Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I tried to spend money.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 390 Guests

I tried to spend money.

This thread currently has 7,920 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
August 12, 2017, 7:22pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Had a strange experience today and I'm sure I'm not being unreasonable.
Not having a season ticket for a few years due to shift work I got one last season after retirement.
I got a letter from the club saying they noticed I hadn't renewed and if I wanted I could still renew at the early bird price, if not I could produce the letter and have a ticket for todays game for twelve notes.
Having commitments for a few months I thought I'd be best off with a half season ticket later so took them up on the twelve note offer.
Sitting in the Upper I'm mulling it over and as a mate said, I'd be guaranteed a seat so I thought sod it, I'll get one.
We're one down and to be honest I couldn't see us coming back, needing the loo I jokingly said I'd miss the equaliser.
Sure enough, just zipped up and there's a huge roar, but as we know, them not us.
A few minutes in the bar and I'm thinking beat the rush, go get the Stevenage tickets and also pay for a Season ticket.
The office / shop's shut, lights off, doors locked with no one in sight.
Now this is bare minutes before the end so I ask the steward on the Ponny gate about the shop but He's no idea.
I go back, rattle the door and there's a lady vacuuming who tells me the office will be open after the match as the staff are watching the game!!
Just didn't seem very professional to me, in fact I was seething.

So now I've got time to have another think about a purchase.

Logged Offline
Private Message
LH
August 12, 2017, 7:26pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Good that the staff are all keen to watch Town though isn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
barralad
August 12, 2017, 7:30pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Not having a season ticket for a few years due to shift work I got one last season after retirement.
I got a letter from the club saying they noticed I hadn't renewed and if I wanted I could still renew at the early bird price, if not I could produce the letter and have a ticket for todays game for twelve notes.
Having commitments for a few months I thought I'd be best off with a half season ticket later so took them up on the twelve note offer.
Sitting in the Upper I'm mulling it over and as a mate said, I'd be guaranteed a seat so I thought sod it, I'll get one.
We're one down and to be honest I couldn't see us coming back, needing the loo I jokingly said I'd miss the equaliser.
Sure enough, just zipped up and there's a huge roar, but as we know, them not us.
A few minutes in the bar and I'm thinking beat the rush, go get the Stevenage tickets and also pay for a Season ticket.
Now this is bare minutes before the end so I ask the steward on the Ponny gate about the shop but He's no idea.
I go back, rattle the door and there's a lady vacuuming who tells me the office will be open after the match as the staff are watching the game!!

As far as I know the staff have always watched the game. I understand your point but I'm not sure how much demand there is for tickets whilst the game is on? To be honest I cannot see anything unprofessional about it.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
Mariner Ronnie
August 12, 2017, 7:45pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
To be honest though scuntland we had an issue with what you said above with the guiseley tickets two seasons back. People were leaving the game early to get to the front of the queue and were getting served earlier than the people that stayed to the full time whistle, I was "seething" at that.

On a separate note scuntland, I managed to get Hamburg tickets against Dortmund in September. Buzzing! (Town don't have a game that week) 😬

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
GYinScuntland
August 12, 2017, 8:08pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
To be honest though scuntland we had an issue with what you said above with the guiseley tickets two seasons back. People were leaving the game early to get to the front of the queue and were getting served earlier than the people that stayed to the full time whistle, I was "seething" at that.

On a separate note scuntland, I managed to get Hamburg tickets against Dortmund in September. Buzzing! (Town don't have a game that week) 😬

The Wednesday night game? You'll enjoy it.
We fly out Tuesday and back Thursday.
Then back on the 29th for Werder Bremen so I'll miss Town tonking the six fingered, carrot crunching, sister fiddlers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
Mariner Ronnie
August 12, 2017, 8:10pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker

The Wednesday night game? You'll enjoy it.
We fly out Tuesday and back Thursday.
Then back on the 29th for Werder Bremen so I'll miss Town tonking the six fingered, carrot crunching, sister fiddlers.

