Grim74
August 22, 2017, 9:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Marinerz93

Unlike Mohammed Jesus didn't profit from his ideologies in fact he died for them, how was Jesus a Charlatan?

If there was such a man he must of been a narcissist! Maybe borderline crazy feeding his bullshit to the gullible to fuel his ego. Do you really think the Romans would of crucified a man that could turn water into wine?

You rightly mock the Muslims for their beliefs in Mohammad's miracles (fairytales) let's not forget over 2000 years later millions of people still believe Jesus walked on water and raised the dead just to mention a few miracles.

I try to respect people's beliefs but I won't shy away from criticising religion if asked my opinion, as it's all a load of nonsense formed to control primitive man and should always be open for criticism. But the problem we have in liberal Western Europe is that just one religion is not open for criticism... Islam!  And it's getting to the point of being a hate crime, even here in the UK they are talking about clamping down on religious hate crime (Islam) on social media and it won't be long before we are talking blasphemy laws.
What was that famous quote from Voltaire? 🤔

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 85
Marinerz93
August 22, 2017, 10:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from Grim74

If there was such a man he must of been a narcissist! Maybe borderline crazy feeding his bullshit to the gullible to fuel his ego. Do you really think the Romans would of crucified a man that could turn water into wine?

You rightly mock the Muslims for their beliefs in Mohammad's miracles (fairytales) let's not forget over 2000 years later millions of people still believe Jesus walked on water and raised the dead just to mention a few miracles.

I try to respect people's beliefs but I won't shy away from criticising religion if asked my opinion, as it's all a load of nonsense formed to control primitive man and should always be open for criticism. But the problem we have in liberal Western Europe is that just one religion is not open for criticism... Islam!  And it's getting to the point of being a hate crime, even here in the UK they are talking about clamping down on religious hate crime (Islam) on social media and it won't be long before we are talking blasphemy laws.
What was that famous quote from Voltaire? 🤔

I fully agree that any religion should be scrutinized and where criticisms are due they are given in full and I feel you are right when saying about blasphemy laws due to liberals hating free speech and jump on anything that doesn't fit their world view.

The Romans you say, didn't Nero play the fiddle while Rome burned, beware of the ides of March. Also the Romans soon abandoned their own Gods for the God Jesus was offering.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 85
Rick12
August 23, 2017, 8:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Marinerz93

At the core of all religions is to do good such as basic beliefs of Sikhism,

The Sikhs must believe in the following values: Equality: All humans are equal before God – no discrimination is allowed on the basis of caste, race, gender, creed, origin, color, education, status, wealth, et cetera. The principles of universal equality and brotherhood are important pillars of Sikhism.

Sikhism was founded in the Punjab region in India in the 15th century by Guru Nanak Dev. Sikhism broke from Hinduism due, in part, to its rejection of the caste system. So this shows that although an ideology is followed by some it can be changed for the better by those wishing to make their world a better place not just for them but for the many.
Agree completely. Sikhism is actually one of the religions I admire greatly.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 85
Rick12
August 23, 2017, 8:11am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Grim74

Thing is Grim I dont think Jesus went out to create a religion. It was mans later interpretation of his simple message that became the religion we know today as Christianity. He was just a Jewish preacher that was trying to do good in his society and got killed for it as the Romans saw him as a threat to their control

Great book on this which just looks at the facts from a historical perspective and which the BBC  done a series on fronted by the author himself  "a history of Christianity Diarmaid MacCulloch"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Christianity-First-Three-Thousand/dp/0141021896

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 85
Marinerz93
August 23, 2017, 11:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
More proof of how Islam tries to deceive people is the 1001 Muslim inventions, most of which is manipulaton of the person through how it is worded, with little in the way of real facts.

fact-or-fiction-1001-muslim-inventions-comes-j-christian-adams

There was a golden age of Islam where there were many discoveries between 800-1100, when the Muslim world was the beacon of innovation and triggered Europe's Renaissance and Enlightenment periods. but this stopped when islamic theologian, Abu Hamid Al Ghazali, who lived from 1055 to 1111, single-handedly steered Islamic culture away from independent scientific inquiry towards religious fundamentalism. In a remarkable intellectual shift, he concluded that falsafa (which literally means philosophy but included logic, mathematics and physics) was incompatible with Islam

There has hardly been any nobel prize winners from the Muslim world which is shocking considering there is over 1.6 Billion.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 85
Grim74
August 23, 2017, 5:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Quoted from Rick12
Thing is Grim I dont think Jesus went out to create a religion. It was mans later interpretation of his simple message that became the religion we know today as Christianity. He was just a Jewish preacher that was trying to do good in his society and got killed for it as the Romans saw him as a threat to their control

Great book on this which just looks at the facts from a historical perspective and which the BBC  done a series on fronted by the author himself  "a history of Christianity Diarmaid MacCulloch"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Christianity-First-Three-Thousand/dp/0141021896

Still on line to watch so will give it a go.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 85
barralad
August 23, 2017, 5:10pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Rick12
Agree completely. Sikhism is actually one of the religions I admire greatly.

Sikhism is the newest of the worlds great religions by some distance which may explain a more modern outlook. However I watched the recent T.V. programme on the Partition of India and a particularly harrowing tale of armed sikhs running riot around Amritsar killing any non-sikhs they could get their hands on.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 85
cmackenzie4
August 23, 2017, 5:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Good tele that Ian, I watched it last night.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 85
Rick12
August 23, 2017, 6:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Sikhism is the newest of the worlds great religions by some distance which may explain a more modern outlook. However I watched the recent T.V. programme on the Partition of India and a particularly harrowing tale of armed sikhs running riot around Amritsar killing any non-sikhs they could get their hands on.
Maybe but I doubt their founder Guru Nanak would of approved.A truly remarkable  spiritual  being I feel that preached good and following the divine/God which is what Sikhism is essentially about.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 85
Marinerz93
August 24, 2017, 12:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Amristar was retaliation for The Rawalpindi Massacre, I hope the program detailed that because it was Muslim aggression against Hindus and Sikhs that infuriated both the Hindus and Sikhs.

The Muslim League armed and transported it's followers so they were the initial aggressors, genocide followed as retaliation was carried out by most of the religions but rape particularly gang rape carried out by Muslims. On August 26, 1947, a group of Pakistani Baluchi soldiers killed around 10,000 non-Muslim civilians in Sheikhupura and raped girls and women so as to dishonor the whole community and to prove its inability to protect them. According to the Bangladesh authorities, the Pakistan army was also responsible for killing three million Bengalis and raping at least 200,000 East Pakistani women. The violence that accompanied partition marked women and women's bodies in particular ways. They were abducted, raped and defiled in a mass scale. The cruel madness of people gained momentum on female bodies. They cut off women’s breasts, and tattooed their bodies and their private parts with the religious symbols or Azzadi ka taufa (The gift of freedom ) " No doubt women were raped by Hindus but the extreme violence towards women came from Muslims with women committing suicide before they could be defiled or made sex slaves if captured by Muslims.

The genocide of Muslims by Hindus  was stopped because the mahatma gandhi in kolkata declared that he was not going eat anything nor take water until the genocide was stopped. This wasn't reciprocated by Muslims and they continued to attack any religious groups that weren't Muslim.

Private Message
Reply: 69 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bacelona

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.