Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I tried to spend money.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 359 Guests

I tried to spend money.

This thread currently has 7,919 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Grumps
August 14, 2017, 5:03pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +357
I can only speak from my own experience but I have been both in the shop and ticketing office quite a number of occasions and all the staff have been brilliant and sorted out my queries and problems very quickly and professionally whilst also having a general chat and being friendly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
GYinScuntland
August 14, 2017, 5:57pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from 75
I think it's commendable the staff are watching the game. I'm sure they are all straight back in the office when the final whistle goes, probably just before. The majority, if not all of them are Town fans. In my experience, they could not be more helpful, I've forgotten my season ticket before, I had a coat with a broken zip last season - both the ticketing and club shop side could not have done any more.

Particularly the time leading up to and immediately after the game, they are under pressure to be polite, courteous, give their customers time but still get the queue down as efficiently as possible. They do a great job, the original poster should have stayed to the end and got behind the lads (although I must admit I could only stand 87 minutes last Saturday!).

I do usually suffer to the end with everyone else but a peanut bladder and 58 year old prostate meant a trip to the bogs, seemed senseless going back up to the upper so didn't see the harm in catching the last few minutes in the bar and nipping out early to the shop / office.
Yeah, my original post was a whinge but was meant as constructive criticism.
All the time I was working the mantra was the job's manned up all the time as an unattended to customer was a potential lost customer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
August 14, 2017, 7:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I do usually suffer to the end with everyone else but a peanut bladder and 58 year old prostate meant a trip to the bogs, seemed senseless going back up to the upper so didn't see the harm in catching the last few minutes in the bar and nipping out early to the shop / office.
Yeah, my original post was a whinge but was meant as constructive criticism.
All the time I was working the mantra was the job's manned up all the time as an unattended to customer was a potential lost customer.

Fair one mate.
Reply: 42 - 52
MarinerWY
August 14, 2017, 9:38pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Like others have said, I'm very pleased our ticket office staff watch the game. With GTFC I've always had the impression that everyone, from the director to the bar staff, are town through and through.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
grimsby pete
August 14, 2017, 11:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
If there were only a few minutes to  the end of the game,

Why did you not just wait a few minutes ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
GYinScuntland
August 14, 2017, 11:31pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from grimsby pete
If there were only a few minutes to  the end of the game,

Why did you not just wait a few minutes ?

Prostate and peanut bladder Pete. FFS. Sorry for being old and embarrassed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
grimsby pete
August 14, 2017, 11:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Prostate and peanut bladder Pete. FFS. Sorry for being old and embarrassed.

Being an old git myself I can understand your problem

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
brigg_mariner
August 15, 2017, 8:55am

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
Currently the facts are:

• We are a lower league two club. (Currently)
  • We have an outdated stadium.
  • We have an outdated ticket office and club shop.
  • We have an outdated system both in the ticket office and online.
  • The ticket office staff work tirelessly during the season, they are all GTFC fans.
  • We will not progress in any of the above if us as paying supporters winge and whine about everything from tickets to burgers and beer.
  • Get behind the club, the team and the staff, we showed during the promotion season and Operation Promotion what great fans we can be.

Sorry for the rant, I don't post on here very often but I feel like some fans need to realise who we are, where we have been and where we are now.

UTM

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
nickmariners
August 15, 2017, 10:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +513
Gold Stars: 4
[quote=122237] Davec

Barralad won't comment now, he goes hiding when people criticise the club and they actually have a point.

A word for the defence, m'luds.

1) Barralad does not work for the club.  He volunteers for the Trust -- but it's not much short of a full-time commitment from him, and he strives to improve the supporter experience.  Look at the Trust bars for example.
2) Barralad is usually very realistic (except about politics) regarding the club's situation, and he is courteous to a fault; chucking out random insults is not his thing and "hiding" is not in his DNA.
3) Remind us Aaron what extra it is that you do for the club that gives you the right to be so judgmental about someone who gives a darn sight more of his time to the Mariners than most of us would care to? Very rude.

Case rested.

--------------
Founder Member Barralad Fan Club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
Mariner Ronnie
August 15, 2017, 12:48pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from nickmariners
[quote=122237] Davec

Barralad won't comment now, he goes hiding when people criticise the club and they actually have a point

A word for the defence, m'luds.

1) Barralad does not work for the club.  He volunteers for the Trust -- but it's not much short of a full-time commitment from him, and he strives to improve the supporter experience.  Look at the Trust bars for example.
2) Barralad is usually very realistic (except about politics) regarding the club's situation, and he is courteous to a fault; chucking out random insults is not his thing and "hiding" is not in his DNA.
3) Remind us Aaron what extra it is that you do for the club that gives you the right to be so judgmental about someone who gives a darn sight more of his time to the Mariners than most of us would care to? Very rude.

Case rested.

--------------
Founder Member Barralad Fan Club

This
The bit in bold, this times a million.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I tried to spend money.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.