Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I tried to spend money.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 380 Guests

I tried to spend money.

This thread currently has 7,872 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
August 12, 2017, 7:22pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Had a strange experience today and I'm sure I'm not being unreasonable.
Not having a season ticket for a few years due to shift work I got one last season after retirement.
I got a letter from the club saying they noticed I hadn't renewed and if I wanted I could still renew at the early bird price, if not I could produce the letter and have a ticket for todays game for twelve notes.
Having commitments for a few months I thought I'd be best off with a half season ticket later so took them up on the twelve note offer.
Sitting in the Upper I'm mulling it over and as a mate said, I'd be guaranteed a seat so I thought sod it, I'll get one.
We're one down and to be honest I couldn't see us coming back, needing the loo I jokingly said I'd miss the equaliser.
Sure enough, just zipped up and there's a huge roar, but as we know, them not us.
A few minutes in the bar and I'm thinking beat the rush, go get the Stevenage tickets and also pay for a Season ticket.
The office / shop's shut, lights off, doors locked with no one in sight.
Now this is bare minutes before the end so I ask the steward on the Ponny gate about the shop but He's no idea.
I go back, rattle the door and there's a lady vacuuming who tells me the office will be open after the match as the staff are watching the game!!
Just didn't seem very professional to me, in fact I was seething.

So now I've got time to have another think about a purchase.

Logged Offline
Private Message
LH
August 12, 2017, 7:26pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Good that the staff are all keen to watch Town though isn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
barralad
August 12, 2017, 7:30pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Not having a season ticket for a few years due to shift work I got one last season after retirement.
I got a letter from the club saying they noticed I hadn't renewed and if I wanted I could still renew at the early bird price, if not I could produce the letter and have a ticket for todays game for twelve notes.
Having commitments for a few months I thought I'd be best off with a half season ticket later so took them up on the twelve note offer.
Sitting in the Upper I'm mulling it over and as a mate said, I'd be guaranteed a seat so I thought sod it, I'll get one.
We're one down and to be honest I couldn't see us coming back, needing the loo I jokingly said I'd miss the equaliser.
Sure enough, just zipped up and there's a huge roar, but as we know, them not us.
A few minutes in the bar and I'm thinking beat the rush, go get the Stevenage tickets and also pay for a Season ticket.
Now this is bare minutes before the end so I ask the steward on the Ponny gate about the shop but He's no idea.
I go back, rattle the door and there's a lady vacuuming who tells me the office will be open after the match as the staff are watching the game!!

As far as I know the staff have always watched the game. I understand your point but I'm not sure how much demand there is for tickets whilst the game is on? To be honest I cannot see anything unprofessional about it.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
Mariner Ronnie
August 12, 2017, 7:45pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
To be honest though scuntland we had an issue with what you said above with the guiseley tickets two seasons back. People were leaving the game early to get to the front of the queue and were getting served earlier than the people that stayed to the full time whistle, I was "seething" at that.

On a separate note scuntland, I managed to get Hamburg tickets against Dortmund in September. Buzzing! (Town don't have a game that week) 😬

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
GYinScuntland
August 12, 2017, 8:08pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
To be honest though scuntland we had an issue with what you said above with the guiseley tickets two seasons back. People were leaving the game early to get to the front of the queue and were getting served earlier than the people that stayed to the full time whistle, I was "seething" at that.

On a separate note scuntland, I managed to get Hamburg tickets against Dortmund in September. Buzzing! (Town don't have a game that week) 😬

The Wednesday night game? You'll enjoy it.
We fly out Tuesday and back Thursday.
Then back on the 29th for Werder Bremen so I'll miss Town tonking the six fingered, carrot crunching, sister fiddlers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
Mariner Ronnie
August 12, 2017, 8:10pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6

The Wednesday night game? You'll enjoy it.
We fly out Tuesday and back Thursday.
Then back on the 29th for Werder Bremen so I'll miss Town tonking the six fingered, carrot crunching, sister fiddlers.

Yeah Wednesday mate, weren't cheap mind, after fees they were £108 each for the nord stand.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
wigworld
August 12, 2017, 8:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29

Do they get paid extra for having to suffer that?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 52
SteffiMariner
August 12, 2017, 8:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19

I cannot see any issue here at all, the staff have always watched the game. Or is this just trying to find another stick to beat the club with?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
GYinScuntland
August 12, 2017, 8:17pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from SteffiMariner

I cannot see any issue here at all, the staff have always watched the game. Or is this just trying to find another stick to beat the club with?

FFS!
Yeah, someone who's followed the club since a nipper and wants to batter them at any occasion.
cheers for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
jonnyboy82
August 12, 2017, 8:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Sack em all.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I tried to spend money.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.