3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
August 19, 2017, 1:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Never seen the Chronicle not living locally but sounds like it's a shame it's gone

Was there an online version? I never went looking for one but maybe that's an avenue that Nigel could go down if he wants to keep his hand in what's going on in Cleethorpes and its surrounds?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 23
Mrs Doyle
August 19, 2017, 1:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Sad to hear of the demise of the Clee Chronicle always had good local knowledge by local people.

The Grimsby telegraph is awful it no longer as any ties to the town often gets stories mixed up and relies on second hand social media from the internet.

The web site is so full of intrusive advertising it is like a mine field trying to read any article the first hurdle is always that stupid survey that immediately hijacks the page which puts most peoples back up straight away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
friskneymariner
August 19, 2017, 2:22pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Both the Evening Telegraph  and the Echo. are dreadful full of errors and staff trainee  journalists who have no local knowledge or interest.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
ponnyfan
August 19, 2017, 3:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Lots of time for Nigel Lowther, a real gent and GTFC through and through. I will never forget him arranging a feature in the newspaper and bringing Justin Whittle to visit me in hospital, following my heart attack in 2008. Good luck for the future Nigel

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clee Chronicle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.