a football club in this day and age.  

I don't think the figure he's put in gives him the moral right to be in charge for as long as he sees fit. It could be another twenty or thirty years of our club being run the JF way. Does that fill anyone with an iota of excitement? I'm sure JF does the best he can, but is it good enough any more? And is it right for one man to shape a community's football club in his own vision over several generations long of supporters for a couple of million quid which is dwarfed by the fans contribution to the club over that period?

All these years later, he still acts like it's us and them and this decision regarding ticket stubs just proves it. We deserve better than this and we need to be pushing for change. I've spent a couple of decades being frustrated, not entertained or excited watching my club, feeding on scraps and the thought of twenty more years of this fills me with dread.

We desperately need new investment and thinking at the club, and if JF loved the club more than running it, he should be out there trying to bring fresh cash and blood in and have the good grace to loosen his stranglehold. If he did that, I'd thank him for his efforts and for saving my club. I know it's the Grimsby way to question who, why, what and where, change could be a negative step and all that. But why are we always so fearful of change and so inward looking? Do we always have to be so well.. Grimsby?

l will never fall out of love with GTFC but I'm seriously running out of patience with a club that never gives me any encouragement to retain that spark. I need it to give me something back rather than it just relying on my loyalty because it knows I'll always be there, one of the hundred or so who went to Carlisle midweek after the Auto Windscreens final in 98 or travelling twice in a week to Colchester after the first one was waterlogged.

Checkatrade ticket stub bribe for away tickets.. FFS

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 67
HertsGTFC
August 24, 2017, 7:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog
It is a cynical and disrespectful move by JF and the club. Makes his statement in the summer about understanding the feelings of the fans about this farce of a tournament no more than lip service. Proves that the divide between the club and fans is just getting wider.

Just remember this when you're about to type that you'd rather a fan of GTFC run the club rather than anyone else. Andrea Radrizzani, is not a lifelong fan of Leeds United, but since he took over the club in the summer, he has galvanised the whole city behind him. He gets Leeds so much more than JF gets GTFC, and that's in three months.

JF has been in charge for a very long time now and looks like he's going to be in charge for the rest of my lifetime. The Checkatrade farce and the way he uses the Trust, it smacks of a mini dictatorship. We need a fresh start and a leader who the fans feel are on their side just like Radrizzani.

Yes I know, JF stuck his £2-3m in to save the club, but that's hell of a long time ago. He still owns that figure in share value and should recoup that figure in any sale. For that kind of money I think 15 years is about long enough to call the shots at a football club in this day and age.  

I don't think the figure he's put in gives him the moral right to be in charge for as long as he sees fit. It could be another twenty or thirty years of our club being run the JF way. Does that fill anyone with an iota of excitement? I'm sure JF does the best he can, but is it good enough any more? And is it right for one man to shape a community's football club in his own vision over several generations long of supporters for a couple of million quid which is dwarfed by the fans contribution to the club over that period?

All these years later, he still acts like it's us and them and this decision regarding ticket stubs just proves it. We deserve better than this and we need to be pushing for change. I've spent a couple of decades being frustrated, not entertained or excited watching my club, feeding on scraps and the thought of twenty more years of this fills me with dread.

We desperately need new investment and thinking at the club, and if JF loved the club more than running it, he should be out there trying to bring fresh cash and blood in and have the good grace to loosen his stranglehold. If he did that, I'd thank him for his efforts and for saving my club. I know it's the Grimsby way to question who, why, what and where, change could be a negative step and all that. But why are we always so fearful of change and so inward looking? Do we always have to be so well.. Grimsby?

l will never fall out of love with GTFC but I'm seriously running out of patience with a club that never gives me any encouragement to retain that spark. I need it to give me something back rather than it just relying on my loyalty because it knows I'll always be there, one of the hundred or so who went to Carlisle after the Auto Windscreens final in 98 or travelling twice in a week to Colchester after the first one was waterlogged.

Checkatrade ticket stub bribe for away tickets.. FFS

Whilst I agree with much of what you say I dont think using Leeds both as a club and City is a realistic as a comparison to GTFC is a realistic one.

Do we need fresh investment and ideas? Yes, is anyone on the horizon? I doubt, so we are stuck with the current regime for a while yet I'm afraid.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 67
Cloudy
August 24, 2017, 7:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Whilst I agree with much of what you say I dont think using Leeds both as a club and City is a realistic as a comparison to GTFC is a realistic one.

Do we need fresh investment and ideas? Yes, is anyone on the horizon? I doubt, so we are stuck with the current regime for a while yet I'm afraid.

Bigdog has it right IMO

Ask yourself Why nobody is on the horizon to invest Herts. Again, imo, it is the same as to why we are still at BP. Once they see through the initial charm offensive, it is impossible to work with our 'leader'. Councillors, investors and many business people all say the same
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 67
Bigdog
August 24, 2017, 7:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

It is a good comparison not in size but in action and sentiment scaled down to a club of our size..

Yep, let's all just shrug our shoulders for another twenty years.

There will be no better time to attract inward investors and a broader range of talent and ideas when JF hopefully delivers planning permission for the new stadium...

He should be out there trying to attract those kind of people and take a side step rather than retaining all the power far distant into the future. His onfield record as a "chairman" in factual terms is much more of a failure than a success I'm sorry to say knowing he's put a lot of effort in. Sometimes effort is not enough whether on the pitch or in the boardroom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 67
mariner83
August 24, 2017, 7:47am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from 75
I appreciate the club were probably waiting on allocation from Mansfield, but it would have been helpful to announce this before last nights game. One of my mates will collect everyones season ticket and go during his working day, it now becomes a pain during the working week to get our season tickets to him. Would have been easy if we could have done that Tuesday night.

Can they be ordered online, handing over the ST stubs on collection?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 19 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mansfield Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.