12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Garth
August 22, 2017, 10:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Hooper and Kelly up front powder puff and will be the demise of Slade  if he continues playing them, the rest of them did Ok
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 119
mimma
August 22, 2017, 10:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
I thought that Rose was Towns best player. He was all over the pitch breaking up attacks and he kept the ball well.

Dembele has unbelievable skills. Goes past players for fun . Looked knackered when he was subbed.

Also one of the best games I've seen Bolly play. He could be influential for us this season against 2nd. div. players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 119
oldun
August 22, 2017, 10:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
We did OK tonight despite the ex Port Vale duo. It was not entirely a Derby reserve side with the likes of Vydra and Martin up top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 119
mimma
August 22, 2017, 11:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
Are you kidding Oldun?

They are proven Championship goal scorers. Vydra helped Watford get into the prem. and had a full season there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 119
Maringer
August 22, 2017, 11:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
If that was Derby's reserve team, they must have a pretty strong squad - 7 full internationals in the starting line-up tonight. A narrow defeat after playing a third of the game with ten men (thanks in part to what looked another extremely harsh red card, it must be said), isn't half bad at all. Derby certainly couldn't have complained had we nicked an equaliser near the end from the overall balance of play - despite the fact that we have a terribly weakened squad ourselves due to injuries in midfield and up front! - and we still managed more efforts on target than them.

Some of the comments earlier in this thread from those who didn't go to the game are, frankly, pathetic.

The team is not there yet, that's for sure, a number of the players have a lot to prove yet and the formation isn't working at the moment, but to claim we played anything but pretty well tonight is way off the mark.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 119
Bigdog
August 23, 2017, 6:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Maringer
If that was Derby's reserve team, they must have a pretty strong squad - 7 full internationals in the starting line-up tonight. A narrow defeat after playing a third of the game with ten men (thanks in part to what looked another extremely harsh red card, it must be said), isn't half bad at all. Derby certainly couldn't have complained had we nicked an equaliser near the end from the overall balance of play - despite the fact that we have a terribly weakened squad ourselves due to injuries in midfield and up front! - and we still managed more efforts on target than them.

Some of the comments earlier in this thread from those who didn't go to the game are, frankly, pathetic.

The team is not there yet, that's for sure, a number of the players have a lot to prove yet and the formation isn't working at the moment, but to claim we played anything but pretty well tonight is way off the mark.

First game I haven't watched was last night.

I went more than a month not posting on here over the summer because I didn't want to be negative about how the club was being promoted since last season and a bit shocked at RS and PW quality of signings too. My gut feelings are on the whole correct so far, early days I know.

You may think I'm pathetic and a doom merchant someone else said. Well I'm not. I actually think that over the past fifteen seasons too many fans have been conditioned into accepting mediocrity and hang on far too much to slivers of hope in the name of loyalty.

I am going to speak out if I think there are ways that the club could be run better, I am going to give my honest opinion on signings or PR or club funding. Why? Because I want the best for my club and more than mediocre for our far from mediocre fans. I write about it in the hope that one or two others add to that voice so when GYFR is trawling through this late at night, something hits home.

Isn't anyone else bored of the same old, put up with this and put up with that season after season. We need some new investment and blue sky thinking to get out of this long term rut that at least a few of us can see is happening.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 119
Cloudy
August 23, 2017, 7:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Bigdog

First game I haven't watched was last night.

I went more than a month not posting on here over the summer because I didn't want to be negative about how the club was being promoted since last season and a bit shocked at RS and PW quality of signings too. My gut feelings are on the whole correct so far, early days I know.

You may think I'm pathetic and a doom merchant someone else said. Well I'm not. I actually think that over the past fifteen seasons too many fans have been conditioned into accepting mediocrity and hang on far too much to slivers of hope in the name of loyalty.

I am going to speak out if I think there are ways that the club could be run better, I am going to give my honest opinion on signings or PR or club funding. Why? Because I want the best for my club and more than mediocre for our far from mediocre fans. I write about it in the hope that one or two others add to that voice so when GYFR is trawling through this late at night, something hits home.

Isn't anyone else bored of the same old, put up with this and put up with that season after season. We need some new investment and blue sky thinking to get out of this long term rut that at least a few of us can see is happening.

Shout all you like about new investment . It isn't coming anytime soon with GYFR in charge.

We are not going to go from 6 years in non league to world beaters overnight. We are a few players short without a doubt but there has been a massive over reaction to the last two league games imo. We have to rebuild the club, and that is a long and sometimes slow progres. That isn't accepting mediocrity but equally realism has to come into it.

A glass half full fan would say a win on Saturday gives us 6 points from the first 4 games which isn't a disaster by any means.

Last night was encouraging except for the goal threat. Hopefully someone like Tyler Walker could solve that through the loan market
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 119
grimps
August 23, 2017, 7:36am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Some investment last season and I reckon we'd have been promoted , Some people including the chairman think that being back in the four division is an achievement and are happy just to sit here doing nothing.
I've always pretty much backed Fenty but I honestly believe he's tried to do this season on the cheap and it looks like it'll bite us in the bottom
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 119
Garth
August 23, 2017, 8:10am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from grimps
Some investment last season and I reckon we'd have been promoted , Some people including the chairman think that being back in the four division is an achievement and are happy just to sit here doing nothing.
I've always pretty much backed Fenty but I honestly believe he's tried to do this season on the cheap and it looks like it'll bite us in the bottom

Well I think we have spent money backstage on fitness coaches and equipment etc which is no bad thing, at the expense of signing a couple of quality players, one being a proven goal scorer.
If we just go that final half mile we could suprise a few
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 119
oldun
August 23, 2017, 9:01am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from mimma
Are you kidding Oldun?

They are proven Championship goal scorers. Vydra helped Watford get into the prem. and had a full season there.

Exactly my point
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 119
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.