Yeah Wednesday mate, weren't cheap mind, after fees they were £108 each for the nord stand.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
wigworld
August 12, 2017, 8:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29

Do they get paid extra for having to suffer that?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 52
SteffiMariner
August 12, 2017, 8:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19

I cannot see any issue here at all, the staff have always watched the game. Or is this just trying to find another stick to beat the club with?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
GYinScuntland
August 12, 2017, 8:17pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from SteffiMariner

I cannot see any issue here at all, the staff have always watched the game. Or is this just trying to find another stick to beat the club with?

FFS!
Yeah, someone who's followed the club since a nipper and wants to batter them at any occasion.
cheers for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
jonnyboy82
August 12, 2017, 8:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Sack em all.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
GYinScuntland
August 12, 2017, 9:06pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Yeah Wednesday mate, weren't cheap mind, after fees they were £108 each for the nord stand.

You did well to get in there.
We always go the lower side and pay up to 85 euros depending on the category, Dortmund being a top one.
It's a bit of a myth that German footy is cheaper, it can be, the HSV standing season tickets can be bought for a couple of hundred euros BUT the waiting list for the 10,000 is longer than a really long thing from number one long street in longshire.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 52
HertsGTFC
August 12, 2017, 11:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from barralad

As far as I know the staff have always watched the game. I understand your point but I'm not sure how much demand there is for tickets whilst the game is on? To be honest I cannot see anything unprofessional about it.

Well your blind then Ian, our ticket office is an unprofessional shambles. I was in there today at about 1pm when it was getting busy, a few people in the queue and 3 serving, it got busier and when it came to my turn one very experienced long standing colleague who was one of the three serving looked up at me then walked to the back of the office in and fiddled with a few papers rather than dealing with the queue. Plus have a look behind the counter it's an untidy sh1t hole rather than a professional football club ticketing operation someone needs to remind Steve that we are not tin pot anymore as his operation and office often is.

And then............................. 1.05 pm little lad comes in with his dad who asked the lady behind the shop counter if he can have Vernon  printed on the back of his new kid shirt  and received the reply of "we don't print after 12 o'clock as it's too busy" dad points out "I did call to check and the lady on the phone said it would be o.k" lady behind the counter replies " she should have not said that as its not right but I'll do it this once", poor poor customer service that and similar to our service policy which usually falls under a "jobs worth" heading,  .

We are rubbish at anything associated with service, retail and customer service at this club and have been for years.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
barralad
August 13, 2017, 6:59am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Well your blind then Ian, our ticket office is an unprofessional shambles. I was in there today at about 1pm when it was getting busy, a few people in the queue and 3 serving, it got busier and when it came to my turn one very experienced long standing colleague who was one of the three serving looked up at me then walked to the back of the office in and fiddled with a few papers rather than dealing with the queue. Plus have a look behind the counter it's an untidy sh1t hole rather than a professional football club ticketing operation someone needs to remind Steve that we are not tin pot anymore as his operation and office often is.

And then............................. 1.05 pm little lad comes in with his dad who asked the lady behind the shop counter if he can have Vernon  printed on the back of his new kid shirt  and received the reply of "we don't print after 12 o'clock as it's too busy" dad points out "I did call to check and the lady on the phone said it would be o.k" lady behind the counter replies " she should have not said that as its not right but I'll do it this once", poor poor customer service that and similar to our service policy which usually falls under a "jobs worth" heading,  .

We are rubbish at anything associated with service, retail and customer service at this club and have been for years.

I was referring to the view that it was somehow unprofessional not  to have a presence in the shop during the game.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 52
HertsGTFC
August 13, 2017, 11:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I was referring to the view that it was somehow unprofessional not  to have a presence in the shop during the game.

Who answers the phone when the office is empty?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 52
arryarryarry
August 13, 2017, 11:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Don't the staff watch the game on TV as far as I know it is transmitted live around the ground.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 52
Ipswin
August 13, 2017, 12:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

You did well to get in there.
We always go the lower side and pay up to 85 euros depending on the category, Dortmund being a top one.
It's a bit of a myth that German footy is cheaper, it can be, the HSV standing season tickets can be bought for a couple of hundred euros BUT the waiting list for the 10,000 is longer than a really long thing from number one long street in longshire.

