Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I tried to spend money.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 345 Guests

I tried to spend money.

This thread currently has 7,921 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 13, 2017, 5:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,109
Gold Stars: 548
We could always bring back the days when you queued at the turnstyle and paid your 10 bob to get in.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
GYinScuntland
August 13, 2017, 5:08pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from ginnywings
We could always bring back the days when you queued at the turnstyle and paid your 10 bob to get in.  

Yes please!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
promotion plaice
August 13, 2017, 5:08pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

I've always found the ticket office staff very helpful and professional, trying to get them to answer the phone is another matter though.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
barralad
August 13, 2017, 5:09pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Davec

Barralad won't comment now, he goes hiding when people criticise the club and they actually have a point.

In my opinion it's common knowledge that the club are so not organised when it comes to tickets and customer service. Phones ring out with no answer machine to pick them up, it's unprofessional, even small things like an untidy desk or office staff sat in the background tapping away on their mobile phones, dirty mugs left out in view of the public, office staff having their own personal conversations in front of customers. Little things like this really does not set a professional example.

Now then Aaron none of what you say has anything to do with the original post which talked about the "unprofessionalism" of not having the shop/office opened during the match does it? There are ways and means of venting your dissatisfaction with the workings of the office. Might I venture to suggest that posting on a football forum probably isn't the best way to get a satisfactory outcome.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
lukeo
August 13, 2017, 7:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
What normal Grimsby fan will be at the stadium but not In the stands when the game is on?
In regards the club shop, I get in their once or twice a year when I come up to Grimsby and have never had a problem yet if I'm completely honest. But accept after reading things on here that maybe some people are to comfortable in their job and they need a little reminder a bit of professionalism is needed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
GYinScuntland
August 13, 2017, 8:33pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from lukeo
What normal Grimsby fan will be at the stadium but not In the stands when the game is on?
In regards the club shop, I get in their once or twice a year when I come up to Grimsby and have never had a problem yet if I'm completely honest. But accept after reading things on here that maybe some people are to comfortable in their job and they need a little reminder a bit of professionalism is needed.

My dad dragged me to the doctors when I first started supporting them in 72 thinking I was a bit odd, he told my dad I would grow out of it but I never did.
Seriously though, we were two down with bare minutes to go and I wanted a season ticket and two Stevenage ones.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
LH
August 13, 2017, 8:58pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Why are we selling Stevenage season tickets at BP?
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
lukeo
August 13, 2017, 9:19pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Leon everytime I giggle at a daft reply your username is popping up way to much for my liking!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
August 14, 2017, 4:05pm
Guest User
I think it's commendable the staff are watching the game. I'm sure they are all straight back in the office when the final whistle goes, probably just before. The majority, if not all of them are Town fans. In my experience, they could not be more helpful, I've forgotten my season ticket before, I had a coat with a broken zip last season - both the ticketing and club shop side could not have done any more.

Particularly the time leading up to and immediately after the game, they are under pressure to be polite, courteous, give their customers time but still get the queue down as efficiently as possible. They do a great job, the original poster should have stayed to the end and got behind the lads (although I must admit I could only stand 87 minutes last Saturday!).
Reply: 38 - 52
gtfc98
August 14, 2017, 4:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from 75
I think it's commendable the staff are watching the game. I'm sure they are all straight back in the office when the final whistle goes, probably just before. The majority, if not all of them are Town fans. In my experience, they could not be more helpful, I've forgotten my season ticket before, I had a coat with a broken zip last season - both the ticketing and club shop side could not have done any more.

Particularly the time leading up to and immediately after the game, they are under pressure to be polite, courteous, give their customers time but still get the queue down as efficiently as possible. They do a great job, the original poster should have stayed to the end and got behind the lads (although I must admit I could only stand 87 minutes last Saturday!).

well said mate.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I tried to spend money.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.