Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What would you like Slade to do?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 162 Guests

What would you like Slade to do?

This thread currently has 8,969 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
August 20, 2017, 10:05am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
What would you like Slade to do?

To put it bluntly, intercourse OFF

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 62
friskneymariner
August 20, 2017, 10:17am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Think it's offical now,altogether

'the king is in the altogether,the altogether,he's as naked as the day that he was born'.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 62
MuddyWaters
August 20, 2017, 10:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
What would I like Slade to do?

Go to the next board meeting and tell them that their current budget has allowed him to sign a crock of shite, that it's not Champ Manager and that they need to get their hands in their pockets. I don't buy all this bollox about getting players to come - they'll come if you pay them enough. We're in enough debt as it is due to signing wasters in the past - will we ever learn?
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 62
friskneymariner
August 20, 2017, 10:41am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
The only solace from yesterday debacle was it has woken up people from their zombie like adulation of Slade,funny though his most vociferous supporters and now his critics.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 62
lukeo
August 20, 2017, 10:45am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
It was only 10 minutes but If he plays 442 I think we'll play so much better even with this squad. We need 2 upfront. We need 2 quick players out wide to hit that byline.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 62
Mariner93er
August 20, 2017, 10:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
How do we even know it's the budget?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 62
Marinerz93
August 20, 2017, 11:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters
What would I like Slade to do?

Go to the next board meeting and tell them that their current budget has allowed him to sign a crock of shite, that it's not Champ Manager and that they need to get their hands in their pockets. I don't buy all this bollox about getting players to come - they'll come if you pay them enough. We're in enough debt as it is due to signing wasters in the past - will we FENTY ever learn?

Had to correct one part, also signing losers and cheap out on budget, especially after making a statement like next level. If we are to be proven wrong Slade and Wilkie have a hell of a job on their hands. Motivating the players after what we have just witnessed feels like the bad old days when players used to steal a living off us and look where that took us.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 62
MuddyWaters
August 20, 2017, 11:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Marinerz93

Had to correct one part, also signing losers and cheap out on budget, especially after making a statement like next level. If we are to be proven wrong Slade and Wilkie have a hell of a job on their hands. Motivating the players after what we have just witnessed feels like the bad old days when players used to steal a living off us and look where that took us.

Well quite. The thought of returning to the non-league fills me with dread and, with the squad we now have, I see us treading water at best this season.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 62
Hertsmariner
August 20, 2017, 11:24am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
Most interesting will be what he and PW actually do!
Firstly, I was encouraged to see both McAllister and Clifton in the squad yesterday and the former is much needed to cover and bring more coherence to the defensive quartet.
The loss of Jamey Osborne has been a huge blow to us IMO and we've not been able to replace his dynamism or creativity, though it is arguable that Dembele does just that and more besides. Indeed, perhaps Dembele should be brought into CM where he can weave his magic to receive from McAllister and drive forward to release runners to right and left and to 2 upfront (playing an isolated CF is looking pretty hopeless and I felt really sorry for Cardwell yesterday who was hopelessly outnumbered in any chase for the ball). But Dembele needs 'tickover' support in the middle, perhaps with Clements, Berrett or Rose (though I'd like to see Clifton given a chance to show what he can do). DJ has to start as an outright winger for me. He looks quick and elusive and may, like Dembele, be able to provide the ammunition for the front 2.
At present, we are struggling for coherence, can't keep the ball for long enough to put pressure on the opposition and these long balls upfield simply give opponents the opportunity to come straight back at us.
A couple of other points: we look very pedestrian in defence and maybe Kayleigh Osborne should be given his chance to impose some authority in the middle; also Jones looks very out of sorts and I'd agree with others that he should be in the front 2, playing off the shoulder. I also look forward to Asante winning his long battle with fitness-he may be transformative if he lives up to his billing.
Hence, Town still have some options but what is clear is that the present formation, and some of its players, are woefully short of what we need.
One thing is for sure, however, if the team can't entertain and make it worthwhile for me to make the 310 mile round trip to BP, I won't be bothering. Time is too precious at my age!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 62
Marinerz93
August 20, 2017, 11:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well quite. The thought of returning to the non-league fills me with dread and, with the squad we now have, I see us treading water at best this season.

I know most of us are having a reactionary feelings to what we have just witnessed and hopefully the reaction from fans will be the kick up the rear end some of them dearly needed after that gutless performance. They will need to turn it round and step up their performances otherwise they will feel the wrath of the fans, we should never go back to non league and should never accept anything less than 100% fight and commitment from the players, that should be ingrained into them as they sign.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What would you like Slade to do?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.