Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What would you like Slade to do?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 200 Guests

What would you like Slade to do?

This thread currently has 8,955 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
livosnose
August 19, 2017, 11:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
Kelly looks like that classic could be good but will always sh@t out of a tackle kind of player . Wetter than a kittens fart that boy , Bolarinwa has to get some game time now

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 62
GrimRob
August 19, 2017, 11:08pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I get what your saying but don't agree. Apart from reportedly England in Italia 90 it's very rare. They are professional footballers and should to a degree be able to adapt to what was in reality an "away set up".

We did rather well in Italia 90 though  

Maybe it's rare, it doesn't mean it's worth trying. I don't see what's wrong with having a group discussion.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 62
MuddyWaters
August 19, 2017, 11:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mariner_09
I did go, Hooper was poor but the service to him was utterly dire! Give him some genuine support and a couple of decent passes and he might be better, if he isn't any better, then forget it. I wouldn't have Kelly in there either. He was awful

I didn't go today but watched in horror last week when Hooper pulled out of a 50/50 challenge. We're not good enough to carry journeyman pros in our squad and there's already too many without playing any more.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 62
HackneyHaddock
August 19, 2017, 11:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Well there are lots of things he could and should do, but for the sake of keeping it simple and not making too many changes, I'd prioritise:

1)  Play with two strikers rather than one up front on his own

2)  Aim to play more with the ball on the ground and into feet:

specifically the feet of Dembele, Jones, DJ and Bolawinra, rather than playing long balls.

3)  Work on discipline and professionalism:  

Not only on keeping 11 men on the pitch, but on simple things like managing the referee better, going to ground when fouled to make sure we win those 50:50 free kicks, taking the pace out of the game when we're vulnerable so we can regroup.  Simple stuff that helps us at the margins so even if we're not playing well, the game doesn't run away from us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 62
denni266
August 20, 2017, 6:31am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Would like Slade to show us his trophy cabinet and trophys he has won playing hoofball
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 62
lukeo
August 20, 2017, 7:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
Admittedly he fed off scrapes but he was like a fat duck who didn't fancy any of it and just trotted about. Didn't put one challenge in and I can't remember him once really getting in the defences face.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 62
Mrs Doyle
August 20, 2017, 7:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from arryarryarry

I have to say I'm not impressed, also same with Collins, 2 poor back passes to day and neither seem to be commanding the box at corners.

Was disappointed when Pearson left but he would have been my choice over both of them.

Also felt Disley was well passed his best but even at his current level the midfielders today are not fit to lace his boots.

Absolutely thus far have not seen any evidence that Pearson and Dizza have been replaced by BETTER players which was the reason they were replaced.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 62
golfer
August 20, 2017, 8:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
Get a goalkeeper who can control his box-get 2 fullbacks who can defend,cover the centre backs and attack down the wings and get a good cross in -get centre backs who can stop attacks down the middle,cover the fullbacks and distribute the ball better. A midfield that can help the defense when needed,distribute balls to the wingers and through the channels and get forward to score the odd goal now and then. Wingers who can cross the ball to one of our players, can cover the fullbacks forward runs and have a shot now and then.  Strikers who can stay upfield and score goals.  You and Wilko buy " Tactics in Football " £19-99  at all good book shops
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 62
sydney
August 20, 2017, 9:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Agree with Golfer
We have quick wingers use them
Get Amond up front with Cardwell  both at least run and run
Sort out Jones
Get summer field to play with his head up and to stop pointing
Pray Mcallaister and Clements are better than what we have
And ask Pearson to come back 👍👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 62
Hagrid
August 20, 2017, 9:21am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 527
Put vernon in ice and get him back in the first 11 asap
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What would you like Slade to do?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.