Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mariners Trust letter to Stevenage F.C.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

Mariners Trust letter to Stevenage F.C.

This thread currently has 27,699 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
August 20, 2017, 7:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Concern for women from the bloke talking about a female steward wanting fisting..........Nice concession of the moral high ground.

Good on the Trust. Sounds awful and way beyong anything approaching reasonable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 145
gaz57
August 20, 2017, 7:59pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
I'm sure a few Lawyers will be interested in what happened with the indecent behaviour towards the women and children.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 145
LH
August 20, 2017, 8:31pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,456
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Civvy at last

You arrogant tw@t.

Don't let one or two trolls lower your opinion of one of the best football forums around.

I would imagine the surprise is due to the low standard of PR we have come to expect from GTFC.  What people probably don't realise is that this letter is actually from the trust, not GTFC itself.

With my highest academic qualifications being two GCSEs at C grade I am in no position to ridicule people's intelligence and my post should be seen as tongue in cheek.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 145
MuddyWaters
August 20, 2017, 8:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Much as I applaud the letter for its' content and excellence, shouldn't the club itself have written to Stevenage? The SLO operates as an officer of GTFC not the Trust.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 145
barralad
August 20, 2017, 8:56pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Much as I applaud the letter for its' content and excellence, shouldn't the club itself have written to Stevenage? The SLO operates as an officer of GTFC not the Trust.

I and other Trust Board members not only witnessed the events but were approached by members complaining both inside and outside the ground. I think it is appropriate in the interests of representing our members that The Trust ran a complaint that can run parallel to anything done by the SLO and GTFC. Quite simply these sort of shenanigans have to be stamped out. The more organisations who can get involved the better.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 145
Kristine
August 20, 2017, 8:58pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Due to the scale and nature of what happened the trust have written this letter in addition to any SLO work rather than instead of.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 145
MuddyWaters
August 20, 2017, 9:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Kristine

Due to the scale and nature of what happened the trust have written this letter in addition to any SLO work rather than instead of.

Pleased to hear that - this continued aggression by opposition clubs to our fans based on the behaviour of a very small minority has to stop.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 145
HackneyHaddock
August 20, 2017, 9:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I've now submitted my email to Stevenage.  I think it's important to try to keep these things to our own observations, experiences and facts.  It's very tempting to get stuck in with opinions on what we've heard (much of it quite disgraceful) but I'm sure the Trust and the Club will collate feedback together.

Thanks to the Trust for sending this letter.  A good example of how they can act as an independent voice for the fans whilst still working in parallel with the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 145
Kristine
August 20, 2017, 9:11pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Pleased to hear that - this continued aggression by opposition clubs to our fans based on the behaviour of a very small minority has to stop.

Indeed it does and is one of the reasons I went up for FSF National Council election.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 145
MuddyWaters
August 20, 2017, 9:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I and other Trust Board members not only witnessed the events but were approached by members complaining both inside and outside the ground. I think it is appropriate in the interests of representing our members that The Trust ran a complaint that can run parallel to anything done by the SLO and GTFC. Quite simply these sort of shenanigans have to be stamped out. The more organisations who can get involved the better.

Thanks for clarifying Ian, had issues at Barnet last time I took my autistic son there - it has put him off going to away games.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 145
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Mariners Trust letter to Stevenage F.C.

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.