4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
August 19, 2017, 9:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
We could have Podge back as he made himself "unavailable for selection" today for the monkey hangers, a move on the cards or just his true colors. As you would imagine he's getting crucified on social media etc

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 32
HertsGTFC
August 19, 2017, 9:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91
I would be going to teams higher up and looking at getting their youngsters in. Tyler Walker is still possibly going to go out on loan and he can't possibly be worse than Hooper. Loan in a left back as well and depending on how good Osborne turns out then maybe a young athletic centre back because right now we're too pedestrian.

I did expect Wilko's connections in the U23 game to bear more fruit to be honest. Dembelle and Jones apart we appeared to lack any form of desire .& spirit today.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
grimsby pete
August 19, 2017, 10:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I think Hooper used all his energy up impressing Slade while on trial,

So he was knacked  before he kicked a ball today,

Oh he did not kick the ball today did he ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
HertsGTFC
August 19, 2017, 10:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
I think Hooper used all his energy up impressing Slade while on trial,

So he was knacked  before he kicked a ball today,

Oh he did not kick the ball today did he ?

He should be put on trial for his 1st half today Pete

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
Bigdog
August 19, 2017, 10:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Explain the bit in bold?  as well as name 3 x "quality players" that you can get for £75K pa. In fact if they are a "quality player" they will be signed up somewhere else or we would need to pay a decent fee.

I get your frustration but I don't think it's as easy as it looks for lots of reasons.

If we do nothing and results don't improve it is reasonable to expect that gates would fall by 1k from the norm which would see a reduction in revenue of £300k.

Alternatively we could spend £300k (Bogle money) to invest in providing a better product, excite the fans and keep gates as expected or could even increase. £75k to pay off / loan out contracted players not good enough and invest £225k in better players. The new player cost could be wage contribution to high quality loan players or players realising they need a move to get game time as the season hasn't started how they'd expected. ie League One player on the bench moves to League Two club for same wages and game time.

The club does nothing and loses £300k in gate receipts.

The club spends £300k to invest in a better squad, keep gates high, more enjoyment for fans.

Lose £300k or spend £300k, same cash position. One results in poor product for fans, the other, progression and exciting product for fans and maybe increasing 1k in fans so no loss at all..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
Swansea_Mariner
August 19, 2017, 10:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
So we're back to paying players off again or loaning them out if we can find takers, but whose going to take them? We're just going round and round as a club.  

There is zero chance we are bringing in three players, it's never going to happen.  It's done we gotta grit our teeth and bear if it's bad and try and get through the season. Conversely this could just be a blip and things could improve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
promotion plaice
August 19, 2017, 10:10pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,994
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from HertsGTFC
We could have Podge back as he made himself "unavailable for selection" today for the monkey hangers, a move on the cards or just his true colors. As you would imagine he's getting crucified on social media etc

The Poolie Bunker -       http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61847&start=0

The best post for me was  ........

They, well mainly magnay, came over to us and was met with a chorus of 'you're shite' to which he replied 'you're right', I wanted to stay and listen in but had to run for the train. I did see him shake hands with some fans as I walked out though. Also saw franks talking to fans too

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
HertsGTFC
August 19, 2017, 10:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

If we do nothing and results don't improve it is reasonable to expect that gates would fall by 1k from the norm which would see a reduction in revenue of £300k.

Alternatively we could spend £300k (Bogle money) to invest in providing a better product, excite the fans and keep gates as expected or could even increase. £75k to pay off / loan out contracted players not good enough and invest £225k in better players. The new player cost could be wage contribution to high quality loan players or players realising they need a move to get game time as the season hasn't started how they'd expected. ie League One player on the bench moves to League Two club for same wages and game time.

The club does nothing and loses £300k in gate receipts.

The club spends £300k to invest in a better squad, keep gates high, more enjoyment for fans.

Lose £300k or spend £300k, same cash position. One results in poor product for fans, the other, progression and exciting product for fans and maybe increasing 1k in fans so no loss at all..

Get it now, I agree if we have money we need to use it

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
HertsGTFC
August 19, 2017, 10:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

The Poolie Bunker -       http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61847&start=0

The best post for me was  ........

They, well mainly magnay, came over to us and was met with a chorus of 'you're shite' to which he replied 'you're right', I wanted to stay and listen in but had to run for the train. I did see him shake hands with some fans as I walked out though. Also saw franks talking to fans too

What a difference a year makes

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
Bigdog
August 19, 2017, 10:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
So we're back to paying players off again or loaning them out if we can find takers, but whose going to take them? We're just going round and round as a club.  

There is zero chance we are bringing in three players, it's never going to happen.  It's done we gotta grit our teeth and bear if it's bad and try and get through the season. Conversely this could just be a blip and things could improve.

What do we do then? Keep them and pay them their full whack instead when they're no use to us at all on the pitch?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Transfer Window

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.