Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Terrorists have struck again,

A van ploughs  into tourists in Las Ramblas

13 dead and 50 injured at the moment,

I have been to Barcelona several times and always go down Las Ramblas to see the human statues and for some grub,

Utter illegitimates doing another senseless act.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
August 17, 2017, 8:19pm

Exile
Now 80 injured they are saying.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 85
KingstonMariner
August 17, 2017, 8:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Awful. Must have been frightening in those packed crowds.

I'd have thought it would be reasonably easy to erect simple, elegant bollards around that pedestrian walkway that minimises the risk. I know you can't eradicate risk everywhere, but high profile areas like that.....

I don't think the acts are senseless Pete. Totally beyond the pale but not senseless. They're a massive force multiplier. Turning everyday objects into terror weapons. And the apparent randomness of the acts cause fear out of all proportion.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 85
Grim74
August 17, 2017, 9:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Religion of peace strikes again!

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 85
grimsby pete
August 17, 2017, 10:01pm

Exile
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Awful. Must have been frightening in those packed crowds.

I'd have thought it would be reasonably easy to erect simple, elegant bollards around that pedestrian walkway that minimises the risk. I know you can't eradicate risk everywhere, but high profile areas like that.....

I don't think the acts are senseless Pete. Totally beyond the pale but not senseless. They're a massive force multiplier. Turning everyday objects into terror weapons. And the apparent randomness of the acts cause fear out of all proportion.

They are senseless in the meaning that they will not win or prove anything mate,

Its just a waste of life that will not change anything,

We refuse to be give in to these cowards.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 85
grimsby pete
August 17, 2017, 10:06pm

Exile
Latest numbers are over 100 injured,

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 85
Grim74
August 17, 2017, 10:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

They are senseless in the meaning that they will not win or prove anything mate,

Its just a waste of life that will not change anything,

We refuse to be give in to these cowards.

You say that Pete but I wouldn't take my young children to any of the big city's in Western Europe, its thanks to our gutless appeasing leaders that we are now suffering cultural suicide, just look at London which now resembles a third world big City hell hole with imported acid attacks on the streets being the norm.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 85
Maringer
August 17, 2017, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Actually, we taught the Empire everything it needed to know about acid attacks. The Victorians were quite keen on chucking acid on people too, or so it appears:

https://www.economist.com/news.....s-gangs-acid-attacks

It was criminals doing it back then and it's criminals doing it now.

Anyway, back to Barcelona and yep, another case (I presume), of Islamist terrorism. Islamist, not Muslim. It's based on a religion but it's fundamentally a political stance so it has little to do with, say, the folks cooking curries in Cleethorpes marketplace at the moment who are of the Muslim persuasion. You'd be pretty daft to try and relate the hundreds of millions of law-abiding Muslims leaving peacefully in Western countries to terrorist atrocities such as this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 85
Grim74
August 17, 2017, 10:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Actually, we taught the Empire everything it needed to know about acid attacks. The Victorians were quite keen on chucking acid on people too, or so it appears:

https://www.economist.com/news.....s-gangs-acid-attacks

It was criminals doing it back then and it's criminals doing it now.

Anyway, back to Barcelona and yep, another case (I presume), of Islamist terrorism. Islamist, not Muslim. It's based on a religion but it's fundamentally a political stance so it has little to do with, say, the folks cooking curries in Cleethorpes marketplace at the moment who are of the Muslim persuasion. You'd be pretty daft to try and relate the hundreds of millions of law-abiding Muslims leaving peacefully in Western countries to terrorist atrocities such as this.

So you are trying to compare Victorian women to the imported barbarians on the streets of London today? What a clown we have had decades in modern 20th century Britain where acid attacks where not even a minor problem, where as in south east Asia it's the norm! But now after mass immigration thats turned London into a multicultural shithole, a place in England that doesnt even look English anymore we now have acid attacks on an epidemic scale.

They are Muslim you absolute bafoon they identify as Muslim and carry out these attacks in the footsteps of their warlord, its appeasers like you and your mate Corbyn who care more about feelings of the Muslims then the Muslim (terrorist) victims, denying the truth will only prolong the agony how long before the next one?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 85
mariner91
August 17, 2017, 11:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Grim74

You say that Pete but I wouldn't take my young children to any of the big city's in Western Europe, its thanks to our gutless appeasing leaders that we are now suffering cultural suicide, just look at London which now resembles a third world big City hell hole with imported acid attacks on the streets being the norm.

Nope, London's great. Too expensive but it's still a great place. You clearly pay too much attention to what Katie Hopkins has to say. The weird thing is, out all the Brits who say what a shithole London is, none of them seem to live here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 85
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bacelona

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.