August 22, 2017, 9:58pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Chrisblor

We lost through another preventable defensive mistake, had another needless sending off and barely troubled their keeper. Suppose everything's fine if you're happy with that.

And it was Clarke again !!!!!! I've not been convinced by him at all yet very poor the last 3 games

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 119
HertsGTFC
August 22, 2017, 10:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 227
The age of our defence worries me a bit.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 119
sonofmadeleymariner
August 22, 2017, 10:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
To lose 1-0 to a Championship club is nothing to be that disappointed about. However the real lack of any threat up front, a 4th red card and what seemed like giving away alot of silly free kicks are something to be worried about.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 119
Bigdog
August 22, 2017, 10:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
My god there's some blind optimism on here. Our first team played Derby's reserves tonight.

If we don't sign at least two or three players by the end of the window we're screwed..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 119
Mariner93er
August 22, 2017, 10:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
It may have been a reserve team, but the majority were still championship quality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 119
geir
August 22, 2017, 10:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from grimsby pete

That made me laugh Geir,

Did you mean Dixon got a career ending injury tackling Akinfenwa  ?

Yep.   It can be dangerous tackling Akinfenwa.

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 119
mimma
August 22, 2017, 10:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
Unlike some I was at the game.

Penalty looked a bit soft from where I was sat.

Sending off was a joke. Didn't even look like a foul and a lot worse tackles didn't warrant a card. There seemed to be two sets of rules one for them and a completely different set for us.

We nearly nicked an equaliser at the death when Macca went up and got a free header but put it wide.

They were wasting time at the end against 10 men.

I thought we played good football but didn't have a cutting edge. They didn't either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 119
oochiad
August 22, 2017, 10:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,677
Gold Stars: 27
Thanks for that Mimma, didn't sound that bad on the radio either. On to Saturday we go....UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 119
Cloudy
August 22, 2017, 10:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Bigdog
My god there's some blind optimism on here. Our first team played Derby's reserves tonight.

If we don't sign at least two or three players by the end of the window we're screwed..

I bet virtually every one of their starting eleven would walk into any league two side. They probably are all paid £10kplus a week.

For all that we did ok against them however the lack of firepower is a huge worry. Clarke made a howler for the penalty but generally played well against Chris Martin who has had a good career in Championship, far from the standard we will face in League 2.

Berrett, and I am far from a fan, competed well whist Tom B and Dembele also looked decent.

The one that really got my goat this evening was Ben Davies. For an experienced player his first yellow was pathetic, his show of petulance outweighed how unlucky the 2nd yellow may have been.

Far more encouraged by tonight than some of the doom and gloom merchants on here. Still hope for a loan striker to spark us and give us some firepower as Hooper looks clueless
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 119
GyMariner
August 22, 2017, 10:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
Wasn't bad at all, we matched a good derby side. Nothing outstanding but we certainly put in a good shift and had some bright moments. Berrett had a good game, Tom B and dembele very good. Would like to see more of DJ, looked bright in the short spell he had on the pitch.

I think we all agree we're lacking a goal scorer and never really looked like scoring (although creating a few good chances.) Maybe play 442 and we might have more luck? You can't really blame the strikers when they're so isolated upfront. Although Hooper sadly looked useless.

Credit where credit is due, if we play with the same attitude Saturday we should get something from the game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 119
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.