7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
mimma
August 23, 2017, 6:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
I don't understand why we have to have a big centre forward.  You don't see battering ram center forwards in the top teams or international sides.

Messi wouldn't get in the Town side as a centre forward because he wouldn't be able to get on to long punts from our back line or keeper.

If you got small nippy players play to their strengths not the opposition's strengths.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 67
Gaffer58
August 23, 2017, 6:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Why won't JT ask Slade about the front one, has he been warned off by his bosses not to upset Fenty etc as radio Humberside has already lost 'Ulls commentaries?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 67
Madeleymariner
August 23, 2017, 6:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from mimma
I don't understand why we have to have a big centre forward.  You don't see battering ram center forwards in the top teams or international sides.

Messi wouldn't get in the Town side as a centre forward because he wouldn't be able to get on to long punts from our back line or keeper.

If you got small nippy players play to their strengths not the opposition's strengths.

You know that, I know that, most of the crowd know that but I presume our super experienced manager doesn't know that.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 67
Mrs Doyle
August 23, 2017, 6:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Buckley sumed my biggest worries up the lack of clear cut chances and movement up front is alarming. In pre season we had a largely successful warm up despite some poor opposition we scored goals for fun. I felt with Jones and Vernon we had players that could score goals. Debele is a great player but he is not a twenty goal a season man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 67
Rick12
August 23, 2017, 6:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I really don't think the history of the club has any relevance whatsoever. The truth is that we are a club in debt, in an old stadium in a rundown area with a bunch of grumpyoldtwat (I'm one) supporters who dip in their pockets in the vain hope of seeing a team bring back some footballing glory to the town.

Quoted from mariner91

Hearn had never played about the sixth tier of English football, of course Blundell Park looked good compared to the likes of Chorley. Players talk about history and being impressed by the "setup" whoever they sign for.

Thing is the player who I spoke to had other options to sign for other clubs yet choose Grimsby in part because of the history .Seemed quite proud to sign for us as well .I agree it may not bear true for all players but for some as in the case of the above it certainly was.Hence as fans wouldent we all love to play for Grimsby albeit once if we were good enough and on the way up

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 67
golfer
August 23, 2017, 6:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from mimma

Agree-but they have to like crisps or be a mate of someone who likes crisps or play for Hartlepools [when not on strike] or retire from International duties
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 67
Les Brechin
August 23, 2017, 6:49pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,702
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from mimma

We'll certainly be seeing a BIG centre-forward on Saturday!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 67
Grimal
August 23, 2017, 10:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from golfer

Agree-but they have to like crisps or be a mate of someone who likes crisps or play for Hartlepools [when not on strike]Newport or retire from International duties

There you go Golfer,corrected it for you  .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.