2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
chaos33
August 21, 2017, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Really unlucky for the player but this can't go on. It's no use to us whatsoever, the player just being perpetually injured. Agree that we need at least one more central midfielder and to get shut of those who are an absolute waste of money. Sounds harsh but we can't have it.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
jaygy
August 21, 2017, 7:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
I don't like making players redundant but now is about time to settle his contract somehow and wish him the best for the future, it's not like we have to reward his loyalty and support him getting fit again, he's hardly played since signing last summer and I doubt we'll get anything worthwhile out of him this season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
TheGoalKipper
August 21, 2017, 7:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Have the club said his season is over?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
fiveallive
August 21, 2017, 7:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Where very short in central midfield maybe somebody like Brandon Comley coming in on a one month loan deal just to get an extra body in and get somebody that would come back here again given the opportunity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
Davec
August 21, 2017, 7:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from fiveallive
Where very short in central midfield maybe somebody like Brandon Comley coming in on a one month loan deal just to get an extra body in and get somebody that would come back here again given the opportunity.

We can't do one month loans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
chaos33
August 21, 2017, 8:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Well, be that as it may, it's not what we need anyway. We don't need 'a body in''. We need a quality player or two or three, just like we do up front. We are short of quality players. We were last year. We have been in pre-season and we are now. That's the bottom line. You can't expect to challenge at the top of L2 without quality, so we will reap what we sow until we sort that out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
fiveallive
August 21, 2017, 8:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from chaos33
Well, be that as it may, it's not what we need anyway. We don't need 'a body in''. We need a quality player or two or three, just like we do up front. We are short of quality players. We were last year. We have been in pre-season and we are now. That's the bottom line. You can't expect to challenge at the top of L2 without quality, so we will reap what we sow until we sort that out.

What quality do you think Slade can bring in, he has a team of Free Transfers, Trialists and loans, what have seen of Dembele he's decent, i said before the season i would be happy with Mid Table finish, and i got a lot of red crosses because fans thought we would win the league.

When we got promoted we needed to keep hold of Hurst i wasn't a Hurst fan but if he got sacked or poached we would have a different manager who would want different players and that's the problem we have we Hurst signings, Bignot signings and now Slade signings. Sack Slade and it will be another set of players coming in. Jamey Osbourne is a big miss he's able to get us up the field from midfield he's what where missing in a three in midfield.

Slade is going to need a good couple of years to build a team of a full squad of players he wants, we need stability now with Slade because i don't want us to do a York and drop not just back to the CON but to CON North.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
jonnyboy82
August 21, 2017, 8:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I'm sure Marcus bignot has a couple of midfielders buried under the ponny,  dig them up.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
chaos33
August 21, 2017, 8:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Well I dint know, but I would imagine that our budget is probably about average or below for this league. Therefore, as I've stated before, we might expect to see a team who's overall quality is akin to league positions between 10-20th, and probably around 15th.

I don't think you can do L2 on the cheap. That's why we should probably expect to acquire some average to below average results.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
MuddyWaters
August 21, 2017, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from chaos33
Well I dint know, but I would imagine that our budget is probably about average or below for this league. Therefore, as I've stated before, we might expect to see a team who's overall quality is akin to league positions between 10-20th, and probably around 15th.

I don't think you can do L2 on the cheap. That's why we should probably expect to acquire some average to below average results.

I don't think you can either but it's not our opinion that counts!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sean McAllister

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.