Ajax v Vitesse for me on Sept 24th Goods seats in a central block in the upper tier 35 euros each

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
lukeo
August 13, 2017, 12:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Club shops gone down hill since Fiona left
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
bluerose13x
August 13, 2017, 1:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Guy with a season ticket who sits near me was telling me yesterday he went into the ticket office with his young son who goes occasionally to buy a child ticket. No was the answer and your way too old for a child ticket, the guy said he explained he was a ST holder, and was buying a child ticket for his 5 year old son he had picked up who was dressed in town shirt etc. No came the reply again, your far too old.

The guy moved down the counter and spoke to another member of staff who actually had a brain cell and got served straight away with no fuss with a child ticket.

And I'm sure the ticket office still have the window counters facing the carpark/outside. Whilst the match is on I can kind of understand having the shop/ticket office locked up - can unfortunately see chucked out/refused entry idiots having a go at female/office staff and stewards are required in the ground instead of guarding the office. Would have thought maintain a presence in the office using the window counters if they are still there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 52
barralad
August 13, 2017, 2:06pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Who answers the phone when the office is empty?

On that basis perhaps GTFC should man the office 24/7 FFS.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
Mariner Ronnie
August 13, 2017, 2:23pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Ajax v Vitesse for me on Sept 24th Goods seats in a central block in the upper tier 35 euros each

Could've done hertha v Leverkusen on the same day (20th) for 15€ on the gate, though that doesn't ever seem to sell out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
Ipswin
August 13, 2017, 2:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I enquired about Ajax v Feynoord and Feynoord v Ajax tickets - they are still laughing!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
HertsGTFC
August 13, 2017, 2:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

On that basis perhaps GTFC should man the office 24/7 FFS.

Or invest in an answering machine? Simple solutions appear to be beyond our commercial function still

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
pontoonlew
August 13, 2017, 2:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,994
Gold Stars: 171
Has a thread moaning about the club shop not being open DURING the game actually reached 3 pages?

I've a solution, watch the game and support the team for 90 mins. The club shop could be hosting orgies 3-5pm on match days for all I care.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
tarka
August 13, 2017, 3:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Quoted from pontoonlew
Has a thread moaning about the club shop not being open DURING the game actually reached 3 pages?

I've a solution, watch the game and support the team for 90 mins. The club shop could be hosting orgies 3-5pm on match days for all I care.

Quite right! They are fans,(they go to the away games aswell) and if anyone has a problem speak to Lisa about it - I can't believe this has lasted 3 pages either to be honest!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
mariner91
August 13, 2017, 3:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,625
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from pontoonlew

I don't think I'd be watching the match if they were.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
bluerose13x
August 13, 2017, 4:06pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Are the ticket office staff being paid from 3-5pm ? To watch the match?

Why don't we go the Mighty Mariner way...instead of paying a person to perform as mascot each match, get a fan to pay to do it - Lets have a fan gain the full matchday experience in the ticket office by paying to work in the office 3-5pm reconciling match accounts/ticket sales/ till receipts/cash/tidying up so it doesn't look a complete main stand sh!tehouse and be there for the remote possibility that somebody wants something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
toontown
August 13, 2017, 4:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,269
Gold Stars: 70
Don't think there is any need for ticket office to be manned whilst the match is on. Pointless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
Davec
August 13, 2017, 4:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Or invest in an answering machine? Simple solutions appear to be beyond our commercial function still

Barralad won't comment now, he goes hiding when people criticise the club and they actually have a point.

In my opinion it's common knowledge that the club are so not organised when it comes to tickets and customer service. Phones ring out with no answer machine to pick them up, it's unprofessional, even small things like an untidy desk or office staff sat in the background tapping away on their mobile phones, dirty mugs left out in view of the public, office staff having their own personal conversations in front of customers. Little things like this really does not set a professional example.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
tarka
August 13, 2017, 4:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Quoted from Davec

Barralad won't comment now, he goes hiding when people criticise the club and they actually have a point.

In my opinion it's common knowledge that the club are so not organised when it comes to tickets and customer service. Phones ring out with no answer machine to pick them up, it's unprofessional, even small things like an untidy desk or office staff sat in the background tapping away on their mobile phones, dirty mugs left out in view of the public, office staff having their own personal conversations in front of customers. Little things like this really does not set a professional example.

