lew chaterleys lover
August 21, 2017, 9:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from LH
This thread is evidence enough that you shouldn't invite any older people to it. That age group are so ungrateful.

I am sure the Fishy will accept your resignation when you reach, what shall we say, 60?

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
BarkerDan10
August 21, 2017, 1:32pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +202
You're entitled to your opinion and I welcome your comments. It's a very divided world we live in today, all I'm trying to do is bring people together through the game of football and create an environment where people from different ethnicities, genders or sexualities can come and enjoy the game and feel safe from prejudice. If that's such a crime then please have me arrested.

Perhaps I'm doing it all wrong, maybe I should form White Males United and have done with it.

Regardless, you're very much welcome to join us once our sessions commence.

Sailing In International Waters, my first book about Grimsby Town’s international players available from
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Saili.....589795010&sr=8-1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
friskneymariner
August 21, 2017, 2:06pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Obviously did not watch the programme no boys or girls,from day one baby girls and boys treated differently.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
friskneymariner
August 21, 2017, 2:08pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Don't worry some people are end the end of an evolutionary cul-de-sac.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
lew chaterleys lover
August 21, 2017, 2:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from BarkerDan10
You're entitled to your opinion and I welcome your comments. It's a very divided world we live in today, all I'm trying to do is bring people together through the game of football and create an environment where people from different ethnicities, genders or sexualities can come and enjoy the game and feel safe from prejudice. If that's such a crime then please have me arrested.

Perhaps I'm doing it all wrong, maybe I should form White Males United and have done with it.

Regardless, you're very much welcome to join us once our sessions commence.

I agree we all can have our own opinions, and as I have said it is good that you are taking the time and trouble trying to instigate something which is beneficial. Of course nobody will have any qualms about that.

Where we disagree is that in relation to a football kick about I don't think we are divided and are in need of feeling safe from prejudice.

I was born in a very different era and I appreciate it goes against the grain of todays world. We used to play with anyone who turned up at the local park. Young, old, good players and bad and it didn't matter one jot about anything else and I don't believe today's obsession with all the things you mentioned in your original post is making the situation any better.

That is all we disagree about, but I think your volunteering is very commendable.    
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
Grimal
August 21, 2017, 2:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from LH
This thread is evidence enough that you shouldn't invite any older people to it. That age group are so ungrateful.

Sorry LH but don't agree with your old age statement, I'm 70 and play Walking football down Bradley at least 3 sessions a week and various tournaments across the country and I'm very grateful there are these type of activities for people around my age, there's proof that older people appreciate these facilities, just ask the 130+ members at our Walking football Club. Personally I think Dan perhaps worded it incorrectly and should have stated "everyone welcome". Anyway It's great to see a young person giving his time to other like minded people that offer to give something to the community. if his venture takes off I will show my support and attend sessions when possible.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
BarkerDan10
August 21, 2017, 2:28pm
Shandy Drinker
You'll even be allowed to run Al!!

Sailing In International Waters, my first book about Grimsby Town’s international players available from
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
lew chaterleys lover
August 21, 2017, 2:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from friskneymariner
Obviously did not watch the programme no boys or girls,from day one baby girls and boys treated differently.

Your'e having a laugh surely!! Boys and girls treated differently? I wonder why that is?

You wont be happy till we are all gender neutral but despite the current fads I can confidently predict that boys and girls will always be different and will always be treated differently.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
Grimal
August 21, 2017, 2:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from BarkerDan10
You'll even be allowed to run Al!!

That's great then, I'll come to all your sessions. 70 yrs old and got pulled up 3 times in this mornings sessions for running. Not bothered though, it's good to know I can still run.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
BarkerDan10
August 21, 2017, 2:50pm
Shandy Drinker
Some harsh refereeing on show then Al, if I hadn't bee working this morning I'd have probably come down

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Football For All

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.