2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Spidey
August 21, 2017, 4:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +378
Gold Stars: 4
Can someone just confirm for me, that you can access the live away games via VPN on the Match Pass (cheaper subscription) rather than paying for the more expensive season pass? My sub has just ran out, but I did get live video of the Chesterfield game on the cheaper sub which was changed over from mariner Player, just before the end of my sub.
Thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
August 21, 2017, 4:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Just a note, I understand that tomorrows game will not be shown live as they are not allowed to show EFL Cup games.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Spidey
August 21, 2017, 5:09pm
Snakebite drinker
That's right. Plus home games aren't shown live officialy through iFollow, unless you can temporarily change your team to the away side, like you could on MP. Anyhow, can anyone confirm that you can get live coverage through VPN on the cheaper subscription?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
arryarryarry
August 21, 2017, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Spidey
That's right, its on SKY though. Plus home games aren't shown live officialy through iFollow, unless you can temporarily change your team to the away side, like you could on MP. Anyhow, can anyone confirm that you can get live coverage through VPN on the cheaper subscription?

Are you sure, not according to SKY's live TV fixture list. It's Sheff. Utd v Leicester City.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Swansea_Mariner
August 21, 2017, 6:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Spidey
That's right. Plus home games aren't shown live officialy through iFollow, unless you can temporarily change your team to the away side, like you could on MP. Anyhow, can anyone confirm that you can get live coverage through VPN on the cheaper subscription?

Wow site this went technical all of a sudden, how do I know what type of subscription I have and what is a vpn?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Spidey
August 21, 2017, 7:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Are you sure, not according to SKY's live TV fixture list. It's Sheff. Utd v Leicester City.

I edited it before anyone noticed, or so I thought! Yep your right it's not on, though I'm sure that someone on here posted that it was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Spidey
August 21, 2017, 7:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Wow site this went technical all of a sudden, how do I know what type of subscription I have and what is a vpn?

A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a program that makes out that your internet connection is coming from a different country, so you can do loads of dodgy downloading without being caught! You can get free VPN's but they slow your internet down. I pay for mine. So if you make out that your from say Belgium, then you can watch Town away games live, as iFollow thinks that your in a different country, when your not!
I presume you'll be on the cheaper subscription, as I believe you can only pay for the season pass if you subscribed from abroad, and it wasn't available on Mariners Player which I'm guessing you had your subscription with, before it went over to iFollow.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Spidey
August 21, 2017, 7:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Found the original thread started by zorro_is_a_Mariner
It was originally on, but SKY changed the schedule!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
arryarryarry
August 21, 2017, 9:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Spidey

Found the original thread started by zorro_is_a_Mariner
It was originally on, but SKY changed the schedule!

No problem, just a bit too quick for you

If you don't mind me asking, what VPN do you use and how do you find using it?
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Swansea_Mariner
August 21, 2017, 10:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Spidey

A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a program that makes out that your internet connection is coming from a different country, so you can do loads of dodgy downloading without being caught! You can get free VPN's but they slow your internet down. I pay for mine. So if you make out that your from say Belgium, then you can watch Town away games live, as iFollow thinks that your in a different country, when your not!
I presume you'll be on the cheaper subscription, as I believe you can only pay for the season pass if you subscribed from abroad, and it wasn't available on Mariners Player which I'm guessing you had your subscription with, before it went over to iFollow.

Wow thanks that all make sense! I will give it a go!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
Spidey
August 21, 2017, 11:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

No problem, just a bit too quick for you

If you don't mind me asking, what VPN do you use and how do you find using it?

I use ExpressVPN it has great reviews. I use the app, really easy to use, I think you can use it on two devices at a time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
arryarryarry
August 22, 2017, 3:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Spidey

I use ExpressVPN it has great reviews. I use the app, really easy to use, I think you can use it on two devices at a time.

Thank you.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Live Coverage On iFollow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.