He doesn't go hiding - he just can't be bothered to answer you. Yes, let's stop all hot drinks in the ticket office!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
Davec
August 13, 2017, 4:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from tarka

He doesn't go hiding - he just can't be bothered to answer you. Yes, let's stop all hot drinks in the ticket office!

I'm not saying stop all hot drinks, I'm simply saying when the mugs aren't being drank from don't have them on a tray in full view of customers. In my opinion it's basic etiquette.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
ginnywings
August 13, 2017, 5:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
We could always bring back the days when you queued at the turnstyle and paid your 10 bob to get in.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
GYinScuntland
August 13, 2017, 5:08pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
We could always bring back the days when you queued at the turnstyle and paid your 10 bob to get in.  

Yes please!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
promotion plaice
August 13, 2017, 5:08pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

I've always found the ticket office staff very helpful and professional, trying to get them to answer the phone is another matter though.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
barralad
August 13, 2017, 5:09pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Davec

Now then Aaron none of what you say has anything to do with the original post which talked about the "unprofessionalism" of not having the shop/office opened during the match does it? There are ways and means of venting your dissatisfaction with the workings of the office. Might I venture to suggest that posting on a football forum probably isn't the best way to get a satisfactory outcome.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
lukeo
August 13, 2017, 7:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
What normal Grimsby fan will be at the stadium but not In the stands when the game is on?
In regards the club shop, I get in their once or twice a year when I come up to Grimsby and have never had a problem yet if I'm completely honest. But accept after reading things on here that maybe some people are to comfortable in their job and they need a little reminder a bit of professionalism is needed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
GYinScuntland
August 13, 2017, 8:33pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
What normal Grimsby fan will be at the stadium but not In the stands when the game is on?
In regards the club shop, I get in their once or twice a year when I come up to Grimsby and have never had a problem yet if I'm completely honest. But accept after reading things on here that maybe some people are to comfortable in their job and they need a little reminder a bit of professionalism is needed.

My dad dragged me to the doctors when I first started supporting them in 72 thinking I was a bit odd, he told my dad I would grow out of it but I never did.
Seriously though, we were two down with bare minutes to go and I wanted a season ticket and two Stevenage ones.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
LH
August 13, 2017, 8:58pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Why are we selling Stevenage season tickets at BP?
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
lukeo
August 13, 2017, 9:19pm
Season Ticket Holder
Leon everytime I giggle at a daft reply your username is popping up way to much for my liking!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
August 14, 2017, 4:05pm
Guest User
I think it's commendable the staff are watching the game. I'm sure they are all straight back in the office when the final whistle goes, probably just before. The majority, if not all of them are Town fans. In my experience, they could not be more helpful, I've forgotten my season ticket before, I had a coat with a broken zip last season - both the ticketing and club shop side could not have done any more.

Particularly the time leading up to and immediately after the game, they are under pressure to be polite, courteous, give their customers time but still get the queue down as efficiently as possible. They do a great job, the original poster should have stayed to the end and got behind the lads (although I must admit I could only stand 87 minutes last Saturday!).
Reply: 38 - 52
gtfc98
August 14, 2017, 4:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from 75
I think it's commendable the staff are watching the game. I'm sure they are all straight back in the office when the final whistle goes, probably just before. The majority, if not all of them are Town fans. In my experience, they could not be more helpful, I've forgotten my season ticket before, I had a coat with a broken zip last season - both the ticketing and club shop side could not have done any more.

Particularly the time leading up to and immediately after the game, they are under pressure to be polite, courteous, give their customers time but still get the queue down as efficiently as possible. They do a great job, the original poster should have stayed to the end and got behind the lads (although I must admit I could only stand 87 minutes last Saturday!).

well said mate.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
Grumps
August 14, 2017, 5:03pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +357
I can only speak from my own experience but I have been both in the shop and ticketing office quite a number of occasions and all the staff have been brilliant and sorted out my queries and problems very quickly and professionally whilst also having a general chat and being friendly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
GYinScuntland
August 14, 2017, 5:57pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 75

I do usually suffer to the end with everyone else but a peanut bladder and 58 year old prostate meant a trip to the bogs, seemed senseless going back up to the upper so didn't see the harm in catching the last few minutes in the bar and nipping out early to the shop / office.
Yeah, my original post was a whinge but was meant as constructive criticism.
All the time I was working the mantra was the job's manned up all the time as an unattended to customer was a potential lost customer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
August 14, 2017, 7:08pm
Guest User

I do usually suffer to the end with everyone else but a peanut bladder and 58 year old prostate meant a trip to the bogs, seemed senseless going back up to the upper so didn't see the harm in catching the last few minutes in the bar and nipping out early to the shop / office.
Yeah, my original post was a whinge but was meant as constructive criticism.
All the time I was working the mantra was the job's manned up all the time as an unattended to customer was a potential lost customer.

