Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › I tried to spend money.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 274 Guests

I tried to spend money.

This thread currently has 7,877 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
August 12, 2017, 9:06pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Yeah Wednesday mate, weren't cheap mind, after fees they were £108 each for the nord stand.

You did well to get in there.
We always go the lower side and pay up to 85 euros depending on the category, Dortmund being a top one.
It's a bit of a myth that German footy is cheaper, it can be, the HSV standing season tickets can be bought for a couple of hundred euros BUT the waiting list for the 10,000 is longer than a really long thing from number one long street in longshire.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 52
HertsGTFC
August 12, 2017, 11:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,651
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from barralad

As far as I know the staff have always watched the game. I understand your point but I'm not sure how much demand there is for tickets whilst the game is on? To be honest I cannot see anything unprofessional about it.

Well your blind then Ian, our ticket office is an unprofessional shambles. I was in there today at about 1pm when it was getting busy, a few people in the queue and 3 serving, it got busier and when it came to my turn one very experienced long standing colleague who was one of the three serving looked up at me then walked to the back of the office in and fiddled with a few papers rather than dealing with the queue. Plus have a look behind the counter it's an untidy sh1t hole rather than a professional football club ticketing operation someone needs to remind Steve that we are not tin pot anymore as his operation and office often is.

And then............................. 1.05 pm little lad comes in with his dad who asked the lady behind the shop counter if he can have Vernon  printed on the back of his new kid shirt  and received the reply of "we don't print after 12 o'clock as it's too busy" dad points out "I did call to check and the lady on the phone said it would be o.k" lady behind the counter replies " she should have not said that as its not right but I'll do it this once", poor poor customer service that and similar to our service policy which usually falls under a "jobs worth" heading,  .

We are rubbish at anything associated with service, retail and customer service at this club and have been for years.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
barralad
August 13, 2017, 6:59am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,197
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Well your blind then Ian, our ticket office is an unprofessional shambles. I was in there today at about 1pm when it was getting busy, a few people in the queue and 3 serving, it got busier and when it came to my turn one very experienced long standing colleague who was one of the three serving looked up at me then walked to the back of the office in and fiddled with a few papers rather than dealing with the queue. Plus have a look behind the counter it's an untidy sh1t hole rather than a professional football club ticketing operation someone needs to remind Steve that we are not tin pot anymore as his operation and office often is.

And then............................. 1.05 pm little lad comes in with his dad who asked the lady behind the shop counter if he can have Vernon  printed on the back of his new kid shirt  and received the reply of "we don't print after 12 o'clock as it's too busy" dad points out "I did call to check and the lady on the phone said it would be o.k" lady behind the counter replies " she should have not said that as its not right but I'll do it this once", poor poor customer service that and similar to our service policy which usually falls under a "jobs worth" heading,  .

We are rubbish at anything associated with service, retail and customer service at this club and have been for years.

I was referring to the view that it was somehow unprofessional not  to have a presence in the shop during the game.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 52
HertsGTFC
August 13, 2017, 11:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,651
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from barralad

I was referring to the view that it was somehow unprofessional not  to have a presence in the shop during the game.

Who answers the phone when the office is empty?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 52
arryarryarry
August 13, 2017, 11:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Don't the staff watch the game on TV as far as I know it is transmitted live around the ground.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 52
Ipswin
August 13, 2017, 12:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from GYinScuntland

You did well to get in there.
We always go the lower side and pay up to 85 euros depending on the category, Dortmund being a top one.
It's a bit of a myth that German footy is cheaper, it can be, the HSV standing season tickets can be bought for a couple of hundred euros BUT the waiting list for the 10,000 is longer than a really long thing from number one long street in longshire.

Ajax v Vitesse for me on Sept 24th Goods seats in a central block in the upper tier 35 euros each

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
lukeo
August 13, 2017, 12:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,307
Gold Stars: 134
Club shops gone down hill since Fiona left
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
bluerose13x
August 13, 2017, 1:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Guy with a season ticket who sits near me was telling me yesterday he went into the ticket office with his young son who goes occasionally to buy a child ticket. No was the answer and your way too old for a child ticket, the guy said he explained he was a ST holder, and was buying a child ticket for his 5 year old son he had picked up who was dressed in town shirt etc. No came the reply again, your far too old.

The guy moved down the counter and spoke to another member of staff who actually had a brain cell and got served straight away with no fuss with a child ticket.

And I'm sure the ticket office still have the window counters facing the carpark/outside. Whilst the match is on I can kind of understand having the shop/ticket office locked up - can unfortunately see chucked out/refused entry idiots having a go at female/office staff and stewards are required in the ground instead of guarding the office. Would have thought maintain a presence in the office using the window counters if they are still there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 52
barralad
August 13, 2017, 2:06pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,197
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Who answers the phone when the office is empty?

On that basis perhaps GTFC should man the office 24/7 FFS.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
Mariner Ronnie
August 13, 2017, 2:23pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Ipswin

Ajax v Vitesse for me on Sept 24th Goods seats in a central block in the upper tier 35 euros each

Could've done hertha v Leverkusen on the same day (20th) for 15€ on the gate, though that doesn't ever seem to sell out.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › I tried to spend money.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.