Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Red cards & Discipline!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 215 Guests

Red cards & Discipline!

This thread currently has 5,108 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
August 23, 2017, 9:35am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere else but what is the record for consecutive red cards for a club? We must be close to beating that unwanted record surely!

Should we be concerned about our disciplinary record or have the players just been unlucky in large part?

I can only speak for the Stevenage game but from what I saw Jones' was certainly not a red and their guy made a meal of it - has anything been said about us appealing?

Whatever way we look at it this can't continue. Slade called Matt Deans question on discipline issues within the squad as 'ridiculous' but it's clearly a problem that needs addressing.

Ending on a positive note, by all accounts the performance last night was a marked improvement but was that just because Derby allowed us more time and space that we wouldn't get in the league?

Saturday has become a very important game now and with Wycombe losing 4-0 last week, a game who h could hopefully turn the tide out way.

HTM!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
mariner chopper
August 23, 2017, 9:45am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +198
Gold Stars: 5
My big grievance with it all Slade's denial that there is a problem. Last night's radio interview "woah woah woah, rash challenges?!?"

If ALL the yellow cards were like Davies' first last night (where he apparently got the ball cleanly) then fair enough. But that has FAR FROM been the case...

Zak Mills second yellow - could have easily been a red, he effectively stamps/rakes his leg down the chesterfield player's leg

James Berrett second yellow - could see it coming from a mile off, the player had already passed the ball before Berrett took to the skies. Idiocy when already on a yellow.

Ben Davies second yellow - kicking the ball away. What a clown. How long has he been playing the game? Stupid.

All of these are poor discipline in my opinion. So YES there is a problem currently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
jimgtfc
August 23, 2017, 10:14am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,075
Gold Stars: 44
Did Ben Davies get sent off for kicking the ball away? I thought the second yellow was for bringing the man down when he was racing into our half.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
Maringer
August 23, 2017, 10:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,404
Gold Stars: 184
It looked to me that Davies was the one who kicked the ball for the second yellow last night. Even if he didn't and their player was the one who got their a millisecond before him, it wasn't exactly a cynical or late challenge. A very unlucky red card in my view and, judging by a later decision by the referee where he let a booked player get away with a cynical trip unpunished, not one which would have been given to them. Still no idea what Davies' first booking was for - I assumed it was dissent as another of our defenders was booked at the same time for a challenge.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
grimsby pete
August 23, 2017, 10:23am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
It is all the bookings and sending offs that worries me more than the results,

We overcame a bad start last season and we need to do it again this season,

BUT

We will not do it if we keep getting men sent off.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
TownSNAFU5
August 23, 2017, 10:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,850
Gold Stars: 42
Ironic that there 4 replies to the oirginal post above.  One for each red card this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
Les Brechin
August 23, 2017, 10:47am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
I'm thinking of running a sweep for "Who will be sent off on Saturday"  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
Marinerz93
August 23, 2017, 11:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Soon Slade won't need to rotate the first team, the red cards will do it for him, maybe that's why he said there wasn't a problem, it makes his job easier.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
oldun
August 23, 2017, 12:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
From where I sat in the main stand it looked like Davies body checked their player for the second yellow. Silly to do that when you have already been booked. He did not protest much just walked to the tunnel. Players must realise if you are on a yellow card you have to be careful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
GrimRob
August 23, 2017, 1:07pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Just had a look at the league rules. I am worried that we could be charged with misconduct if this continues. As far as I can see the could fine us, but not go as far as a points deduction.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Red cards & Discipline!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.