Fair one mate.
Reply: 42 - 52
MarinerWY
August 14, 2017, 9:38pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Like others have said, I'm very pleased our ticket office staff watch the game. With GTFC I've always had the impression that everyone, from the director to the bar staff, are town through and through.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
grimsby pete
August 14, 2017, 11:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
If there were only a few minutes to  the end of the game,

Why did you not just wait a few minutes ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
GYinScuntland
August 14, 2017, 11:31pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
If there were only a few minutes to  the end of the game,

Why did you not just wait a few minutes ?

Prostate and peanut bladder Pete. FFS. Sorry for being old and embarrassed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
grimsby pete
August 14, 2017, 11:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222

Prostate and peanut bladder Pete. FFS. Sorry for being old and embarrassed.

Being an old git myself I can understand your problem

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
brigg_mariner
August 15, 2017, 8:55am

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
Currently the facts are:

• We are a lower league two club. (Currently)
  • We have an outdated stadium.
  • We have an outdated ticket office and club shop.
  • We have an outdated system both in the ticket office and online.
  • The ticket office staff work tirelessly during the season, they are all GTFC fans.
  • We will not progress in any of the above if us as paying supporters winge and whine about everything from tickets to burgers and beer.
  • Get behind the club, the team and the staff, we showed during the promotion season and Operation Promotion what great fans we can be.

Sorry for the rant, I don't post on here very often but I feel like some fans need to realise who we are, where we have been and where we are now.

UTM

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
nickmariners
August 15, 2017, 10:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +513
Gold Stars: 4
[quote=122237] Davec

A word for the defence, m'luds.

1) Barralad does not work for the club.  He volunteers for the Trust -- but it's not much short of a full-time commitment from him, and he strives to improve the supporter experience.  Look at the Trust bars for example.
2) Barralad is usually very realistic (except about politics) regarding the club's situation, and he is courteous to a fault; chucking out random insults is not his thing and "hiding" is not in his DNA.
3) Remind us Aaron what extra it is that you do for the club that gives you the right to be so judgmental about someone who gives a darn sight more of his time to the Mariners than most of us would care to? Very rude.

Case rested.

--------------
Founder Member Barralad Fan Club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
Mariner Ronnie
August 15, 2017, 12:48pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from nickmariners
[quote=122237] Davec

Barralad won't comment now, he goes hiding when people criticise the club and they actually have a point

1) Barralad does not work for the club.  He volunteers for the Trust -- but it's not much short of a full-time commitment from him, and he strives to improve the supporter experience.  Look at the Trust bars for example.
2) Barralad is usually very realistic (except about politics) regarding the club's situation, and he is courteous to a fault; chucking out random insults is not his thing and "hiding" is not in his DNA.
3) Remind us Aaron what extra it is that you do for the club that gives you the right to be so judgmental about someone who gives a darn sight more of his time to the Mariners than most of us would care to? Very rude.

Case rested.

--------------
Founder Member Barralad Fan Club

This
The bit in bold, this times a million.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
August 15, 2017, 2:40pm
Guest User
I went to a shop once.....and found it was shut. Decided the best thing to do was go back at a time it was open.

Haven't mentioned it before, because I didn't think it was interesting enough to warrant a 5 page Fishy thread.
Looks like I was wrong!  

*** edit: 6 page thread ***
Reply: 50 - 52
barralad
August 15, 2017, 3:33pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from nickmariners
[quote=122237] Davec

Case rested.

--------------
Founder ONLY Member Barralad Fan Club

Amended for the sake of truth

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 52
Kristine
August 15, 2017, 7:14pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Now you're being modest Barra!  I've joined just waiting on the certificate

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I tried to spend money.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.