2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Freemoash88
August 12, 2017, 7:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Sorry to bring it up again but the atmosphere at home is totally excrement. I'm not sure what it sounds like in pontoon or how loud they think they sound but in the upper it sound absolutely shocking. Please don't think I've come on here to knock peoples efforts I respect that lot of people try to get something going. But at times it became cringe worthy to say the least. I will add every now and again the whole "Mariners" chant and "fish" chant sounds good but even the Coventry fans started to mock us.

Our away day atmosphere is amazing and I know away days for town have always been better than home games but surely we should try organise it better especially at home games.

tl:dr atmosphere at home is excrement, I'm not slating anybody and take my hat off to those that try. how can we make it better..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rhys_Mariners
August 12, 2017, 7:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +174
Gold Stars: 4
It's not just us though, having gone to most away games over the past two seasons i have started to realise away support is just much louder than the home fans at any ground. It's the same in any league also, just look at Arsenal, emirates is like a library yet their away support is fantastic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
fleabag1970
August 12, 2017, 7:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
The football on offer today was shocking . Nothing to get an atmosphere going

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
Tommy
August 12, 2017, 7:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Away fans will out-sing the home support at every football ground in the league generally.

At home, the atmosphere depends on what's going on on the pitch. And today we had no spells of possession and we didn't have any period where we had them pinned back or created chances.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
Teesknees
August 12, 2017, 8:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Freemoash88
Sorry to bring it up again but the atmosphere at home is totally excrement. I'm not sure what it sounds like in pontoon or how loud they think they sound but in the upper it sound absolutely shocking. Please don't think I've come on here to knock peoples efforts I respect that lot of people try to get something going. But at times it became cringe worthy to say the least. I will add every now and again the whole "Mariners" chant and "fish" chant sounds good but even the Coventry fans started to mock us.

Our away day atmosphere is amazing and I know away days for town have always been better than home games but surely we should try organise it better especially at home games.

tl:dr atmosphere at home is excrement, I'm not slating anybody and take my hat off to those that try. how can we make it better..

Away days have not always been better than home games,  that's not always been the case!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
arryarryarry
August 13, 2017, 3:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,944
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Freemoash88

I think if you went to most grounds and the football on offer was the same as yesterday then I think you would find the atmosphere crap.(Chesterfield fans last week)

It pisses me off when people come on here and complain about Town fans especially considering what we have had to put up with the last 10 years or so.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
Gaffer58
August 13, 2017, 3:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
I would say that the majority of fans around the country would say that they are louder, sing more when they are away than at home, it's not just a Grimsby thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
grimsby pete
August 13, 2017, 3:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
52,000 Newcastle fans did not make much noise today.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
NorthseaMariner
August 13, 2017, 4:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
On away days you're all on a day out, all like minded and trying to help your team, coupled with all being bunched together. The atmosphere is bound to be better. Whereas at home the noisy element is scattered around the ground and generally need something on the pitch to fire everyone up.
That's my opinion for what it's worth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
Mrs Doyle
August 13, 2017, 4:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
It makes a big difference when the away support are all housed in one area have all gone there with high expectation and to show people who we are although this can back fire like it did at Halifax that day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › atmosphere

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.