Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone can beat anyone in this league.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 422 Guests

Anyone can beat anyone in this league.

This thread currently has 1,135 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
northbankmariner
August 12, 2017, 6:38pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Well here we are, 2 games into the new season, in what may be a really close division this year. Ironically we have played the only team to have won both their games. Looking at today's results, Luton last weeks high scorers got beat, Yeovil on the end of that 8 goal hulimiation won today. This season will be impossible to call as so many teams are of an equal standard, town with a bit of luck could be up there this season but equally so can anyone it seems, any team that has a run of consistency will be right up there, home form will be the key and I feel we should play with 2 strikers at home.
With only one team managing back to back wins this could be an interesting unpredictable but very close season.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
HackneyHaddock
August 12, 2017, 7:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I was thinking exactly the same thing on surveying the scores today.  Some unpredictable ones in there, like Luton losing to Barnet for example.  Coventry will be up there at the end of the season.

There's a long way to go and still lots of cause for optimism and should be a good game at Stevenage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
Mariner_09
August 12, 2017, 11:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Could be as tight as last year. What last year showed that if you win 3 on the bounce you end up in the play offs (providing you're not adrift at the bottom.) For me we could finish anywhere between 3rd and 22nd.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
ginnywings
August 12, 2017, 11:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
We started iffy last season. Good win first game, then i think we lost the next three before finding our feet a bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone can beat anyone in this league.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.