15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
bigdavemariner
August 12, 2017, 5:47pm Report to Moderator
UTM
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +10 / -0
Approval: +114
Thought cardwell looked an upgrade on Vernon. Quick, chased everything, but playing long ball to a lone striker is never going to work and left him isolated. He's not a target man.
Biggest positive for me was the lad rose in the middle. Thought he was fantastic. Energetic, skillful, found a man and played it simple.
Berrett and Summerfield slow the game down too much for me. Won't be overly critical of either of them because thought they actually did alright but not sharp enough moving the ball about.
Biggest disappointment for me was Dixon at full back. He's not shite, but he's abit too slow in possession, looks like he has a mistake in him. Doesn't look athletic or quick enough to provide any kind of overlap with the wingers.

Gary Lump Lump Lump!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 141
gytone
August 12, 2017, 5:47pm Report to Moderator
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +253
Agree with all that's been said, summerfield and berrett aren't good enough and probably wouldn't be playing if others were fit and available. Coventry showed everything that is wrong with football diving, moaning cheating and a very poor ref fell for it everytime, having said that they were better than us on the day and deserved the victory. Couldn't watch that every week though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 141
jonnyboy82
August 12, 2017, 5:48pm Report to Moderator

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +66 / -34
Approval: +2,627
Sladey got it all wrong today and playing a 451 at home ain't going to do him any favours .

I don't know why he played through formation as if he wants to play a lone striker then surely a 4231 is better suited with the players we have ..

I like the thought of dembele Jones DJ as the 3 with hooper up as the lone striker if he wants like I said to only play one striker with rose and McAllister as the two midfielders.

Anyway back to the game and we just were set up completely wrong and I hope sladey never plays Jones out wide again.

DID SOMEONE SAY  L E A G U E 2

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 141
realist
August 12, 2017, 5:50pm Report to Moderator
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -8
Approval: +-1,175
Bring back Bignot. He was better than this clown. On this tactical/selection showing I might start going yo the Wheatsheaf again instead of BP

ADF
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 141
ginnywings
August 12, 2017, 5:55pm Report to Moderator

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.56
Rep Score: +74 / -23
Approval: +18,133
Dixon had a poor game because their No11 Jones ripped him a new one. Best player on the pitch IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 141
BP Vicar
August 12, 2017, 5:57pm Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.49
Rep Score: +59 / -18
Approval: +2,132
Absolutely shocking performance. The free kick? I've seen it again and words fail me, the ref was absolutely right to give the goal. What Collins is thinking of even passing the ball backwards to the keeper is beyond understanding. I was pulling my hair out watching the full backs punt the ball long to a centre forward isolated on his own against Coventry's three centre backs and tucked in full backs, especially when the central midfielders were showing and available.

It's going to be a long hard season if we continue in that vain, and we will under Slade. Ridiculous tactics against a poor side IMO, we have some good footballers at the club who will do nothing but see the ball flying over their heads. It isn't our way, but we'd best get used to it.

hopes Scunthorpe lose almost as much as I hope we win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 141
Davec
August 12, 2017, 6:04pm Report to Moderator
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +9 / -10
Approval: +-473
Quoted from BP Vicar
Absolutely shocking performance. The free kick? I've seen it again and words fail me, the ref was absolutely right to give the goal. What Collins is thinking of even passing the ball backwards to the keeper is beyond understanding. I was pulling my hair out watching the full backs punt the ball long to a centre forward isolated on his own against Coventry's three centre backs and tucked in full backs, especially when the central midfielders were showing and available.

It's going to be a long hard season if we continue in that vain, and we will under Slade. Ridiculous tactics against a poor side IMO, we have some good footballers at the club who will do nothing but see the ball flying over their heads. It isn't our way, but we'd best get used to it.

It was Clarke who gifted them the goal
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 141
oldun
August 12, 2017, 6:04pm Report to Moderator

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.62
Rep Score: +54 / -5
Approval: +2,595
All negative on here tonight. Up until the crazy first goal for them we were in the game. After that it went firmly in their favour. They are decent and in Jones 11 they have a real handful of a player. Nothing else to say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 141
BP Vicar
August 12, 2017, 6:06pm Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.49
Rep Score: +59 / -18
Approval: +2,132
Quoted from bigdavemariner

Biggest positive for me was the lad rose in the middle. Thought he was fantastic. Energetic, skillful, found a man and played it simple.
Berrett and Summerfield slow the game down too much for me. Won't be overly critical of either of them because thought they actually did alright but not sharp enough moving the ball about.
Biggest disappointment for me was Dixon at full back. He's not shite, but he's abit too slow in possession, looks like he has a mistake in him.

Strange how we can go to the game and see things so differently. I thought Rose and contrasting halves, he was excellent in the first half breaking up play, getting around the pitch and distributing the ball. He started the second half with a couple of errors losing posession and things got steadily worse for him. Berrett and Summerfield aren't good enough to play for us, Summerfield worries me in posession, he doesn't see the picture early enough and his passing is sometimes overly ambitious given his ability. Berrett is Mr Invisible, reasonable techinque but the game bypasses him. I doubt he'll see to many reds for getting his foot in either. Dixon, the jury is out but he has missed a huge portion of pre season and he looked leggy in the second half against the best player on the pitch (who should have been shown onto his weaker right foot but was allowed to go outside at will).

hopes Scunthorpe lose almost as much as I hope we win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 141
Garth
August 12, 2017, 6:06pm Report to Moderator

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.83
Rep Score: +50 / -9
Approval: +3,278
Quoted from bigdavemariner
Thought cardwell looked an upgrade on Vernon. Quick, chased everything, but playing long ball to a lone striker is never going to work and left him isolated. He's not a target man.
Biggest disappointment for me was Dixon at full back. He's not shite, but he's abit too slow in possession, looks like he has a mistake in him. Doesn't look athletic or quick enough to provide any kind of overlap with the wingers.

Cardwell out of his depth today did nothing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 141
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.